Speed and Performance of Indian Fast bowlers in IPL

vishalvirsingh

I'm not so sure about speedguns in IPL.I mean even Irfan touched 139 v PWI,hows that possible. but yeah,Awana,Dinda n Umesh hv done well
But PK still bowling 120. Speed guns are okay. Pathan did look quicker with new action though not consistently quick.

Yo Mahesh, PK, Rajat Bhatia, VK...speedguns are showing their usual speeds. Irfan is mostly bowling in the 130-133 range, with occasional faster balls. Zak is in his usual 133-135 corridor. Agarkar, Dinda, Awana, Nehra are all bowling in the 138-142 range which we know they are capable of. Yadav has been at 142-146. I think the speedguns are OK.

Awana is being recognised now big way as his name ws mentioned in TOI in a couple of column"s among succcessfull guys...... What makes DC not pick Gony at all specially when veer pratap and steyn are only the one"s who r bowling OK I feel gony will outbowl Veer pratap as well and provide good support to steyn.....

This pankaj Singh can be considered for future tests that out swing can come handy
If i am going to purely pick someone for Outswinger Balaji would be my first choice. He doesn't have this exaggerated and useless outswing that Sree often bowls but has this outswing that beats the batsman just enough.

This guy can bowl pace but purposefully bowls at 132K or low......
Well yes, but that is hardly a scandal. For one, not everyone can bowl their top speed every day. Sometimes you are in great rhythm, sometimes lesser rhythm, sometimes no rhythm. A second spell is harder to bowl at full pace for some. Also, obviously a bowler can bowl quicker in T20 than in OD or FC cricket due to shorter spells.

all ordinary set of trundlers so far' date=' umesh yadav is india's best bowling hope so far.[/quote'] Two good uncapped bowlers in Parvinder Awana and Veer Pratap Singh. Awana is an experience FC bowler, while Pratap is a rookie and both have decent pace to work with. Veer Pratap is quicker of the two at 19 years of age.

Though Awana is quicker than Veer pratap but Veer Pratap is probably 6 ft 3 Inches and has the right built - he gets natural bounce too- though as on today Awana is better and if he is trained well under Joe davis for kings punjab who knows he is drafted into Indian Team. Key is that DHoni shud have faith in fast bowlers and Spinners where as he has faith in TRUNDLERS and spinners......india has Talent but if they are not picked in eleven how can we improve. Umesh got 23 wickets in Aus but I feel he was a bit under bowled in a Test at least - Dhoni is such a great he can easily ask a Talent like Umesh to warm benches and play Unadkat and unfit Praveen Kumar ahead of him. When I goto bat as soon as I see a Trundler , My confidence Grows and as they say its one of the two- either a batsman attacks a bowler or a bowler attacks a batsman.......if u r playing a trundler, its taken for granted that the batsman will attack you and let's see if we can get him caught. Why not let a bowler attack a batsman

See MUnaf did bowl at 140+ earlier- why did he not keep bowling like that. His debut innings and he bowled perfect yorkers at 143K .....guys who are on a decline shud not be Picked for India.......Munna is on a steep decline. See Malinga he still bowls yorkers at 145 if he bowls the same yorker at 135 will he get thos bowled"s and lbw"s.

munaf patel was never as quick as malinga . malingas top speed is 155k but he generally bowls at 140k range. munaf's top speed was around 144 when he made his debut and generally he bowls around 130k ,so the difference in pace between malingas top speed and avg speed is similar to that of munaf. ie munaf hasnt lost pace ,130k is his normal speed , once in a while munaf will clock 140 when in rhythm like he did in an odi in eng last year but those days come once in a while
Malinga's top speed clocked was 152 in NZ.