Speed and Performance of Indian Fast bowlers in IPL

vishalvirsingh

how many bowlers have actually averaged this ? :hmmm:
Only Shoaib and Brett Lee during their peak 3 or 4 years used to average 145 k or more match after match. Even the great Steyn generally averages around 137 k or 138 k in tests. Maybe Tait does in T20s but he does not play any other format. Most other quicks average 145 k or more only occasionally. Most common averages for genuine quicks are 136 k to 140 k in tests and 140 k to 143 k in shorter versions. Generally it is observed that the average speed is about 4 k to 8 k less than the fastest ball bowled. In tests this difference is even higher, maybe 6 k to 11 k less than the fastest delivery. p.s -- 90 mph = 144.8 kph

Among the fast bowlers i dearly wish RP singh to come back to his old form. He is the closest we can have as a replacement for Zak in future. Same kind of skills just that Zak does a bit more thinking while bowilng.
rp was the biggest reason we competed with australia in australia in last series every one remembers ishant but it was this guy who got the wicekts

Only Shoaib and Brett Lee during their peak 3 or 4 years used to average 145 k or more match after match. Even the great Steyn generally averages around 137 k or 138 k in tests. Maybe Tait does in T20s but he does not play any other format. Most other quicks average 145 k or more only occasionally. Most common averages for genuine quicks are 136 k to 140 k in tests and 140 k to 143 k in shorter versions. Generally it is observed that the average speed is about 4 k to 8 k less than the fastest ball bowled. In tests this difference is even higher, maybe 6 k to 11 k less than the fastest delivery. p.s -- 90 mph = 144.8 kph
ah thnx i think yadav can average 145k in some sessions but i want him to improve his control a bit jsut hit that off stump line i cant think of nay one who would be comfortable playing him :P

Among the fast bowlers i dearly wish RP singh to come back to his old form. He is the closest we can have as a replacement for Zak in future. Same kind of skills just that Zak does a bit more thinking while bowilng.
He is very inconsistent for his pace. I would like him to get better and come back but he lacks desire to come back, cannot see much improvement in his fitness even after 10 months of of England tour and I will never select a disinterested player.

its almost mind boggling how every year at the IPL there are at least 2-3 promising batsman but almost never any promising pure fast bowlers
Untrue , the bowlers are not recognized or nurtured or get injured, Aaron, Umesh, Kamran Khan, Awana, Gony, Dinda, Shami in CLT20, P Parmeswaran, Mithun,all these fast bowlers came into spotlight thru IPL, IPL is a very unforgiving format for bowlers where most international bowlers also struggle, some bowlers are picked up by selectors after a good showing and potential for one or two tours then just discarded. Most of these bowlers are not groomed to show good improvement like what the ECB does but infact loose pace and go backwards, example Mithun, Kamran. Mithun in his first IPL could bowl 145 k , had a better action now he has lost pace and look ragged, same for Kamran, Parmeswaran, bowlers need much more nurturing and structured monitoring and grooming, it would be a shame if we lost Gony, Tyagi, VRV, Mithun as all of them had potential and also pace.

so i saw tht match (dd vs dc) aaron actually the way he beat dhawan 2 in row on tht track really impressed me he is getting tht zip he will be very succesful in away matches when we tour south africa or australia hope he stays fit :D pace wise he was not clocking in high 140's but still was very impressive and hit 140 w/o much effort

so i saw tht match (dd vs dc) aaron actually the way he beat dhawan 2 in row on tht track really impressed me he is getting tht zip he will be very succesful in away matches when we tour south africa or australia hope he stays fit :D pace wise he was not clocking in high 140's but still was very impressive and hit 140 w/o much effort
you are trying too hard just let it go :giggle:

What impresses me most is his ability to surprise the batsmen and get soo many out clean bowled, also he seems to bowl well wide of the crease and get the ball to bounce and jag back in from around and over the wicket, Aaron if he stays fit, will take a lot of wickets in any format he plays. Umesh is a much more natural fast bowler who bowls fast effortlessly, he still needs a bit more experience and he is a fast learner, Awana , Dinda should be given more chances to get exposure, also I am impressed with B Kumars improvement , havent seen him bat but selectors atleast have him on the radar,hopefully Ishant recovers quickly and play some County and play injury free for a long enough time. India seems to now have more faster bowlers, with IPL , Aaron, Umesh , Ishant, we will now see a lot more faster bowlers and a culture for fast bowling, unfortunatley spin bowling is not that strong anymore or maybe state associations are not looking for talent as they should for sure we should have some talented spinners around.

What impresses me most is his ability to surprise the batsmen and get soo many out clean bowled, also he seems to bowl well wide of the crease and get the ball to bounce and jag back in from around and over the wicket, Aaron if he stays fit, will take a lot of wickets in any format he plays. Umesh is a much more natural fast bowler who bowls fast effortlessly, he still needs a bit more experience and he is a fast learner, Awana , Dinda should be given more chances to get exposure, also I am impressed with B Kumars improvement , havent seen him bat but selectors atleast have him on the radar,hopefully Ishant recovers quickly and play some County and play injury free for a long enough time. India seems to now have more faster bowlers, with IPL , Aaron, Umesh , Ishant, we will now see a lot more faster bowlers and a culture for fast bowling, unfortunatley spin bowling is not that strong anymore or maybe state associations are not looking for talent as they should for sure we should have some talented spinners around.
plz no more kumars :pray: only kumar which actually impressed me again was praveen tht too when conditions favoured him havent seen b kumar much i dont think purely as bowler he will do much at international level