ICC World T20, 2012 SriLanka

Feed

ICC World T20, 2012 SriLanka  

1. 1.

So u basically want Newzealand WI and Srl cricket boards to go bankrupt.These ODI series played often and ICC world cups are the ones keeping cricket in these countries afloat financially.
:blink: I am not here to provide a political situation - I am here to provide a solution for the game as in general. That is the first priority. If NZC, WICB, SLC can not make money they need to work around the fulcrum - which is the best interests of the game - and not the other way round. ODI's are losing meaning since a long time now and signs are telling. ICC has a jugaad solution by limiting the number of T20I's played. How long is the question.
+1 I do not understand these theories - just play percentage cricket. You will reach good scores more often than not; much better than blowing hot & cold every alternative game.
In T20 there is nothing like percentage cricket. Majority of the overs you have to take risk. You have to go in with that mind set not with playing percentage cricket like Dhoni. This is exactly why Dhoni screws us over in T20. Playing percentage cricket. Fearless doesn't mean reckless. You have to constantly look for scoring big shots. But if you are intent on not losing your wicket rather than going for shots you will be missing full tosses, half vollies. You are playing out a guy Ajmal for 6 runs.. that is fair enough. But if you block out Rangana herath for 6 balls then you have a problem.
dont put words in my mouth.where did I say hit from ball one.we need to make use off PP' date='consolidate upto 12 overs n then go for it.if e lose early wickets,we can always consolidate n reach the par score.but doing it wen theres no need n having Raina n UV sitting in dugout with just one six hit in entire innings is not on.if we get a good start we need to accelerate.if we dont we need to consolidate,why is it so hard to understand?[/quote'] The problem is me and you sitting here can not make the judgment when to go an when not too. Also, there is no pre-determined plan for everything. Things change a lot in the game and quite fast in T20. Its better you use your brain and play to the situation rather than making plan A ... Z and then thinking on the field which plan to execute. The last match was played to perfection - the pitch was slow and 170 was a very good score. Much better anyways than the game against Afghanistan when we went "all out" and scored a 159 on a better paced track. I prefer to score 170 ... in most games.
In T20 there is nothing like percentage cricket. Majority of the overs you have to take risk. You have to go in with that mind set not with playing percentage cricket like Dhoni. This is exactly why Dhoni screws us over in T20. Playing percentage cricket. Fearless doesn't mean reckless. You have to constantly look for scoring big shots. But if you are intent on not losing your wicket rather than going for shots you will be missing full tosses' date= half vollies. You are playing out a guy Ajmal for 6 runs.. that is fair enough. But if you block out Rangana herath for 6 balls then you have a problem.
Do not attribute Dhoni to the other 6 batsman out there. Dhoni is an outlier. What you call fearless is, I call percentage cricket. Percentage cricket for me is to stay in the game without being reckless and always look out for opportunities to take advantage of the opposition. If that was the case (apart from Dhoni), what was so fearless about the Indian batsmen against England?
:blink: I am not here to provide a political situation - I am here to provide a solution for the game as in general. That is the first priority. If NZC, WICB, SLC can not make money they need to work around the fulcrum - which is the best interests of the game - and not the other way round. ODI's are losing meaning since a long time now and signs are telling. ICC has a jugaad solution by limiting the number of T20I's played. How long is the question.
So making NZL WI SRL as minnows is in the best best interests of the game. :blink: We already have only 8 major cricketing countries.Making sure cricket remains a strong sport in these countries is the first priority. This is exactly the reason why now test cricket is losing interest slowly.Only three or four strong teams and not enough close contests , Boring one sided games against weak opposition more often then not.
Do not attribute Dhoni to the other 6 batsman out there. Dhoni is an outlier. What you call fearless is, I call percentage cricket. Percentage cricket for me is to stay in the game without being reckless and always look out for opportunities to take advantage of the opposition. If that was the case (apart from Dhoni), what was so fearless about the Indian batsmen against England?
What if all the bowlers bowl perfect line and length? Would you still be waiting for bad ball eternally? From time to time you need to take chance against the right bowlers. Against England Kohli really launched an assault which was finished well by Rohit. Say Australia bats first and makes 190.. what would be your approach? Playing percentage cricket? T20 requires much more risk taking compared to an ODI where you can build an innings.
So making NZL WI SRL as minnows is in the best best interests of the game. :blink: We already have only 8 major cricketing countries.Making sure cricket remains a strong sport in these countries is the first priority. This is exactly the reason why now test cricket is losing interest slowly.Only three or four strong teams and not enough close contests , Boring one sided games against weak opposition more often then not.
How am I making NZ/WI and SL as minnows? :ohmy: I am asking for ODI between WC's to have more meaning. All options are open including opening up two to four slots for qualification. Certainly, the present scenario is not ideal. Test cricket is not losing because of few teams it is losing because of "insignificance" of matches/series being played. PS - I am off for now.
The problem is me and you sitting here can not make the judgment when to go an when not too. Also, there is no pre-determined plan for everything. Things change a lot in the game and quite fast in T20. Its better you use your brain and play to the situation rather than making plan A ... Z and then thinking on the field which plan to execute. The last match was played to perfection - the pitch was slow and 170 was a very good score. Much better anyways than the game against Afghanistan when we went "all out" and scored a 159 on a better paced track. I prefer to score 170 ... in most games.
we went all out against Afghans?:confused: u r assuming we'll score 170 with this strategy every game,we wont.even yesterday we got there due to poor death bowling by poms.there were 12 extras too.a good spell at the death can reduce that to 150 even 140.which is why we need to take advantage of bad bowling.no risk no rewards as they say
What if all the bowlers bowl perfect line and length? Would you still be waiting for bad ball eternally? From time to time you need to take chance against the right bowlers. Against England Kohli really launched an assault which was finished well by Rohit. Say Australia bats first and makes 190.. what would be your approach? Playing percentage cricket? T20 requires much more risk taking compared to an ODI where you can build an innings.
NO - and when did what you say last happened? Line & Length in T20 ... Kya VVS bhai aap bhi na kamaal karte hai! :giggle:
we went all out against Afghans?:confused: u r assuming we'll score 170 with this strategy every game,we wont.even yesterday we got there due to poor death bowling by poms.there were 12 extras too.a good spell at the death can reduce that to 150 even 140.which is why we need to take advantage of bad bowling.no risk no rewards as they say
Your same argument can be given to go hit out as well. Some days we will score 180 and some day 100. I am all for taking advantage on bad bowling but do not pre-decide 10 days earlier that Broad will be a bad bowler. Decide on the pitch and if the ball is not bad as VVS says try to create opportunities. I am all for that - what I am against is (if you were on match threads yesterdays' game you will realize) - retarded comments like Not a single six in this innings what are the batsmen doing? OR England has already hit 3 sixes, they are going to win. It just makes me go :mad: Also, even if Dhoni plays tuk-tuk in one game he may play better in one game. These pre-conceived notions about each and every player around is getting quite irritating now TBH.
Your same argument can be given to go hit out as well. Some days we will score 180 and some day 100. I am all for taking advantage on bad bowling but do not pre-decide 10 days earlier that Broad will be a bad bowler. Decide on the pitch and if the ball is not bad as VVS says try to create opportunities. I am all for that - what I am against is (if you were on match threads yesterdays' game you will realize) - retarded comments like Not a single six in this innings what are the batsmen doing? OR England has already hit 3 sixes' date= they are going to win. It just makes me go :mad: Also, even if Dhoni plays tuk-tuk in one game he may play better in one game. These pre-conceived notions about each and every player around is getting quite irritating now TBH.
I'm not saying slog with ur eyes closed.but just take more risks.Swann had great figures yesterday.but we allowed him to bowl.try to put pressure early n see how it goes.we cant hv fear of failure n not try.take calculated risks.we didnt take any risks yesterday