Kings XI Punjab Celebrations Thread - Party Time : Bhangra & Food

marker

1 minute ago, Lord said:

Mohit needs a sack.

Ishant can be tried (not kidding)

need another spinner a leggie

and please bat Max and Miller ahead of Axar

I would drop Mohit for a batsman and Natrajan for a spinner. IMO 3 seamers in Sandeep, Aaron and Stoinis are more than enough. You don't need a 4th in Ishant. Also, would bat Saha at no. 3 and Axar can swing his bat at 7. Maxwell and Miller need to bat at 4 and 5 else they won't have anyone to shepherd the lower order.

1 minute ago, Ultimate_Game said:

I would drop Mohit for a batsman and Natrajan for a spinner. IMO 3 seamers in Sandeep, Aaron and Stoinis are more than enough. You don't need a 4th in Ishant. Also, would bat Saha at no. 3 and Axar can swing his bat at 7. Maxwell and Miller need to bat at 4 and 5 else they won't have anyone to shepherd the lower order.

you gotta have 6th bowling option,though Maxwell can roll his arm over.

Gurkeerat is only other decent Indian batsman left.they replaced Vijay with a bowler :))

in T20s you need people higher up,no. 5 and 6 often run out of deliveries

1 minute ago, Lord said:

you gotta have 6th bowling option,though Maxwell can roll his arm over.

Gurkeerat is only other decent Indian batsman left.they replaced Vijay with a bowler :))

in T20s you need people higher up,no. 5 and 6 often run out of deliveries

Gurkeerat can come in place of Mohit or Natrajan, and the final spot can go to one of Mohit, Ishant or Natrajan though I would prefer an all-rounder as 4 pacers are one too many I feel, especially in Indian conditions. Gurkeerat can score quick runs and bowl a couple of handy overs.

I wouldn't change Maxwell or Miller's batting order. They are not the guys to bat through an innings. Let Vohra and Saha go after the bowling at the top backed by Amla. Then you can have Maxwell and Miller to bat through rest of the innings coz you need one of them to bat at the death. If they fall early the lower order doesn't have enough experience or firepower to win a match on its own.

3 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

Gurkeerat can come in place of Mohit or Natrajan, and the final spot can go to one of Mohit, Ishant or Natrajan though I would prefer an all-rounder as 4 pacers are one too many I feel, especially in Indian conditions. Gurkeerat can score quick runs and bowl a couple of handy overs.

I wouldn't change Maxwell or Miller's batting order. They are not the guys to bat through an innings. Let Vohra and Saha go after the bowling at the top backed by Amla. Then you can have Maxwell and Miller to bat through rest of the innings coz you need one of them to bat at the death. If they fall early the lower order doesn't have enough experience or firepower to win a match on its own.

.Stoinis is a batting AR if I am right.more known for late order hitting.or they can play Sammy on a sticky wicket

Saha and Vohra arent explosive enough to make use if powerplays, neither is Amla.Before IPL started,I even thought of Max opening with Morgan and Miller in mddle order.though now tough to drop Amla.

the batting is being helped by bowling coming good.The moment they need 180+,this strategy will fail

3 minutes ago, Lord said:

.Stoinis is a batting AR if I am right.more known for late order hitting.or they can play Sammy on a sticky wicket

Saha and Vohra arent explosive enough to make use if powerplays, neither is Amla.Before IPL started,I even thought of Max opening with Morgan and Miller in mddle order.though now tough to drop Amla.

the batting is being helped by bowling coming good.The moment they need 180+,this strategy will fail

Vohra is a pretty good hitter at the top and Saha is fine too given maxwell and Miller are down the order. I would sacrifice Vohra and Saha at the top than risk losing Maxwell, and Miller is not a no. 3 batsman. My Punjab XI would be...

Amla

Vohra

Saha

Maxwell

Miller

Gurkeerat

Stoinis

Axar

Aaron

Ishant/Mohit/Natarajan or another spinner depending on conditions

Sandeep

If Amla and Vohra bat deep in the innings then Maxwell can come in at 3 else Saha is fine for that spot.

29 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Bowling is one dimensional. Curious to watch them in Bangalore and Mumbai. 

Amla should be replaced by Morgan. However don't know if anyone else can open.

If Morgan is in great form I would have Vohra and Saha open with Morgan in at 3, Maxwell at 4 and Miller at 5. But I'm not sure Morgan over Amla is an upgrade.

aisi innings khelne ke baad bhi Amla ko drop karne ki baat chal rahi hai :no:

bharosemand batsman hai, wickets jaane per jame bhi reh sakta hai aur zaroorat padhne per SR ko bhi sudhaar sakta hai.

plus dono winning matches me acchi batting ki hai.

Amla aur Manam ki opening jodi sahi hai. talent ke saath experience :nice: