Shah Rukh Khan thread

bulbul

The confusion may arise for outsiders but that is because historically' date=' there is lots of Punjabi influence in Delhi and some parts of Haryana. Haryana was part of Punjab until a few decades ago and there are still few parts that have Punjabi speakers there. Anyways, the popularity of Butter chicken doesn't change the fact that it is basically a Punjabi dish.[/quote'] PunjabiByNature?? As in wo Dilli waala restaurant kya? :secret: The discussion was inspired by this http://indiancricketfans.com/showpost.php?p=2255145&postcount=13 Butter Chicken is a Chandigarh dish, NOT a Punjabi :bootyshake: It is all in good humor :winky:

oh' date=' my roomie made litti-choka and sattu paratha couple of times. He made it sound like its best damn thing since slice bread. I won't deny I liked it but come on, i would not pay for such a dish in a restaurant. :P[/quote'] Boss your Bihari room mate is giving a bad name to Bihar. Never impresses you into anything :doh: :doh: Kaisa room mate rakhe ho?? By the way I am not sure if I would eat litti choka in a restaurant myself. It is maha-swadist but somehow restaurant palate is entirely different..me thinks.

PunjabiByNature?? As in wo Dilli waala restaurant kya? The discussion was inspired by this http://indiancricketfans.com/showpost.php?p=2255145&postcount=13 Butter Chicken is a Chandigarh dish, NOT a Punjabi It is all in good humor
LOL! Chandigarh is capital of Punjab. Punjabi is second official language of Haryana and Delhi underlying the Punjabi influence. Obviously, the infographic needed four places to list down few Punjabi dishes. Plus it does not even include Amritsari Kulchas or Amritsari fish to name a few. B->

PunjabiByNature?? As in wo Dilli waala restaurant kya? :secret: The discussion was inspired by this http://indiancricketfans.com/showpost.php?p=2255145&postcount=13 Butter Chicken is a Chandigarh dish, NOT a Punjabi :bootyshake: It is all in good humor :winky:
PunjabiByNature ( the one at Vasant Vihar) is one of the best restaurants I've been to. Ever. It is probably the only thing in favour of Delhi that I can think of. :P Jiggs Kalra Punjab Grill - Juhu wala ( I think its owned by the brother/ brother in law of the guy who owns Punjabi By Nature) isn't even half as good.

UP minister Azam Khan 'humiliated' in US

LUCKNOW: Uttar Pradesh (UP) minority welfare minister and senior Samajwadi Party (SP) leader Azam Khan was allegedly subjected to humiliation at Boston's Logan Airport in America. In protest, Khan, who had gone to US along with chief minister Akhilesh Yadav to deliver a lecture in Harvard University on Mahakumbh, has decided to come back after a 'short stay'. According to the press release issued by Khurshid Ahmed, minister's information officer, late on Thursday night, Khan is deeply hurt by the humiliation and would come back after delivering a short lecture. Khan has also decided to cancel all other engagements scheduled during his stay in US. Khan was reportedly questioned and harassed at Boston airport by the officials despite the fact that he had a diplomatic passport. Khan claimed that he was insulted and harassed only because he is a Muslim. Khan, the press release stated, said that he had gone to America not for a pleasure trip but on the invitation of Harvard University to deliver lecture on how the state government organised Mahakumbh mela in Allahabad earlier this year, The Mahakumbh is the largest religion congregation lasting for three months. It saw participation of over 10 crore people from across the world. Khan said that the behaviour of the US officials was highly deplorable. It is not the first time that an Indian has been subjected to harassment in US. Earlier, people like former President APJ Abdul Kalam and Bollywood star Shahrukh Khan have also been subjected to similar humiliation. Even former defence minister George Fernandes was strip-searched twice in Dulles Airport in the US during an official visit to Washington. In 2010, India's envoy to Washington, Meera Shankar was also humiliated in the name of search at an airport in US.
UP-minister-Azam-Khan-humiliated-in-US Why the heck these guys go there and get insulted in the first place. Whoever invited you doesn't freaking matter. I am a US citizen and my name is not KHAN and i get frisked and what not, bags checked. Its very inconvenient but I am convinced that they are doing it for good of americans and thats what matters. But they dont insult. They always call me Sir and they are extremely polite if you cooperate with them. I would like to ask Azam khan that did he feel humiliated when minister of his government insulted police couple of days ago. If not then he should ST$U and stay home. On the other side, Indian governement must do something about this and have a specific guidelines to all the officials/ministers visiting foreign countries and how they should behave and what they should expect. Also make sure that they strongly protest if any country doesn't treat Indian officials with proper respect.

UP-minister-Azam-Khan-humiliated-in-US Why the heck these guys go there and get insulted in the first place. Whoever invited you doesn't freaking matter. I am a US citizen and my name is not KHAN and i get frisked and what not, bags checked. Its very inconvenient but I am convinced that they are doing it for good of americans and thats what matters. But they dont insult. They always call me Sir and they are extremely polite if you cooperate with them. I would like to ask Azam khan that did he feel humiliated when minister of his government insulted police couple of days ago. If not then he should ST$U and stay home. On the other side, Indian governement must do something about this and have a specific guidelines to all the officials/ministers visiting foreign countries and how they should behave and what they should expect. Also make sure that they strongly protest if any country doesn't treat Indian officials with proper respect.
Well IMHO he should be along with all a hole politicians should be humiliated in India as well.

But in today's date of information technology' date=' they should learn to minimize such random stops. Once they learned that SRK was a distinguished personality and stopping him led to a controversy at high levels last time, they should not have stopped him a second time. Any random guy on the side walks of Bangalore can write that program for them.[/quote'] just because he is famous does not mean he cannot commit a crime...he should be frisked if deemed fit..not let go because he can dance around the trees and earn a lot of money... if that was the criterion every rich businessman, politician and sportsmen should go scot free..again rich doesnt mean innocent...many people use their money and status to get away with crime...who knows where his or her loyalties lie

He was "detained" for 10 minutes. TEN ****ING MINUTES. ********* NETA AUKAAD dikha rahe hai hain ****** ....maake ke lo^&@*# ko har jagah sifarish se ghusne ki aadat jo hai. "Cannot do this after inviting us".. Harvard, private university, ne invite kiya, US Homeland security ne nahi...*****u apni andpadta har jagah phailate phirte hain.

He was "detained" for 10 minutes. TEN ****ING MINUTES. ********* NETA AUKAAD dikha rahe hai hain ****** ....maake ke lo^&@*# ko har jagah sifarish se ghusne ki aadat jo hai. "Cannot do this after inviting us".. Harvard, private university, ne invite kiya, US Homeland security ne nahi...*****u apni andpadta har jagah phailate phirte hain.
THIS is exactly how I felt. :two_thumbs_up:

I cant really say whether he deserves it or not but what they do is pretty routine and he was handled very politely. So what is the fuss about. 10 freaking minutes has become such a huge deal. After this incidence, my respect for our Ex. Hon pres. Mr Abdul Kalam has gone even higher. Can you imagine a president of our country was treated same way and nobody noticed it happened. Absolutely graceful in handling the situation, esp by a man of that stature. Americas' security works differently and their security staff is not trained to treat people according to their status, esp not the foreigners. I have no doubt in my mind that this chap has acted little arrogantly there. Anyways, I strongly feel that we as a country should educate everyone on how to behave when we visit foreign countries. At least it will save us some embarrassment. Local muslims or their families has to go through much more than that. I am sure it must be hard on them and I do feel for them because its not their fault but they suffer. At least those who are hard working honest american/canadian citizens. Mark me, in another 6 months you will hear one more case like this and another guy whining.