The Narendra Modi thread

1983-2011

The Narendra Modi thread  

6 members have voted

1. 1.

From an original source, a tabloid which is available for free in every nook and carnny of London. I mean the homeless of london literally wipe their **** with it

It appears that the suit has come from our very own Savile Row, with fabric made by “cloth merchants of distinction” Holland & Sherry. The fabric alone — seven metres required to make a suit — would have cost somewhere between £2,500 and £3,000. Holland & Sherry supplies the fabric to international tailors Tom James. The Londoner imagines the final bill for such a suit would be approaching £10,000. Holland & Sherry refuses to comment on individual clients but “[couldn’t] think of anyone else who would do something like that” and Tom James said “I believe we are the only ones doing that [style]” but wouldn’t confirm Modi as a client, nor the price.
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londoners-diary/londoners-diary-only-savile-row-will-suit-to-meet-the-president-10003028.html http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Evening_Standard So now people believe the saying of a rag which is meant to bring comic relief to people of london who use public transport? This paper makes the Daily Mail look like the Financial Times.

Are these words of a grown adult? That right there, the bolded bit of your post, is the biggest pile of pure unadulterated BS I've ever read. If we are thinking of the same riots, 250 odd Hindus also died. How did that happen if there was no chain of action-reaction? If you deny that there was no chain of action-reaction, you are either being unintentionally delusional or intentionally deceitful. I'm inclined to think the latter.
In majority of communal riots the dominant group in a neighborhood massacres the other group. The dominance is such that there is little chance of action-reaction. There was no action-reaction in the '84 riots because Sikhs were greatly outnumbered in most areas and the rioters were supported by the state machinery. Similarly, there was no action-reaction in the '02 riots in Gujarat. Muslims were greatly outnumbered and the rioters were supported by the state machinery. The 250 Hindus killed were largely due to a few police officers defying orders from higher up and when the army was finally brought in. Similarly, with the evacuation of Kashmiri Pundits - they were in no position to do action-reaction when militants started targeting them.

In majority of communal riots the dominant group in a neighborhood massacres the other group. The dominance is such that there is little chance of action-reaction. There was no action-reaction in the '84 riots because Sikhs were greatly outnumbered in most areas and the rioters were supported by the state machinery. Similarly' date=' there was no action-reaction in the '02 riots in Gujarat. Muslims were greatly outnumbered and the rioters were supported by the state machinery. The 250 Hindus killed were largely due to a few police officers defying orders from higher up and when the army was finally brought in. Similarly, with the evacuation of Kashmiri Pundits - they were in no position to do action-reaction when militants started targeting them.[/quote'] action - assassination of indira reaction - riots action - godra train burning reaction - subsequent riots :hmmm:

action - assassination of indira reaction - riots
Previous action - Storming of the Golden Temple.
action - godra train burning reaction - subsequent riots :hmmm:
Previous action - Babri Masjid demolition And you can construct even more "actions" and "reactions" prior to the ones I just wrote down. I was talking about the actual dynamics of a riot. Neighborhoods are targeted by surprise and when there is ground knowledge that the opposite community will not be able to respond effectively. And that is also what Modi was referring to when he referred to the events as a recurrent responses or pratikriya chali hui hai.

In majority of communal riots the dominant group in a neighborhood massacres the other group. The dominance is such that there is little chance of action-reaction. There was no action-reaction in the '84 riots because Sikhs were greatly outnumbered in most areas and the rioters were supported by the state machinery. Similarly' date= there was no action-reaction in the '02 riots in Gujarat. Muslims were greatly outnumbered and the rioters were supported by the state machinery. The 250 Hindus killed were largely due to a few police officers defying orders from higher up and when the army was finally brought in. Similarly, with the evacuation of Kashmiri Pundits - they were in no position to do action-reaction when militants started targeting them.
More blatant rubbish. Source: findings of the Justice Tewatia Inquiry commission.

In majority of communal riots the dominant group in a neighborhood massacres the other group. The dominance is such that there is little chance of action-reaction. There was no action-reaction in the '84 riots because Sikhs were greatly outnumbered in most areas and the rioters were supported by the state machinery. Similarly' date= there was no action-reaction in the '02 riots in Gujarat. Muslims were greatly outnumbered and the rioters were supported by the state machinery. The 250 Hindus killed were largely due to a few police officers defying orders from higher up and when the army was finally brought in. Similarly, with the evacuation of Kashmiri Pundits - they were in no position to do action-reaction when militants started targeting them.
Doesn't hold up to facts. Not all neighborhoods are dominated by the overall majority community. A riot in one neighborhood is retaliated by massacre in another. Mumbai 92-93 is an example of this. In Gujarat, the cities and towns were already segregated on communal lines before 2002, and the rioting and retaliations continued for over a month although the intensity and casualties were maximum in the first few days.

Previous action - Storming of the Golden Temple. Previous action - Babri Masjid demolition And you can construct even more "actions" and "reactions" prior to the ones I just wrote down. I was talking about the actual dynamics of a riot. Neighborhoods are targeted by surprise and when there is ground knowledge that the opposite community will not be able to respond effectively. And that is also what Modi was referring to when he referred to the events as a recurrent responses or pratikriya chali hui hai.
babri mosque is also a right example.. my point is riots are always reactions to some actions .. in the riots minority will always suffer more

action - godra train burning reaction - subsequent riots :hmmm:
Previous action - Babri Masjid demolition
How do you qualify an action that occurred in 1992 in UP as a previous action for the Godhra train incident in 2002? Then, should we go further back in history to the genocide of millions of Hindus at the hands of Islamic rulers who invaded India and qualify that as a "Previous Previous action"?

The 250 Hindus killed were largely due to a few police officers defying orders from higher up and when the army was finally brought in.
So, when police action is reported to have not taken, you blame Modi for inaction. And when police does shoot down rioters, then you say they defied orders. :cantstop: Boy, you are one paradox that is hard to beat! And if you think that Hindus only died because of police action and there were no Muslims attacking Hindus during those riots, you have either chosen to only read news that portrays Muslims as victims or you have deliberately blocked out facts that hinder your argument.

If reaction is to kill people then it doesn't matter, they were all wrong. I cant pick chose which one of the killing was justifiable. Babri Masjit site belonged to one community Access to Babri site to other community was delayed, denied Babri Masjit demolished People were killed People were killed This is my view on the whole issue. In case of 84 riots, Sikh community did not indulge in killing and rioting.

babri mosque is also a right example.. my point is riots are always reactions to some actions .. in the riots minority will always suffer more
I don't think Babri Masjid is the right example - what happened 500 years back should not drive the dynamics of a modern country. What you are speaking about are not reactions. A reaction would be if you slap me and I slap you back. Riots are based on planning and execution. As you said the minority has no chance in a riot.

LOL! I cannot believe you are going after a guy (Kejriwal) in a small state of Delhi to a guy who is the PM who has unlimited money, power and resources at his disposal. If Modi decides to peg the Indian rupee to the US dollar to curb runaway inflation for example - he will get approval for it in 1 week. That is the kind of power he has - which even Congress didn't have for a decent amount of time thanks to coalition agreements and gov't. So if Modi at least doesn't get his agenda of bringing back black money, "made in India" manufaturing growth, curbing corruption throughout the nation, development - in the next 2-3 years - he is an abject failure. One needs to at least pass bills that will move his agenda forward or he has failed. Whether his agenda succeeds or not is another story. But I highly doubt it as Modi is a chamcha of Ambani and a couple of other top guys who threw thousands of crores at him for campaigning etc. Either way, I hope Modi solves the black money and corruption issue - if he cannot solve that he is an absolute fraud.

Mahesh Langa ‏@LangaMahesh So now a temple of @narendramodi to be inaugurated by a central min in a village in Rajkot. Modi's idol will be installed in the temple NaMo NaMo :adore: :adore:
Modi on Twitter:
Have seen the news about a Temple being built in my name. I was appalled. This is shocking & against India's great traditions.
Building such Temples is not what our culture teaches us. Personally, it made me very sad. Would urge those doing it not to do it.
If you have time & resources, please devote the same towards fulfilling our dream of a Clean India.