Pakistan in India 2012-13...

Asim

Pakistan in India 2012-13...  

1. 1.

• Jadeja will open the batting and Chawla at no 4.

Ashwin is probably the most under-appreciated cricketer in India right now...He has already taken 50+ wickets in a short span....his batting has been class,more often than not has been our best LOI player but still gets criticised more often than not. If a phaaast bowler or some slogger had a similar beginning to his career,he would be hailed as the best thing ever.
^:this:
Joining the line of INdia killers. Butt' date=' Malik. Clicking against us more often than not.[/quote'] Nah...he is more in the Misbah mould...does really well in dividually but contributes to Indian victory more often than not :cantstop: But the interesting thing is as an overall cricketers Hafeez and Misbah are way better than Malik,Akmal and Afridi but Pakis rate the latter due to their odd match winning performances against us.
Joining the line of INdia killers. Butt' date=' Malik. Clicking against us more often than not.[/quote'] At least he has some class in his batting, yes his avg is bad but he has the talent. Malik on the other hand is a complete hack who looks good only against us out of nowhere.
still averages over 60
You need to understand the difference in fielding between FC and international sides. You've seen that Duleep Trophy match yourself where a zillion catches were dropped. I saw the Mumbai vs Bengal Ranji match recently where Mumbai dropped at least 6 catches in both innings. Ditto for the Mumbai vs Punjab match. I spoke to a kid at Nagpur who plays for the Vidharbha U-16 side. He told me that he's seen both of Jaddu's triple hundreds and he was dropped quite a few times there as well. I think when the selectors discuss scoresheets of cricketers in FC matches - other than kind of wicket, kind of opposition bowlers etc, they should also make a note of how many catches had been dropped off that cricketer. For example, if they are judging Mandeep Singh's 200 against Mumbai, they should take into account that Mandeep was dropped thrice before he reached 100, and ideally he would not have scored more than 67. These catches would be hardly dropped at the Test level.
Don't go by Saurav01's words. He also thought Yuvraj will pwn Panesar and Swann in Tests after one practice match innings where his catch was dropped. :giggle:
:whack: Yuvi pwned Swann and Patel (Monty didn't play that game) in the tour game and did the same in the first innings at Motera as well. Motera and Brabourne were both flat wickets. So, that observation was not wrong at all. I also said (go back and read all my posts in context :hitler:) that IF Yuvi can manage to grind it out (and not play silly shots), with his ability to smack the spinners, he can be quite an asset for India. I also mentioned that I hope that Yuvi will bring in that mindset when he makes this comeback. :mad:
Ashwin is probably the most under-appreciated cricketer in India right now...He has already taken 50+ wickets in a short span....his batting has been class,more often than not has been our best LOI player but still gets criticised more often than not. If a phaaast bowler or some slogger had a similar beginning to his career,he would be hailed as the best thing ever.
I agree. For someone so young he has at times taken the responsibility to lead the bowling attack (specially in LOIs) , which is really great. :hatsoff: But because of his fitness he gets a lot of flak.