Umesh Yadav - As brainless as ever

thats wht im saying ..only way he is gonna improve is rhythm is by playing matches and i disagree in australia in tests he did quite well in first test.. was bad in next one but tht was expected was brilliant in 3rd and 4th test was absolute was gain average in odis yes he was average so he is not completely all or nothing .. he actually kept on improving compare his bowling against england to wht he was bowling in tests even here do u think our any other quick bowler owuld have been decent after ball lost its shine ? ok lets do one thing give him this series if he still bowls crap then ur correct ..if he keeps on improving then maybe i have a point i wont mind playng dinda actually he is pretty good death bowler so biggie any one but vinay :P
I don't know man. It's quite frustrating to hear all this hype around a bowler who can't even bowl on the same spot 2 balls in a row and gets taken to cleaners by a tailender like Malinga :facepalm: I have seen Indian bowlers over the years and I am not expecting a Wasim Akram or Ambros. But surely if such hype is there for a bowler is it wong to at least expect a Hilfenhaus or a Nathan Bracken? The only thing I want is for an intl bowler to be consistent in his line & length by at the very least bowl 6 balls in an over on a good length spot on or around off for majority of the innings, and at the death shown enough brains to keep it full & bowl yorkers when the asking rate is around 12-14 and batsmen are going for broke. I am sorry to say I was disappointed as I had hoped he would have learnt from Aussie tour (CB series) and IPL by keeping it tight initially and maybe bowling full at the death. Don't know about you but I didn't see any improvement at all - either in his bowling or his thought process - which is a matter of concern.
I don't know man. It's quite frustrating to hear all this hype around a bowler who can't even bowl on the same spot 2 balls in a row and gets taken to cleaners by a tailender like Malinga :facepalm: I have seen Indian bowlers over the years and I am not expecting a Wasim Akram or Ambros. But surely if such hype is there for a bowler is it wong to at least expect a Hilfenhaus or a Nathan Bracken? The only thing I want is for an intl bowler to be consistent in his line & length by at the very least bowl 6 balls in an over on a good length spot on or around off for majority of the innings, and at the death shown enough brains to keep it full & bowl yorkers when the asking rate is around 12-14 and batsmen are going for broke. I am sorry to say I was disappointed as I had hoped he would have learnt from Aussie tour (CB series) and IPL by keeping it tight initially and maybe bowling full at the death. Don't know about you but I didn't see any improvement at all - either in his bowling or his thought process - which is a matter of concern.
give him new ball and will see wht he learnt form tests but just give him atleast 2 more matches then judge his progress its difficult for fast bowlers man playing after long time or jsut give him 1 more game :mad: also i think some one like aaron will be much better odi bowler then him atleast for the job he is doing now a days

His first game in new season and he needs to be dropped. Give him another game or two. Even then, there is no freaking way that India can afford to drop this rare bowling talent by our standards. People forget that he is still young at the top. He needs to be groomed. He is a the future. Make no mistake about. God forbid, he falls into that infamous list of great bowling talents who just dissipiated after showing their potential along with likes of I Pathan I Sharma Agarkar Balaji Munaf to some extent 4 of them could be brisk to quick and swing it. It is so sad for Indian cricket that all of them fell apart for various reasons. Balaji and Irfan bowled as well as any duo I have seen for India on their tour to Pakistan. We need to invest time in Yadav. I dont have much faith in Aaron.

Lol. This guys was hyped so much as if you have unearthed another styen. I do not see anything special in him. Regarding pace... He cant even hit 140 kph.:eek:
he did hit 140 instead of worrying for him you should think about your own bowlers prof. they even struggle to hit 130s
well look on the bright side guys. before this match yadav only had 2 wkts v SL in 4 matches at an avg of 113. but now he has 4 wkts v SL in 5 matches at an avg of 75.5 and an econ of 6.71. he's improving clearly.
yea definitely better than your greatest ever bowler malliga:hysterical:
Very high expectations ? He's a kid at international level with 16 odis under his belt.
+1 One thing I like about him is that he's not looking to contain - all he wants is to attack and pick up wickets. Yes it will cost a few runs but I don't remember such a bowler to play for India (Agarkar perhaps comes close?). I would keep him the way he is and he should learn. Good attacking bowlers have all had difficult and expensive starts to their careers.