Dale Steyn declares England as phoney No 1 Test side

India didn't fade. They were just exposed to high quality opposition in tough conditions for the first time in a while and duly got hammered. Interesting to note the likes of Sehwag "returned to form" in the IPL. People like him we're never out of form or past it, they were just exposed as the hacks they were.
We won a series in England as recently as 2007. When was the last time you guys won in India?
Is it an Aussie & English cricket fan forum similar to ICF?
Worse... Here Pakistani fans are welcome to opine, of course its another matter they'll have to face a barrage but they won't get banned for voicing their opinions. In CW, the moment you criticise England or Australia, you're a marked man. Most often Indian posters are branded as multi's of your's truly and handed out a ban :hysterical:
And we have won more test series than anyone else, that is why we're number 1. I don't know how I can make that any simpler. Why should we have to win in Asia anyway? We're winning more test series than anyone else. No one is claiming England are as good as WI or Aus were. You sir, are an idiot.
well, When i think of an england side, I could think of an IPL team. Only difference is, in IPL four foriegn players are allowed but in england side, there seems to be no restirctions. Not that, it has more than four. Whats funny is........when i was watching a match of ireland, English commentators were already talking of drafting an irlish player into engish side.....i was completly perplexed hearing that.... Bottomline,....English team wouldn't have been the same, if foreign players were not allowed to play.....I would be totally surprised, if this team is not in top three with all those foriegn players.... Can someone give me the list of foriegn players in english side?

Dale Steyn declares England as phoney No 1 Test side South Africa fast bowler Dale Steyn has declared that he plays for the best team in the world, no matter what the official rankings say, and described England as a phoney No. 1 Test team. Andrew Strauss and Andy Flower, who have guided England to historic heights, now face a crisis of credibility. Steyn said: "I think weÃÓe the No 1 Test team in the world. We have all our bases covered, and I donÃÕ worry about England. Now we need it on paper." England lost to the Proteas by an innings and 12 runs and the manner of the defeat makes it arguably their heaviest in history, The Sun reports. Following EnglandÃÔ 3-0 defeat against Pakistan and 1-1 draw with Sri Lanka during the winter, this was another crushing humiliation on a slow, low pitch. Since securing the top spot with a 4-0 whitewash of India last summer, England has looked hesitant, short of confidence and lacked the clinical efficiency that marked their climb to the top. The batting has regularly failed to function on the surface prepared at The Oval. British media lashes out at England for humiliating defeat to Proteas British media has lashed out at its cricketers after their team suffered a humiliating defeat innings and 12 run defeat at the hands of South Africa in the first Test. At the same time, South African cricketers like Hashim Amla and Dale Steyn came in for rich praise, whilst England stalwarts Stuart Broad and Kevin Pietersen appeared to be singled out for criticism in the home camp. Mike Selvey of The Guardian wrote that England was destroyed on Monday by "indisputably the finest fast bowler on Earth" in the form of Steyn, Sport24 reports. "Armed with the second new ball ... it was a brilliant display of merciless, destructive pace. As defeats go, this was as humiliating as they come for England. "The disappointment was Broad, who is the one bowler capable of bending his back and flogging something out of a moribund surface. He was down on pace and content to bowl within himself ... (he) did not serve his team well as a result. "England could have done with Steven FynnÃÔ extra pace and may want it at Leeds (for the second Test starting on Thursday next week). Maybe Broad rather than Tim Bresnan should look over his shoulder." In the same paper, Vic Marks said: "South AfricaÃÔ victory was as emphatic as it gets South Africa took 20 wickets in the match; England two. "On that first day, Steyn was out of sorts. We saw him in animated, angry conversation with his coaching staff, before falling down the pavilion steps on his way back to the ground. "By the fifth afternoon, Steyn could be spotted down at long-leg at the Vauxhall End, as relaxed as a picnicker. Between deliveries from the other end he would lean on the fence and chat to the spectators ... the go-to man was happy. He had delivered once again." Former Middlesex and Northern Transvaal seamer Simon Hughes, writing in the Daily Telegraph, criticized Pietersen: "In neither innings, did Pietersen bat responsibly, nor even in the nets on Saturday morning when he experimented with flip shots and extravagant lofts... he seemed to be preparing for a T20 match." http://www.indianexpress.com/news/dale-steyn-declares-england-as-phoney-no-1-test-side/979229/2

SA couldn't win against England' date=' India or Australia in their home conditions, the aint no proper #1.[/quote'] India unfortunately has surely declined after that SA series. Sa seem to be rolling over Eng away atm, so home should be cake walk. Aus is the only team left.
India unfortunately has surely declined after that SA series. Sa seem to be rolling over Eng away atm, so home should be cake walk. Aus is the only team left.
Home always looks like cake walk for saffers, but somehow they are easily finding ways to lose at home these days. Since they won away, so home should be cakewalk - this thing doesn't work for SA.