Shouldn't Dhoni also resign as test captain ?

I purposefully did not post the actual quote waiting for your reaction and as usual you made a OTT reaction. Here's what Dhoni said (note the bold) This for me is a clear cut signal that he's clearly open to anyone being a captain and does not want to cling on to the job. :hatsoff: http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia-v-india-2011/content/story/551637.html
lol thats a media statement to please everyone.did he say clear cut;"I wanna resign from captaincy taking responsibilty of this tour'?no.he just passed the buck onto the selectors
1.I cannot believe i am taking time to reply through onscreen keyboard to such stupid points' date='if you tell seniors they are rested to give chance to youngsters and [b']then go and tell media it is due to slowness of seniors.what do you expect. 3.If captain does not take final decison then there is no point in holding on.
MS Dhoni has said the team will lose out on about 20 runs in the field if all three of Sachin Tendulkar, Gautam Gambhir and Virender Sehwag are played together. When asked if, taking today's XI as base, the addition of Sehwag at the expense of either Suresh Raina or Rohit Sharma was worth 20 runs, Dhoni answered emphatically in affirmative. He said the impact another slow man on the field will make is intangible to eyes outside, but fairly clear to him.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/commonwealth-bank-series-2012/content/story/554437.html
lol thats a media statement to please everyone.did he say clear cut;"I wanna resign from captaincy taking responsibilty of this tour'?no.he just passed the buck onto the selectors
He knows very well than in absence of captaincy his position in team (Test I mean) will come under tremendous pressure. So he is not going to resign or threaten to resign from captaincy ever.
:giggle: Nothing will please you but his head in a platter, no point in even discussing with someone who thinks that Dhoni should have helped Laxman against the swinging ball! Also, he does not need to tell the media but his employers. He must have already told it. :haha:
He knows very well than in absence of captaincy his position in team (Test I mean) will come under tremendous pressure. So he is not going to resign or threaten to resign from captaincy ever.
If Gambhir can have a safe place in team even after not performing better than Dhoni in last 3 years (not 1-2 series or season), then Dhoni can also feel safe as wicket-keeper batsman.
No "tremendous pressure" at all. We haven't got a suitable replacement. Gambhir has alternatives like Rahane or Mukund but MSD has only Saha as WK and Viru as captain. He did not play the last test against Aus where Viru was the captain and the result was the same.
No "tremendous pressure" at all. We haven't got a suitable replacement. Gambhir has alternatives like Rahane or Mukund but MSD has only Saha as WK and Viru as captain. He did not play the last test against Aus where Viru was the captain and the result was the same.
mukund?nah.Results will not be worse.Anyway dhoni end is near.
Highly unlikely .If we loose a home series he will go and 3-0 in sa will also do the same.lets have a avatar bet on it.
Fair enough. I say Dhoni remains in the team till 2015 WC. Till then change your avatar to Dhoni hitting that 6 in the WC final. If Dhoni is dropped anytime I will have an avatar pic as per your choice :smiley: Deal?

Dhoni the player is different from Dhoni the captain......Why don't fanboys get it....No one disagrees with Dhoni's value he brings in as WK bat....debatable but yes I beleive he is probably the best WK/Bat in the country but as a captain he sucks....is this debatable also yes....why are we mixing these 2 topics in the same discussion?

Fair enough. I say Dhoni remains in the team till 2015 WC. Till then change your avatar to Dhoni hitting that 6 in the WC final. If Dhoni is dropped anytime I will have an avatar pic as per your choice :smiley: Deal?
If survives sa tour i will change my profile pic .
Dhoni the player is different from Dhoni the captain......Why don't fanboys get it....No one disagrees with Dhoni's value he brings in as WK bat....debatable but yes I beleive he is probably the best WK/Bat in the country but as a captain he sucks....is this debatable also yes....why are we mixing these 2 topics in the same discussion?
Dhoni as a captain has won us a WC, T20 Cup - 2 world titles when we struggled to win anything of note since 1985 (WCC), has taken us to no. 1 ranking in Tests including a drawn series in SA. i don't see how he's so poor as a captain :dontknow: Even if we decide to drop him as a captain, which shouldn't even be discussed for shorter formats, there are only 2 options for us - Gambhir and Kohli. Sehwag is not fit to be a captain. Kohli is way to young and I wouldn't make him captain right now. Gambhir can do a good job but his own form in Tests has fallen away and unless he improves he's not a certainty to be in the Test team. So either way whom do we go with as a captain if not Dhoni?