Tendulkar and Zaheer retirement discussion [Poll added]

Tendulkar and Zaheer retirement discussion [Poll added]  

1. 1.

'I don't think I have plenty of cricket left in me' Sachin-Tendulakr.jpg

Sachin Tendulkar has said that he will reassess his cricketing future in November, when he plays the home Tests against England. Tendulkar, who has previously been non-committal on questions about his retirement, also said any decision about ending a 23-year career will depend on both his form and his motivation levels. "I need not take a call right now. When I play in November, I will re-assess things," Tendulkar was quoted as saying in Times of India. "I am 39 and I don't think I have plenty of cricket left in me. But it depends on my frame of mind and my physical ability to deliver. When I feel that I am not delivering what is needed, and then I will re-look at the scheme of things. I am already 39 and no one expects me to go on playing forever." In his latest series, the home Tests against New Zealand, he was bowled in each of his three innings for low scores. Sunil Gavaskar was among those concerned by Tendulkar's poor form. "The gap between the pad and the bat is a worrying sign," Gavaskar had said. "This is never a good sign for a great batsman." Tendulkar, however, felt that it was natural for the questions to be asked. "There are two different things - scoring runs and what I feel. For instance, if this three-wicket ordeal had happened when I was 25, no one would have questioned it. Incidentally, it happened when I am 39, so questions were raised. This is natural." Tendulkar has played 190 Tests and he said he is not chasing any particular mark. India play England in a four-Test series starting November followed by another four-Test series against Australia early next year. "I am looking at it series by series. As long as I feel that I can deliver, I will continue playing. It also depends on what the team feels and whether I am motivated enough to continue being on top of the game."
http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/current/story/585627.html
Posting link of this interview with that idiot Arnab. http://www.timesnow.tv/Sachin-opens-up-on-retirement-factor/videoshow/4411906.cms Some of the questions were plain stupid like why do you think, you won't play next World cup? (this was after Sachin told that I don't think I'll play next WC)
I would love to see Sachin, Ganguly, Dravid, Zaheer given some major role to play within the bcci , these guys can probably take Indian cricket to the next level.
He has a score to settle with Ajmal He has a score to settle in OZ and England Until he is done with settling of all his scores he will continue playing
Sachin against spinners seem to really tell the tale of his age.a younger Sachin used to eat them for lunch,now he has trouble picking them.
He still has 2 yrs at the top' date=' why retire the greatest player ever for Rohit Sharma to be picked[/quote'] Nope he definitely shouldn't carry on for another 2 years. If he continues to play the way he has played in recent times, even struggling against kiwis at home, people will forget what he was at the peak. As it is it's already more than 1.5 years since he was at his best. Another 2 years will stretch this period to 3.5-4 years and that sort of time period in poor form will tarnish his legacy big time.

Kumble wants Tendulkar to continue http://www.espnstar.com/cricket/international-cricket/news/detail/item868339/Kumble-wants-Tendulkar-to-continue/

"I can't think of Indian cricket without Tendulkar and I want him to continue," Kumble said when asked about Tendulkar telling a television channel that he will re-assess his future next month as at 39 he does not have much cricket left in him. "It's a privilege to have shared Indian team dressing room for 13 years with Tendulkar. Eventually, he will have to take the call (for retirement). But this question of when to retire should be best left to him only," added Kumble after launching his sports academy TENVIC at a city school. Kumble said it's hard for any sportsperson to call it quits after playing for a long time at the highest level. "For any sportsperson it is a tough decision and it is for the individual to take the call. Tendulkar will also eventually have to take the call," said the former leg-spinner.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...I simply refuse to acknowledge even the existence of the latest article. All the way up until this point, Sachin has simply refused to even use the 'r' word when talking about his future, but this is the first time he has publicly indicated that he is thinking about hanging up his boots, which is super-scary if you're Sachin fan (like 99.9999% of us are). But here's a personalized message from a lifelong Sachin bhakt, straight to the Master - Sachin, STOP IT.. Yes, STOP IT. You're not going anywhere. We need you here. And thats not because of some explainable sentimental reasons and things like that, but because, you the batsmen, has atleast 3 years more to give to Indian cricket (Yes, I said at least, could be more.). I know that the last year and a half has been especially tough for you, with the drubbing in Eng/Aus and all the manufactured hysteria around your 100th 100 that I know for sure personally affected your batting during that time. When you finally got your 100, I know it felt like releasing the steam from a turbine, but here's your opportunity to hit the reset button and make a fresh start. Dont pay too much attention to all those idiots who say that being bowled 3 times against NZ is the surest sign that your time is coming to an end. They dont know what they're talking about. We have seen you struggle before, even badly. Remember the tennis elbow days? Those were even worse dude. And then in 2009, 20 years after your debut, I saw you play some of your best cricket against NZ. Dont pay too much attention to these silly media types. Do you what you always do - Bat like a Master! :two_thumbs_up:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...I simply refuse to acknowledge even the existence of the latest article.
This is a TV interview, not an article.
We have seen you struggle before, even badly. Remember the tennis elbow days? Those were even worse dude.
No. This is his worst phase. 13 tests, 25 innings, averaging 35.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...I simply refuse to acknowledge even the existence of the latest article. All the way up until this point, Sachin has simply refused to even use the 'r' word when talking about his future, but this is the first time he has publicly indicated that he is thinking about hanging up his boots, which is super-scary if you're Sachin fan (like 99.9999% of us are). But here's a personalized message from a lifelong Sachin bhakt, straight to the Master - Sachin, STOP IT.. Yes, STOP IT. You're not going anywhere. We need you here. And thats not because of some explainable sentimental reasons and things like that, but because, you the batsmen, has atleast 3 years more to give to Indian cricket (Yes, I said at least, could be more.). I know that the last year and a half has been especially tough for you, with the drubbing in Eng/Aus and all the manufactured hysteria around your 100th 100 that I know for sure personally affected your batting during that time. When you finally got your 100, I know it felt like releasing the steam from a turbine, but here's your opportunity to hit the reset button and make a fresh start. Dont pay too much attention to all those idiots who say that being bowled 3 times against NZ is the surest sign that your time is coming to an end. They dont know what they're talking about. We have seen you struggle before, even badly. Remember the tennis elbow days? Those were even worse dude. And then in 2009, 20 years after your debut, I saw you play some of your best cricket against NZ. Dont pay too much attention to these silly media types. Do you what you always do - Bat like a Master! :two_thumbs_up:
this.