Ishant Sharma The Fast Bowler Watch Thread

CG

To early to give him his test spot in the 11 back. Needs to play 3-4 more FC matches and [pick more wickets before coming to the test side maybe for the 3rd or 4th test vs England towards middle of December.
He does have 3-4 FC matches if NZ keeps advancing in Duleep trophy and one Ranji before the test starts. I suppose it'll be perfect preparation for him. Nor North vs Central, let us see who bowls better, Umesh or Ishant!

Ishant Sharma might comeback and bowl the best he has ever done, good signs are he is fit, rhythm is good, he now clearly bowls the out swinger and with consistency and bowling in 140 s back again he will pick up wickets. Clearly Zaheer , Umesh, Aaron, Ishant, Shami should he in every test squad India picks up from now on, they should be groomed, taken care of, Dawes and Fletcher need to teach them how to hunt in pairs, all of them are young and will be forming the fast bowling quartet for India and Zaheer can be mentor and strategist,they also need to play more Domestic and County to bring out the best, keep them away from too many odi or t20's.

Ishant might a shot over Umesh against England if he is picked. Yadav might need to get his bowling tactics straight. You can't always attack in Test cricket. You need to have a plan, over a plan.
If spinners do most of the bowling then Ishant can be good option as economical bowler. He will be able to maintain pressure. But if spinners face tough time any day or any session, then we would wish to have a wicket-taker and not an unlucky economical pacer.
If spinners do most of the bowling then Ishant can be good option as economical bowler. He will be able to maintain pressure. But if spinners face tough time any day or any session' date=' then he we would wish to have a wicket-taker and not an unlucky economical pacer.[/quote'] Good point. Pacers need to look to attack with the new ball but support the spinners later on (in SC). Umesh did well with the new ball in the 2nd Innings at B'lore. He chipped away 2 quick wickets and the spinners did rest of the job.
150812.2.jpg I am mentally stronger now - Ishant Sharma http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/story/586235.html
India fast bowler Ishant Sharma has described his time away from the national team as the worst phase of his life, but the experience has made him mentally stronger and hungrier to make a full-fledged comeback. Ishant, who underwent an ankle surgery earlier this year, was in the Test squad for the home series against New Zealand in August but didn't get a game. Ishant last played for India in the Australia Tests but had to skip the IPL this year for the sake of the surgery. He began the domestic season with three wickets for Rest of India in the Irani Cup, and separate hauls of 4 for 29 in the Challenger Trophy and Duleep Trophy quarter-final. "I think I am mentally and physically much stronger now after having gone through the worst phase of my life," Ishant said after helping North Zone to the semi-final in the Duleep Trophy against West Zone. "Nobody asked me where I was (when out of the team). In a way, it's good that it (injury) happened to me. But my family and friends have been very supportive." He said he had no regrets over missing the IPL for the sake of his fitness. Last year, Virender Sehwag risked playing the IPL despite an injured shoulder. He decided to get a surgery done midway through the tournament but it meant that he had to miss the West Indies tour and part of the England Tests that followed. Ishant, who missed the short tour of Sri Lanka in July, had been training in Bangalore to work himself back to fitness before the start of this season. "I gave it a lot of thought [undergoing the ankle surgery] before going ahead with it. Missing the IPL was my decision and I don't have any complaints," Ishant said. "The fact that I had time for myself helped. As part of my rehabilitation, I was in the NCA (National Cricket Academy) for three months, training from 10AM to 5PM. I worked on my body and gained strength. There were several long and tough sessions but I guess hard work pays off." He said he had worked on his outswinger. "I still continue to bowl with the same kind of intensity. Bowling a lot in the nets has helped. I have also learnt to bowl the outswinger," he said. "It was Joe Dawes (India bowling coach) who taught me the outswinger during the New Zealand series recently. Eric Simmons (Dawes' predecessor) was also very helpful." India's next international assignment is the home Test series against England starting November 15. Ishant hoped that his good start to the season would help him reclaim his place in the Test line-up, which includes first-choice seamers Zaheer Khan and Umesh Yadav.
Call him what you may but this guys commitment never ceases to impress me.
150812.2.jpg I am mentally stronger now - Ishant Sharma http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/story/586235.html Call him what you may but this guys commitment never ceases to impress me.
so joe davis this guy knows his stuff? did well with awana in ipl also ishant has always been a hardworker.. and thats why when he says i was unlucky it makes me :wall: cos if he works on his problems he can easily be such a good bowler :((
taught him outswinger?hope it doesnt mess up his bowling action n he loses what he has' date='he has enough skills,needs to work on his line n length n consistency[/quote'] He has to come a bit close to the stumps like Finn (:giggle:) to have an effective outswinger assuming he knows how to bowl one.
He has to come a bit close to the stumps like Finn (:giggle:) to have an effective outswinger assuming he knows how to bowl one.
yeah,I'd rather he concentrates on his inswinger n bowls decent line n length to make use of his of his pace n height. if he kicks stumps like Finn,Ibet he'll fall before the bails:giggle:
I don't know about that' date=' the batting has really gone South. At present, the 2 batsman i have most faith in are Pujara and Kohli (just talking about tests here).[/quote'] thts why i said decent but 2 young ones showed they belong here in test cricket..only our openers are big worry and if gambhir fails i think rahane will come in still batting wise inyear or two we will do fine bowling is hardly test class:((
He has to come a bit close to the stumps like Finn (:giggle:) to have an effective outswinger assuming he knows how to bowl one.
No - for bowlers who bowl wide of the crease the ball straightening is enough. Not all successful bowlers in the history of cricket bowled an out swinger from close to the stumps. 8xGfIZJVxP8&t=96s
No - for bowlers who bowl wide of the crease the ball straightening is enough. Not all successful bowlers in the history of cricket bowled an out swinger from close to the stumps. 8xGfIZJVxP8&t=96s
Walsh was remotely a swing bowler. He was a seam bowler. Balls would deck off the seam. In a way Ishant's lengths are similar to walsh's length except Walsh's deliveries had little more oomph in it.
Walsh was remotely a swing bowler. He was a seam bowler. Balls would deck off the seam. In a way Ishant's lengths are similar to walsh's length except Walsh's deliveries had little more oomph in it.
Ishant Sharma is also a mixed bag of swing and seam - I am not sure if I can categorize him as one or the other. Irrespective of what kind of bowlers they were - my point is that it is not a MUST for a bowler to bowl close to the stumps to have an effective out swinger. If the ball straightens from that angle the batsmen are gone for all money. Makhaya Ntini is another bowler I can remember albeit with more pace.