Operation Blue Star general stabbed in London

1983-2011

I know alot of people who think goa would be better off if portugal were still in charge or if goa was independent. they always say their wouldnt be this much corruption or filth ect. Im guessing this is how the khalistanis probably feel. But thankfully sikhs are rational to understand that it would be better to change india rather then pointless violence. Infact people in general dont rebel because it shows a sense of reckless suicidal instints that most people dont have. Thats why indians have been occupied for so long in our history.
Not many believe that we would be better off under the Portuguese, it's just that looking at the sad state of affairs in Goa today comparisons are inevitable. And that's where it ends.

Operation Blue Star stopped the worst terrorism in Indian history. End of story, end of discussion. Keep yapping though :finger:
Shame you are not consistent and such a hypocrite. As as soon as it comes to your muslim brothers from pak or kashmir. You suddenly turn from this right wing hawk in to a flower powered liberal, demanding their right be heard, stating the injustices against them and how we need to bend over and get shafted by them in mass appeasment, putting their wants ahead of Indias. As soon as a muslim is invloved the tune changes.

Khalistan is dead. Punjab is prosperous. The chewtiyas militants are either dead or have ran away to Canada or Britain. Which is why folks like Brars are considered a hero by Indians. He has paid the penalty of being a great soldier for India. We celebrate him. Not your fault you do not understand this :haha:
Well celebrate great indian fighting those rebellious muslims, kashmiris and those who fought pak and won. Then your hypocricy is shown as you cry over any action taken against the ultimate rebels. your islamic brothers. DOUBLE STANDARDS!!!

Lurker is a Muslim from Bihar? Lol. Never seen one so 'pro India' as him. Maybe he was a rickshaw wala who got treated bad in Punjab.
Don't know about the Muslim part. He lives in the US but takes potshots at NRI's who moved to the West for better work/lifestyle opportunities. Hypocrite of highest order, won't shut up about Bihar but takes endless jabs at other NRI's whilst he himself hides somewhere in Arizona.

Sikhs did not kill anywhere near the amount of Hindus than Hindus killed Sikhs. There was no massacre like there was in Delhi. Yes you're right Sikhs should not be too patriotic, we did too much for the Indian Independence struggle especially given our tiny population in India. But still are not considered a separate religion by the state(still have to get married under the Hindu marriage act) You won't ever hear me shout Bharat Mata Ki. But I support the cricket team and other Indians because I like the people and consider them similar to me.
Sikhs do not have to get married under the Hindu Marriage Act anymore. The Anand Karaj Marraige Act was amended earlier this year and Sikhs can now register their marriages under this act. http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-05-23/india/31826116_1_anand-marriage-act-sikh-organizations-avtar-singh-makkar My best friend is Sikh, and she was telling me how some distant relative of hers' had his visa to the US rejected because his marriage certificate stated that he was a Hindu and the passport said that he was Sikh. It was apparently, all confusing for the Americans at the embassy granting the visas to understand and they just rejected his application. Hopefully this amendment will reduce such cases in the future. Article 25 also permits Sikhs ( and Sikhs only) carry a kirpan on their person. I.e it is legal for them to carry a Kirpan with them at all times. In that way the Article does segregate between Sikhs and Hindus/Buddhists/Jains. The Census also records Sikhs as a separate religious group. However, Article 25 of the Indian constitution does not count Sikhs as a separate religious group. But that too, would be amended in the near future. The Jains have been recognized as a separate religious group some years ago. The issue never was of identity. The issue here was delayed (or denied) justice.

you cant blame the sikhs for being angry when the government has failed to provide reparations to the victims, failed to prosecute the killers, failed to even issue an apology. although i wouldn't say this is discriminatory as india's farcical justice system screws everyone equally. even the bhopal victims are still seeking compensation as are millions of other people of different ethnicity, religious backgrounds, etc. this is why india is, and will continue to be a third world scrap-heap.

From what I recall reading' date=' the main reason they couldn't delay or wait even one day was that there was danger of pakistan openly helping by opening the Amritsar border.[/quote'] Was lurking here earlier, couldn't log in my India-KXIP account (realised it was banned) but I wanted to make a post itt so i made this one. Anyway I reckon with a 1 or 2 day delay Pakistan would not have gathered many men. It takes time to move an army, if they were to just come into Indian territory like that they would have needed a large force not just the few on the border. And it would have been seen as an invasion by India. Unlike Kargil where they said they were some random terrorists. Pakistan openly starting a fight wouldn't happen in mainland India. When it goes further than the border a war never ends on borders it would have ended with full scale war which no one would risk especially since both were nuclear powers by 1984. Also probability of other superpowers getting involved. But whatever the case you could spend more money moving more troops into the region for security and laying siege outside the temple but betraying your own citizens is just a disgrace. Many felt betrayed by their own government. They came for worship on an important day on Sikh calender but saw bodies flowing in the sarover and lost family members. Most neutrals outside India I reckon would agree Bhindranwale could have been killed without civilians dying and the excuse for it is not really that good. Khalistan would just set Punjab back economically being seperated from India and in many other ways. Would lead to more wars and hate as well. The Sikh riots where about 10000 Sikhs were killed (many in the most brutal and inhumane ways) was also a disgrace. Makes me angry and sad at the same time, killers need to be hanged. But I understand there are hateful people everywhere and biased media coverage can easily provoke them. While there was a media blackout in Punjab much of other Indian media was biased at that time. So the Congress government is to blame. For betraying citizens and turning some citizens against others. Everyone in Gandhi family is a politician regardless of their abilities in the profession. So if they force family members to become politicians then they probably also make them biased when it comes to religions. I cant believe Congress are still the government of India after what they have done, BJP is a better choice although not perfect.

you cant blame the sikhs for being angry when the government has failed to provide reparations to the victims' date=' failed to prosecute the killers, failed to even issue an apology. although i wouldn't say this is discriminatory as india's farcical justice system screws everyone equally. even the bhopal victims are still seeking compensation as are millions of other people of different ethnicity, religious backgrounds, etc. this is why india is, and will continue to be a third world scrap-heap.[/quote'] +1 A lot of people in India have a reason to be really angry irrespective of religion.

you cant blame the sikhs for being angry when the government has failed to provide reparations to the victims' date=' failed to prosecute the killers, failed to even issue an apology. although i wouldn't say this is discriminatory as india's farcical justice system screws everyone equally. even the bhopal victims are still seeking compensation as are millions of other people of different ethnicity, religious backgrounds, etc. this is why india is, and will continue to be a third world scrap-heap.[/quote'] Sadly true. So many people/groups suffers injstices. Unless of course you are rich and wealthy.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/SGPC-honours-kin-of-former-Army-chief-Gen-AS-Vaidyas-killers/articleshow/16754525.cms Opening of old wounds, Khalistani Kanedians will be thrilled though.
SGPC honours kin of former Army chief Gen AS Vaidya's killers AMRITSAR: The Shiromani Akali Dal (Badal) backed Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC) are observing 'martyrdom' anniversary of Harjinder Singh Jinda and Sukhdev Singh Sukha, assassins of former Army chief Arun Shridhar Vaidya who was the architect of Operation Bluestar. Gen Vaidya was assassinated by the two on August 10, 1986. They were later captured, tried and sentenced to death. Their execution was carried out on October 9, 1992 in Pune jail.
Sikh's supreme temporal seat Akal Takht's former jathedar Giani Puran Singh had declared Jinda and Sukha as 'national martyrs' in 1999. The SGPC has also marked death anniversary of Jinda and Sukha along with the assassins of late Prime Minister Indira Gandhi in its calendar.
General Secretary, SGPC, Sukhdev Singh Bhaur justified the move and said that Sukha and Jinda were declared 'national martyrs by Akal Takht and the SGPC was only complying with its directions. In reply to a question whether observing anniversaries of terrorists wouldn't fan the anti-national sentiments he said, "Sikhs sentiments are deeply hurt that none of the perpetrators of the 1984 anti-Sikh riots have been punished so far."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/SGPC-honours-kin-of-former-Army-chief-Gen-AS-Vaidyas-killers/articleshow/16754525.cms Opening of old wounds, Khalistani Kanedians will be thrilled though. General Secretary, SGPC, Sukhdev Singh Bhaur justified the move and said that Sukha and Jinda were declared 'national martyrs by Akal Takht and the SGPC was only complying with its directions. In reply to a question whether observing anniversaries of terrorists wouldn't fan the anti-national sentiments he said, "Sikhs sentiments are deeply hurt that none of the perpetrators of the 1984 anti-Sikh riots have been punished so far."
They are confusing two different issues. I understand that Indian Government has failed them by not providing justice for 1984 massacres, but what I don't understand is how celebration of murders and terrorists help in that. This is unnecessary stirring of wounds.

Very simple...bring all those murderers & terrorists of anti-sikh riots to justice....and then question the celebration of Sukha & Jinda....as martyrs :icflove:
No.. These are two different issues. You should not be celebrating one set of murderes because other set of murders are roaming around freely.

Very simple...bring all those murderers & terrorists of anti-sikh riots to justice....and then question the celebration of Sukha & Jinda....as martyrs :icflove:
Under_Score paaji, one set of wrong actions doesn't cancel out the other. All those mobsters are criminals, including the senior leaders who instigated them. But that doesn't make Sukha and the their ilk any less terrorists. Would you also then say that Muslims in Mumbai can celebrate the various terrorists who have attacked this city as martyrs, till the perpetrators ( and leaders) of the 92-93 riots are brought to justice?