Ranji Trophy 2012-13

Chandan

Looks like the only changes were Gony coming in for Kaul the bowler and Yuvraj in for some batsman.
well some time u jsut lose momentum at wrong time good thing is sandeep still did well ..mandeep has been biggest disappointment this year yes he score 200 in last game but he was dropped several times! also if u can find it see his batting in nz tour i think he needs to improve his front foot game..otherwise he is another ftb in making
I think I read somewhere that he was rested for this match because of the schedule and Sandeep would be rested in the next match since they've already qualified.
that is good. Most other teams dont have the luxury to rest their key bowlers in this hectic schedule.
that is good. Most other teams dont have the luxury to rest their key bowlers in this hectic schedule.
Not so much a quarrel with your post but resting bowlers should never be seen as a luxury but rather a long term investment. Unless someone truly excels in the level and it is a crucial match, I am keen to never play a bowler who is less than totally fit.

Zaheer boost for struggling Mumbai

MUMBAI: Fourteen points from six games is unusual for 39-time Ranji Trophy champions Mumbai, but the Ajit Agarkar-led side have themselves to blame for this mess. Mumbai desperately need an outright victory to pull themselves out of the mid-table scramble. To achieve their objective, they have pinned their hopes on left-arm-seamer Zaheer Khan, who was dropped from the squad against England in the fourth Test and opted out of the T20s against England. Zaheer will join the Mumbai squad for the clash against Madhya Pradesh at Indore from December 22 to 25. All eyes will be on Zak as he hopes to make a comeback for the ODI series against Pakistan and England. Squad: Wasim Jaffer, Kaustubh Pawar, Hiken Shah, Suryakumar Yadav, Abhishek Nayar, Aditya Tare, Ajit Agarkar, Zaheer Khan, Iqbal Abdullah, Nikhil Patil (Jr), Javed Khan, Dhaval Kulkarni, Sufiyan Shaikh, Ankit Chavan, Vishal Dabholkar.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/domestic-cricket/ranji-trophy/Zaheer-boost-for-struggling-Mumbai/articleshow/17686390.cms
Not so much a quarrel with your post but resting bowlers should never be seen as a luxury but rather a long term investment. Unless someone truly excels in the level and it is a crucial match' date=' I am keen to never play a bowler who is less than totally fit.[/quote'] What I meant was I would like to give a break to my key bowler in this tiring schedule to keep him fresh. Obviously, I wont risk playing a half-fit bowler. Only Punjab is sure to knockouts till now so they can afford them to rest right now, but not others as most bowlers have played 6-7 games in last one and a half months.

^ Wow, I'm partially agreeing with this guy. He didn't do much in the recent games. The only kick@$$ bowler we've had in years, lets just see if there's anything close to a final hurrah from him. If not, so be it. Should be remembered as our MVP in terms of our short term test #1 reign & the WC victory.

Nope. Only Ankeet Chavan and Abhishek Nayar gets wickets for Mumbai. :giggle: Would be still sad to see a promising young bowler dropped just because an old warhorse has come back.
not in case of zack...he is class imo will benefit batsmen who will face him they can learn how international bowler operates even if he is not at best agarkar should sit out but tht wont happen