What happened to Himesh Reshammiya

Ranvir

AFAIK Himesh decided to compose and sing for his own films only. He even said no to Salman Knhan, who played an instrumental role in Himesh's career and whom Himesh respects a lot. I totally agree with that. Sanu rules in a period when there were not too many good singers. Udit Narayan's entry was the beginning of his end. Then other decent singers emerged and Sanu almost disappeared. The composers and producers were all sick of Sanu's arrogance and antics and were just waiting for better replacements. The moment they found some decent singers, they kicked Sanu out. If fact the song could have been much better with another singer.
DK second part of your post is simply not true. Udit was already a hit when Sanu entered the industry with Qayamat se QT. He was getting big banner films during Sanu's peak like Beta, Jo Jeeta WS and Darr. Abhijeet and Amit Kumar were there too. Sanu simply blew everyone away. Despite his limitations he gave hit after hit for 7/8 years. It was his decision to try acting in a Bengali film that created a vacuum for likes of Udit and Sonu to get more songs. Sanu was arrogant and that played a role in his downfall. His comments about AR Rahman did not help him either. Nadeem fleeing the country after Gulshan Kumar murder charges was another factor for his decline. But fact remains that Sanu was the best singer of 90s. He features heavily in 7 out of 10 best selling music albums of all time. He was the only singer who use to feature on posters promoting films.

About 5-6 years ago every other Bollywood song was sung by him. Now you don't hear anything from him at all. Has he given up on singing altogether and stuck to producing?
Was at a dandiya event two nights ago, and to my surprise horror, on reaching the venue I found out that he was invited as the chief guest/performer for the event. Fortunately for the revelers, he didn't sing. Not even sure if he was present at the venue.
Did people get fed up of him or what? I thought he had a unique sound and had some good songs but he did oversaturate the industry with releasing far too many songs in a short space of time.
Fed up? Not quite. He wasn't really that popular ever. Its only the Gujjus who liked him. But then again they like Modi too. Them Gujjus be strange. :P I agree with you on his unique sound. Haven't seen any contemporary artist who can mimic a hybrid between a donkey and a hyenna to such perfection.

Decent music director during his pre Ashiq banaya aap ne days. Horrible singer and should never sing again. Real question is where are Kumar Sanu and Udit Narayan? Sanu ruled 90s with chartbusters. Udit was a class act and should still be singing.
++ My favouite male playback singer. Loved him in DDLJ, Karan Arjun, Yes Boss, Saajan and Ghulam.

Was at a dandiya event two nights ago' date=' and to my [s']surprise horror, on reaching the venue I found out that he was invited as the chief guest/performer for the event. Fortunately for the revelers, he didn't sing. Not even sure if he was present at the venue. Fed up? Not quite. He wasn't really that popular ever. Its only the Gujjus who liked him. But then again they like Modi too. Them Gujjus be strange. :P I agree with you on his unique sound. Haven't seen any contemporary artist who can mimic a hybrid between a donkey and a hyenna to such perfection.
Pardon me,but aren't you Gujju?

Himesh was a good singer...the first singer who did not care about pleasing the critics ..yes..he had a nasal twang..so did mukesh...and it was no an accident that all of his initial albums were superhit...he was smart..he repeated catchy phrases in his songs that no one could escape from them..he dedicated his first movie to auto-rikshawalas ..just like his song which was popular with the downtrodden masses who are looked down upon by the multiplex going crowds...but he could not withstand the onslaught of propaganda against him..and now is out of the scene...his only crime was that he did not make music nor seek the consent of the snobbish multiplex goers..and made music for those who drive our trucks and autos..the common man..

Was at a dandiya event two nights ago' date=' and to my [s']surprise horror, on reaching the venue I found out that he was invited as the chief guest/performer for the event. Fortunately for the revelers, he didn't sing. Not even sure if he was present at the venue. Fed up? Not quite. He wasn't really that popular ever. Its only the Gujjus who liked him. But then again they like Modi too. Them Gujjus be strange. :P I agree with you on his unique sound. Haven't seen any contemporary artist who can mimic a hybrid between a donkey and a hyenna to such perfection.
:hysterical::hysterical:

Himesh was a good singer...the first singer who did not care about pleasing the critics ..yes..he had a nasal twang..so did mukesh...and it was no an accident that all of his initial albums were superhit...he was smart..he repeated catchy phrases in his songs that no one could escape from them..he dedicated his first movie to auto-rikshawalas ..just like his song which was popular with the downtrodden masses who are looked down upon by the multiplex going crowds...but he could not withstand the onslaught of propaganda against him..and now is out of the scene...his only crime was that he did not make music nor seek the consent of the snobbish multiplex goers..and made music for those who drive our trucks and autos..the common man..
Lol he stopped taking on projects as he wanted to act more and got owned. This has nothing to do with rich vs poor. I used to listen to his most songs and I don't think I'm poor

He just did what he wanted or what every kid wants to do. To be an actor, thus he followed his heart and "attempted" that field. Cannot blame him, especially if you have the money/power. Unfortunately for him, it did not work out so then he had to come back as a musician. And there is no question that he has the quality in the music field rather than the acting field. Therefore, he did what everyone wants to do and hard to question him on that manner.