Micheal Clarke impressive as a captain.

putrevus

I tried to visualize that if i were a captain when i would declare. 1.5 days to go. 40 plus degree temperature. Is it enough, or more.. i would have struggled to make a decision on when to declare. This guy declares just like that backing his bowlers. I know he got fidgety and edgy by lunch on 5th day. Still you need a bit of self-beiief to declare with a risk of not winning the match.

Best captain in the world. I know Dhoni funboyz have a hard time digesting it. But you have to suck it up
I am no dhoni fan. I have criticized when he was poor. Would you call a captain best if he calls he own team mates as cancerous. clarke is more of a dictator he is not a team man. I am pretty sure he had big role in homework gate and Arthur was the scapegoat.
Best captain in the world. I know Dhoni funboyz have a hard time digesting it. But you have to suck it up
But you cannot compare it and put him down. After all Dhoni beat Clarkey's XI 4-0. Dhoni is a good skipper when spinners start coming into play. When spinners have to take the back seat then he runs out of ideas.
I tried to visualize that if i were a captain when i would declare. 1.5 days to go. 40 plus degree temperature. Is it enough' date=' or more.. i would have struggled to make a decision on when to declare. This guy declares just like that backing his bowlers. I know he got fidgety and edgy by lunch on 5th day. Still you need a bit of self-beiief to declare with a risk of not winning the match.[/quote'] Where I lost total faith in Dhoni was after Mohali test earlier this year where he was saying he did not want to take risks at 100/3 or something chasing 130 odd to win that test. His statement after the match was India had everything to lose.
But you cannot compare it and put him down. After all Dhoni beat Clarkey's XI 4-0. Dhoni is a good skipper when spinners start coming into play. When spinners have to take the back seat then he runs out of ideas.
Nobody is putting anybody down. But tactically this guy is best captain and has done massive job with his resources to hammer England. I wouldn't put Dhoni anywhere near Clarke as a test captain. In ODIs, Dhoni has to be one of the ATGs.
Also' date=' I think he has found right support staff. Lehmann has brought back the hard nosed Aussie culture. It is when they are best. When they are attacking. Clarke is very nice guy. But he has understood that Aussie team has to be certain way.[/quote'] We have a washed up samosa man Fletcher who doesn't look like bringing fresh ideas. If his hands are tied up as they say, why have him at all . Just get some Indian coach.
We have a washed up samosa man Fletcher who doesn't look like bringing fresh ideas. If his hands are tied up as they say' date=' why have him at all . Just get some Indian coach.[/quote'] Lol that is sad but true. Fletcher was washed up 4-5 years ago as Eng had discovered and cast him out. As Jarrod Kimber said of Fletcher when was appointed that he was the wrong coach at the wrong time for India and he has been proven right. Fletcher has been utterly useless. Has to be the most overpaid coach in world sport.