Delhi Gangrape | Four accused sentenced to death

Tiger80

Also read somewhere....mother of one of the accused begged for a second chance...2nd chance? Are feckin kidding me? This is no petty larceny ...what is up with these mothers defending these bastards? The photo journalist rape case had a similar scenario. Mother protecting one of the rapists knowing fully well what he has done.
That is how parents behave, especially if the criminal is their only progeny. Objectivity, impartiality, pronouncement of justice are burdens to be carried by the courts and not by the parents. Parents are not expected to turn blind just because the kid is guilty. The son should be ashamed to have put his mother in such a situation.

I am not sure I fully agree with that. The verdict should be based purely on the individual merits/demerits of the case. Judicial verdicts are not meant to act as warning shots to the society. If I committed a crime, I should be judged purely of existing law and previous precedent. .
New precedence are always a need of the time.

^ New precedence is needed when the case in hand is unique or has such unique elements for which referring past cases would not be enough. Or if the existing laws are archaic and not compatible with the present times. That's not the case here. Though I do believe the sentencing was correct, the judge could have worded his verdict better.

>>>>Let's see if they can stop rapes in Delhi with this verdict.Why don't people first control their daughters?,â€says Defence lawyer AP Singh. I'd burn my daughter alive if she was having pre-marital sex,roaming around with her boyfriend at night, Def lawyer AP Singh #JusticeForJyoti One can only imagine how women are treated in this bastard's house.
he had also said this..
AP Singh, lawyer for convicts Vinay Sharma and Akshay Thakur, had invoked Gandhi when arguing in their defence earlier, saying: “God gives life and he alone can take it, not man-made courts.â€
wat a douchebag.. judge doesnt have the right to give capital punishment for the criminals.. but he can burn his daughter.. the bar council should revoke his license..

That is how parents behave' date=' especially if the criminal is their only progeny. Objectivity, impartiality, pronouncement of justice are burdens to be carried by the courts and not by the parents. Parents are not expected to turn blind just because the kid is guilty. The son should be ashamed to have put his mother in such a situation.[/quote'] the parents should be ashamed to have such a son and throw him out of their life if they have any dignity..

he had also said this.. wat a douchebag.. judge doesnt have the right to give capital punishment for the criminals.. but he can burn his daughter.. the bar council should revoke his license..
Can't believe this moron got away with such a pathetic argument. It is worse than what you find in public forums on the internet where anything goes

Sorry to say this but if our judiciary has such arsehole's as defense lawyers,Then it doesn't surprised me one bit about the rape culture emerging in this country ,not to forget he stands firm on his point,saying that he believes what he said is correct.

he had also said this.. wat a douchebag.. judge doesnt have the right to give capital punishment for the criminals.. but he can burn his daughter.. the bar council should revoke his license..
Can't believe this moron got away with such a pathetic argument. It is worse than what you find in public forums on the internet where anything goes
BAR can act since against the defense lawyer since professional standard requires "respect towards the court". It may lead to revoking his license.

How common are death sentences in India and how long before they are carried out? Is it likely that this will be dragged out over 5/6 years or even longer with appeals and further appeals etc? In fact if they appeal now, will it go to the supreme court or a court a level below?

How common are death sentences in India and how long before they are carried out? Is it likely that this will be dragged out over 5/6 years or even longer with appeals and further appeals etc? In fact if they appeal now, will it go to the supreme court or a court a level below?
Will go to High court ,followed by Supreme court ,followed by appeal to the President. Will take atleast 5-6 years .

^ On top of that SC has put of some kind of stay on executions in India. There were couple of executions those were set to take place in last few months, but they were stayed. One for the person who has been convicted for Beant singh's murder and other for Veerappan's aide who was involved in killing of 23 policemen through a landmine blast.