The Congress Thread: Tracking India's Grand Old Party

jairamesh

Poverty is just a state of mind' date= says Rahul Gandhi http://www.firstpost.com/politics/poverty-is-just-a-state-of-mind-says-rahul-gandhi-1012295.html is it just me or has Rahul Gandhi actually become dumber (if that was even possible) since he was made the Cong Vice Prez :hmmm: Its like his statements are made specifically to damage the Cong campaign in the Urban areas (where these statements actually become news).
India is going down the drain. Rest assured.

Faking News: Self-confidence line to replace Poverty line
New Delhi. After Rahul Gandhi revealed that poverty was just a state of mind and self-confidence was needed to eradicate poverty, government has decided to do away with the poverty line and replace it with self-confidence line. Self-confidence line would measure the confidence a person has through various stages of life over a period of 3 months before concluding whether the person is poor or not. rahul_g-300x257.jpgRahul Gandhi showing the amount of confidence needed daily to overcome poverty “People criticized us when we came up with poverty definitions, such as 32 rupees per day. Raj Babbar too was criticized when he explained how a person could easily survive even at 12 rupees per day. I think now we have the best possible definition of poverty,” Planning Commission’s Montek Singh Ahluwalia told Faking News. “The other day I saw a beggar who threw away a 50-paisa coin that I gave him! What self-confidence. I also came to know that he was minting at least 50 rupees per day. People would laugh if I claimed that he was not poor, but thanks to this confidence criterion, I can safely say that he was bloody rich fellow!” he added. “What poor people need is not money but confidence building classes that can help them sail through periods of hunger, illness, insecurity, etc. They need to forget about petty things like roti, kapda, and makaan, and instead focus their energies in discovering the confidence within them,” said a leading management guru endorsing the new definition of poverty. “They need to straightway jump to the top level of Maslow’s hierarchy of needs,” the management guru explained. “Look at KRK, he has absolutely nothing. But look the kind of self-confidence he has! It is his confidence that makes him believe that he as bungalows, offices, businesses, and girlfriends across the globe. He’s prime example of how self-confidence can eradicate all kinds of poverty,” explained a Congress party leader. Sources confirm that a massive scheme involving personality-building training will be launched soon. Billions of rupees have been budgeted for the scheme for which tenders will be out soon. “It will surely remove my poverty,” said a contractor who had recently lost his contract for Mid-Day Meal scheme.

How can he be so out of touch with the realities of the country?Talking about Arun Nehru's super expensive treatment when talking about poverty. Dumbo!

People named Pappu Kuthiravattam Pappu (1936-2000), Indian comedian in Malayalam-language films Pappu Venugopala Rao (b. 1948), Indian educationist and musicologist from Andhra Pradesh Pappu Kalani (b. 1951), Indian criminal-turned-politician from Mahrashtra Pappu Yadav (b. 1960s), Indian politician from Bihar Naveen Patnaik (born on October 16, 1946, is an Indian politician and Chief Minister of Odisha, Rahul Gandhi aka Raul Vinci[5] ( born 19 June 1970 ), Indian Politician and Vice President,Indian National Congress http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pappu

"If India is computer, Congress is its default programme," Rahul Gandhi told a Congress workshop on social media on Thursday. Addressing odd-300 participants from various states, NSUI and Youth Congress members, the Congress vice president said the party captures the essence of the nation. At a time when BJP's key face Narendra Modi is aggressively attacking Congress and the UPA, Rahul advised partymen for restraint saying the country does not appreciate anger and aggression. He asked the party's media managers to stick to facts and decency of language while countering the Opposition propaganda. "If India is computer, its default programme is Congress. Congress comes natural to India's ethos. Here anger and aggression are not appreciated," a party source quoted Rahul as saying. During his 20-minute-long interaction with media chiefs of the states, he asked them "not to remain silent" and counter "with content" the Opposition propaganda and ensure that the party's response on an issue is uniform from district level to the AICC. AICC communication department chief Ajay Maken exhorted party leaders to connect to "Khidkee", the social media platform of the Congress. Citing a recent post, he put out at Khidkee regarding the hoarding of onions in the BJP-ruled Madhya Pradesh, he said that the state leaders of Congress could have also done that and then the issue could have caught up national attention much earlier