Deodhar Trophy 2012-13

he will be in team soon.. almost got into t20 side (was in squad ) this shows selectors have him on radar and icl is forgotten
yeah, me thinks he's pretty close. I don't think ICL is a factor anymore. I mean all these players have been playing Ranji, IPL, and Rayudu has even been on A tours. Consistent performances over a couple of seasons and then A tours will bring batsmen into the selector's radar.
yeah' date=' me thinks he's pretty close. I don't think ICL is a factor anymore. I mean all these players have been playing Ranji, IPL, and Rayudu has even been on A tours. Consistent performances over a couple of seasons and then A tours will bring batsmen into the selector's radar.[/quote'] yeah..also he looks classy :--D u just know will do good job..he seems like he has to make it at test level actually he will do well in odis too as a finisher.. and if we want to defend world cup we need pujara and maybe some other guys who have good technique in odi side as its in australia :fear:
Ojha should replace Bhajji and Rasool should replace Jadeja that ways Dhoni's wet dream of playing two off spinners and an all rounder is fulfilled as well.
Indeed.. someone who has taken 14 wickets from 3 tests @ 23 and who has three triples under his belt is a hack and must make way for someone who has played most of his cricket in Plate league (just 17 matches) and averages over 30 with the ball.
We should drop Rohit, Jadeja and Gambhir from the ODI team and bring in: Tiwary, Rayudu and Dhawan. Our Top 7 should be something like this: 1. Shikhar Dhawan 2. Ajinkya Rahane 3. Virat Kohli 4. Manoj Tiwary 5. Ambati Rayudu 6. MS Dhoni 7. Suresh Raina
Pujara instead of Rahane would be better. I am not sure about Manoj Tiwary. His hoach poach game never convinces me. I will look to try likes of Jadhav, Juneja, Baba, etc. Where is Yuvraj? He is a must for any LOI side of India. He is one of India's all time best ODIs batsmen.
yeah' date=' me thinks he's pretty close. I don't think ICL is a factor anymore. I mean all these players have been playing Ranji, IPL, and Rayudu has even been on A tours. Consistent performances over a couple of seasons and then A tours will bring batsmen into the selector's radar.[/quote'] Dude.....couple of seasons??....no way...he is already 26 or 27 and couple of seasons he will be 29 and ppl say he is old and not good to blood him...goes jaffer way.....i think he has only one year....
Pujara instead of Rahane would be better. I am not sure about Manoj Tiwary. His hoach poach game never convinces me. I will look to try likes of Jadhav' date=' Juneja, Baba, etc. Where is Yuvraj? He is a must for any LOI side of India. He is one of India's all time best ODIs batsmen.[/quote'] Plus a useful bowler. In that lineup who will fill in 10 overs ?
I think Unmukt played really well in both the matches. He was standout in terms of the way hey played, out of his nature, grind it out because it has not been easy to bat with the new ball in the morning there. No opener bar him did that well, especially batting first. He was slow to start and that was demand of the conditions. Both Munaf and Unadkat were moving the ball.
I had missed the first halves of both innings played by Chand. In the latter halves he was trying unnecessary lofted shots when the situation was in control and many of them were not placed property or in control. If I had watched full innings maybe I would have formed a different opinion to some extent.
All the names you suggested defnitely are good but we have been hearing about them even before this tournament. For me the talent which emerged from this tournament is Sachin Baby. I believe he can bat even outside the subcontinent. About Kedar - we have to watch him in non subcontinental conditions.
How Kedar plays pace is definitely a key factor. Regarding Sachin Baby, what makes you feel that he will succeed outside the subcontinent ?