Anti Ajinkya Rahane Brigade

i always thought mukund was better then vijay but this series changed everything .. i honestly have not seen enough of mukund to comment maybe he deserves a go at home too and might do well.. mukund is actually now competing with dhawan...
M Vijay & Dhawan are the new pair . We have to give them space to grow. Also Gambhir and Sehwag are not toally out of the picture. So if you are an opener competition is very stiff. It is quiet a welcome change. For years we struggled to find decent openers.
M Vijay & Dhawan are the new pair . We have to give them space to grow. Also Gambhir and Sehwag are not toally out of the picture. So if you are an opener competition is very stiff. It is quiet a welcome change. For years we struggled to find decent openers.
:agree: i think gambhir wil make good come back sehwag as opener is done imo we even have jiwanjot doing wel for punjab on tough tracks and chand.. :winky: its only gonna get better in future
We'll see after SA tour for sure.
ok 1 question i odnt have time to create new thread for this.. reading about average do delhi players get track like this in ranji? :omg: its unfair to compare average on this track to averages of players to play on mumbai and surashtra type tracks! maybe dhawan is not really that bad of player we make of him hmm
Dhawan is bad ? Technically he looks to be the second best player after Pujara among the young brigade. Plus his fearless temperament is a big plus. He was hooking well too. Vijay is a much bigger suspect against the short ball.
We'll see after SA tour for sure.
You could say the exact same for any openers from India. So it makes no difference. Here is the list of Indian openers performance in SA since SA was reinstated as a test playing nation. We don't exactly find an Andrew strauss or Matthew Hayden there do we? 2lkpsle.png
He failed in one test, but has done very well over the years. Both his dismissals were due to being unaware of the field placing. A very elementary mistake at international level, but certainly not enough to write him off. Should get the entire South Africa series before a change is made.
Yes. We have SA A tour and WI A tour to India before that. He looked nervous and should get all those chances to overcome the nerves.
You could say the exact same for any openers from India. So it makes no difference. Here is the list of Indian openers performance in SA since SA was reinstated as a test playing nation. We don't exactly find an Andrew strauss or Matthew Hayden there do we? 2lkpsle.png
2 wicket-keepers among the top three averages. :hmmm:
Could bat though. Both Dasgupta and Pappu Patel could have had better careers perhaps had they not been keepers.
Dasgupta yes, Pappu no. Dasgupta was technically sound - similar to Akash Chopra - but a strokeless wonder. Pappu only knows how to score in that point/gully region and I can see teams work him out pretty easily. Also, pappu is unable to go on to big scores and 20s, 30s or at max an odd 50 is all you can expect at intl level.