End of bjp jdu alliance ,sharad yadav quits as NDA head

vayuu1

One thing sure' date=' this break is not permanent. JDU will never go to Congress. There's lots of possibilities after election....[/quote'] this..if bjp dont announce modi as PM candidate(unlikely though), jdu might well comebacl.. bjp have to be street smart,modi alone wont make bjp reach 180 seats,forget 250+

In a way this is good news. Its up to Modi to put his money where his mouth is and try and secure a good number of seats. If he fails, the party gets a well needed wake up call. If he manages to grab a suitable slice of the pie, he will still need allies which should keep a check on saffronization. Make no mistake, the allies will come provided there is a majority for BJP. All the secular blah blah is hogwash.
absolutely

Will consider rejoining NDA if Advani returns to helm, Sharad Yadav says

PATNA: A day after walking out of NDA, JD(U) president Sharad Yadav on Monday said his party could consider coming back to the alliance if veteran BJP leader L K Advani gets back at the helm of the party. "Advani aye to dekha jayanga (we will see if Advani returns at the helm of affairs)," Yadav told reporters before going to a JD(U) meeting meet at chief minister Nitish Kumar's official residence. "We had fought 2009 elections projecting Advani as our prime ministerial candidate," Yadav, who announced resigning as NDA convener yesterday, said. He asked mediapersons to ask BJP leaders about this (Advani's return at helm of party affairs). "He (Advani) has been sidelined within the party," he said expressing pain for the veteran BJP leader. The JD(U) president had announced break-up with NDA on Sunday after walking together for 17 long years over elevation of Narendra Modi as campaign committee chief of BJP for 2014 elections. Chief minister Nitish Kumar today accused its estranged ally of "betraying" and "cornering" elders in the party in an oblique reference to Advani over the Narendra Modi issue.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Will-consider-rejoining-NDA-if-Advani-returns-to-helm-Sharad-Yadav-says/articleshow/20634914.cms sign of things to come - most current/potential allies will ultimately ask for someone other than Modi and irrespective of what the Modi Bhakts say, Advani is still the frontrunner in that case.

Will consider rejoining NDA if Advani returns to helm' date= Sharad Yadav says http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Will-consider-rejoining-NDA-if-Advani-returns-to-helm-Sharad-Yadav-says/articleshow/20634914.cms sign of things to come - most current/potential allies will ultimately ask for someone other than Modi and irrespective of what the Modi Bhakts say, Advani is still the frontrunner in that case.
Ha ha Budda brigade still hopes. Sorry guys its over , move on.

S=G' date='you know current NDA partners right?[/quote'] yeah......they are pretty small in terms of number of MPs. In fact if I'm not wrong then only Shiv Sena and SAD have any MPs, rest all like INLD, AGP, Nagaland People's Front, RPI etc don't even have a single MP between them. In such a scenario BJP, which doesn't have a presence in some large states, cannot afford to lose allies like JDU or worse still, make Modi the PM candidate, which will make potential post-poll alliances very difficult. In the end the allies will play a very big role if an NDA Govt has to be formed and whether you like it or not, most parties won't come close to a Modi led BJP. Also, once again, whether you like it or not, Advani has now gained a lot of acceptance across the political spectrum and the way some people in the BJP are treating him right is only resulting in more sympathy for him and more reasons for parties not to like Modi because if he can do that to his mentor (and founder of his party) then one can only imagine how he will behave with other parties..

yeah......they are pretty small in terms of number of MPs. In fact if I'm not wrong then only Shiv Sena and SAD have any MPs, rest all like INLD, AGP, Nagaland People's Front, RPI etc don't even have a single MP between them. In such a scenario BJP, which doesn't have a presence in some large states, cannot afford to lose allies like JDU or worse still, make Modi the PM candidate, which will make potential post-poll alliances very difficult. In the end the allies will play a very big role if an NDA Govt has to be formed and whether you like it or not, most parties won't come close to a Modi led BJP. Also, once again, whether you like it or not, Advani has now gained a lot of acceptance across the political spectrum and the way some people in the BJP are treating him right is only resulting in more sympathy for him and more reasons for parties not to like Modi because if he can do that to his mentor (and founder of his party) then one can only imagine how he will behave with other parties..
Advani is 84,his time is over. He can be patriarch if he wants, but no office for him. BJP lost only Niitish due to Modi , even that also more of ego clash than any practical reasons. As I mentioned many times without a strong leader BJP wont cross 3 digits.Advani is not the solution. Already BJP grassroots workers demoralized in last 10 years, and see Modi as the only hope, why deny them a leader behind whom they can rally. Modi has to start the yatra fro which Advani was famous , prepare his speech according to state/constituency, roll his PR machine effectively.

^ Damn that's dark & funny.
ya It is actually strange that Advani has managed to project himself as a centrist leader when he was the original Hindutva face of the party. It is important to realize that BJP didnt come into power in 96 because of the antics of Advani during his Rath Yatra. It was because they managed to provide a viable alternative government under Vajpayee - who was both popular among the masses and acceptable to allies. This in contrast to Congress which was causing political instability in the country during that time. To win again, BJP has to find another such acceptable leader because on its own, the party doesnt even have a base large enough to take advantage of the anti incumbency against Congress in most states. The only way Modi can win on his own is if the majority become polarized due to riots/religious intolerance and vote on religious lines. And that scenario will be far more dangerous to the country in the long run than Congress ruling.

ya It is actually strange that Advani has managed to project himself as a centrist leader when he was the original Hindutva face of the party. It is important to realize that BJP didnt come into power in 96 because of the antics of Advani during his Rath Yatra. It was because they managed to provide a viable alternative government under Vajpayee - who was both popular among the masses and acceptable to allies. This in contrast to Congress which was causing political instability in the country during that time. To win again, BJP has to find another such acceptable leader because on its own, the party doesnt even have a base large enough to take advantage of the anti incumbency against Congress in most states. The only way Modi can win on his own is if the majority become polarized due to riots/religious intolerance and vote on religious lines. And that scenario will be far more dangerous to the country in the long run than Congress ruling.
I don't think that for most younger people Modi is a religious nut.He is more seen as a doer...I think people are mistaken here.when people think of BJP ...they think right wing hindu nationalist party...but when they think MODI...they think development.Ido believe BJP will gain a lot of non traditional votes because of him...they will loose some too ....but for people like me who are sick of the "family" ...he is the only alternative.I don't like politicians who talk along religious lines or caste lines...but I don't hear Modi talking about caste and religion much...at least not as much as the "secular" parties.

Din mai suhane sapne kaun dekh raha hai' date=' yeh sabhi ko malum hai bhai. There is a reason every expert is predicting the same thing what S=G said[/quote'] :two_thumbs_up: dekhenge kiska sapna pura hoga aur kon sapne se bahar ake seedhe bistar se niche girta hain

I don't think that for most younger people Modi is a religious nut.He is more seen as a doer...I think people are mistaken here.when people think of BJP ...they think right wing hindu nationalist party...but when they think MODI...they think development.Ido believe BJP will gain a lot of non traditional votes because of him...they will loose some too ....but for people like me who are sick of the "family" ...he is the only alternative.I don't like politicians who talk along religious lines or caste lines...but I don't hear Modi talking about caste and religion much...at least not as much as the "secular" parties.
Within a day of his nomination he is already up to reviving Ayodhya. Not to mention criminals like Shah that he is promoting and putting in charge of UP.

his closest confidante is former Gujarat Home Minister (and murder accused) Amit Shah - that guy has just been sent to UP as state in-charge. Immediately on reaching UP he said they would take the Ram Mandir issue to the forefront. Now Modi himself is going to Ayodhya this Wednesday or Friday. Now Modi is seen as the BJP's Hindutva face by everyone.