India A tour of South Africa, 2013

There is 2 other threads about this Im sure...! Anyway, Pujara is not in CT squad because he will captain A team.. My squad. Vijay, Dhawan, Pujara, Rahane, Rohit Sharma, R Jadeja, Saha, Rassool, S Ahmed, P Singh, I Pandey Mukund, Rayudu, Nadeem, S Kaul, D Kulkarni Ltd overs squad- Pujara, Rahane, Mandeep Singh, M Tiwary, Rayudu, Saha, Binny, Rassool, Mohit Sharma, S Wagh, S Kaul Mukund, J Saxena, Parthiv, D Kulkarni

A tour is for greenhorns,not established guys like Pujara n GG.Pujara should hv played CT my team: Jiwanjot Mukund Rahane Rohit Bist Rayudu Saha Rasool Pandey Mohit Rajpoot
Nope! Pujara should be there to practice for the forthcoming series... how can you omit him?!?

Pujara should have played Champions Trophy. This A tour wont make much of a difference for Indian players when they play the test series in any case. There is a vast difference between playing some domestic bowlers and playing their test bowlers. This is why many touring sides do well in tour games and fail against the test sides. Unless Pujara's fitness in terms of his fielding and running between the wickets is an issue for ODIs and hence they have kept him out.

I dont think it has to be one or the other does it? The CT will finish a good while before we tour SA- right? Dhawan and Vijay should go to SA with A team too and get a feel of the conditions If it was a choice I would suggest he will gain a lot more from playing 4 days games in SA than playing ODIs anway so Im glad if he in SA and not CT squad

@CPD your team is good ' date='but I Would like to see 4 changes,shikar in place of GG,unmukt in place of gautam,yadav in place of pandey and suyal in place of zakk.[/quote'] unmukt needs a good ranji season before he can be considered for a tour. he cant play swinging ball at all. gauti deserves another chance. he had a good average in last SA tour. yadav is frontline bowler, the A tour should be for those bowlers who have something to prove. same point with zak that i made for gauti