How fast was David Johnson?

3 hours ago, express bowling said:

We have contributed strongly to the oxymoron " Slow pacers ".

Balwinder Singh Sandhu, of the 1983 World Cup fame, is the slowest Indian pacer I have seen.

Sanjeev Sharma, who played in the late 1980s, was a maha trundler too.

Roger Binny and Manoj Prabhakar were also quite slow.

Paras Mhambrey, Dodda Ganesh and Debashish Mohanty put their hands up to uphold this great legacy of ours in the later half of the 1990s. 

The new millenium saw this identity of ours getting lost almost till Praveen Kumar came forward to give a nostalgic feeling.

Elderly people keep on saying that everything was better earlier.  While we don't agree with them on many issues ...  this one is true.  They don't make Indian trundlers like they used to in the past.   Those super slow deliveries from the  " pacers ",  those unfit and shambolic physiques, their complete lack of energy etc. etc.  ... are lost for ever.

Which current fast bowler gives you that nostalgic feeling which pk gave you? :dance: excited to know

44 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Which current fast bowler gives you that nostalgic feeling which pk gave you? :dance: excited to know

Current day Ranji bowlers B.S.Sandhu and Mohit Thadani.

International pacers don't reach such august standards these days.  But we are collecting the slowest pacers around in LOIs ... like Kaul and Unadkat.

7 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

Tbh, at times its difficult to ascertain pace just by looking at videos and having no other references. I remember the 99 world cup match against england. Debashish Mohanty was bowling red hot and was getting serious bounce. None of the english batsmen were comfortable against him. because of that bounce, it looked like he was bowling at a great pace. We all thought he was bowling express, but later the speed gun results showed his pace around 115-125!

I think you mean the Pakistan match right? Because the speed gun was only brought only from the super six stage from what little I remember. But yes mohanty was clocking very low speeds.

13 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

I think you mean the Pakistan match right? Because the speed gun was only brought only from the super six stage from what little I remember. But yes mohanty was clocking very low speeds.

No, I mean the England match only. Speed gun wouldnt show the speeds on television, but the speeds used to come next day in press releases.