Australia in India 2013-14

saneindian

He has similar issue which Johnson had in terms of his runup' date=' too wide a steps when he runs in. He needs to sort that out. It will help him gain a bit of pace and control.[/quote'] look at him in this video. he runs in fast to the crease and generates more pace. he's doing the complete opposite now. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol4pF_i-Hpo&list=PLA9KVs-J2WE1PRJWTqm9ooFlz51AjXX9n]Tom Latham, 132 vs. India A - YouTube[/ame]
I am talking about his runup. He has far bigger strides when he runs in for a short guy that is certainly an issue which he needs to address.
but then he doesnt have the pace of mitchell johnson or marchant de lange that if shortens his runup, he will become extremely fast. i think he's just become more complacent in his runup, while not being as fit as he was during the A games against West Indies and New Zealand
but then he doesnt have the pace of mitchell johnson or marchant de lange that if shortens his runup' date=' he will become extremely fast. i think he's just become more complacent in his runup, while not being as fit as he was during the A games against West Indies and New Zealand[/quote'] I am not talking about shortening of runup but shortening of his wide strides while running. It will improve his pace and control. Likes of Harmison and Johnson had the same problem. Johnson worked on it after he was dropped and is much quicker and accurate now.

It is obvious to all but the selectors and team management, India has abundance of batting talent , have seen some good spinners too, where they lack is impact bowlers, bowlers with pace who hit the deck hard, do we have them off course, are the selectors aware of this no , looking at their a team selection, we are building an army of mediocre not int class bowlers and giving them a go for more then a year now. VK, Unadkat, PK,Mithun are an embarrassment along with the regressed Ishant, selectors need to try Suyal, Pankaj, Shukla, Anwar, Aniket, Kulkarni, Shami, Pandey,the problem is two pronged, selectors in India suck at picking up bowling talent and dropping non performing bowlers also telling them what is expected if Ishant was in some other country he would be dropped, asked to work on his pace and bowling as he is useless now. Dhoni is part of the problem along with Fletcher as a captain like Dada would have taken the initiative and looked at good prospects and ask selectors to pick some good bowlers, with our away tours coming up we will fail badly ,only decent seamer we have right now is Bk and even he is limited and not a strike bowler, Aaron, Umesh, Suyal, Pankaj,BK, Pandey, Shami, Kulkarni should be looked at as test prospects. Shukla, Anwar, Kaul,Aniket, Abu should be looked at for Odi and T20, these bowlers cannot do worse then the jokers we have currently, looks like we are going back to 1970, Srikanth started this trend of picking the mediocre players from his zone, Patil seems to have done well except for looking at the right bowlers, there is no chance in hell this mediocre one dimensional trundlers will succeed at this level, sells tors please don't ever look at PK, VK, Mithun, Aravind, Unadkat Ishant as they are only club class or worse.

I'm just going to say this but spinners in ODIs are not the problem for Australia. It is spinners on spinning tracks in tests which is Australia's weakness. So Mishra could be dispatched like Ashwin was. However I think Mishra will do a better job than Ishant.

I'm just going to say this but spinners in ODIs are not the problem for Australia. It is spinners on spinning tracks in tests which is Australia's weakness. So Mishra could be dispatched like Ashwin was. However I think Mishra will do a better job than Ishant.
and thats the selling point. I dont think anybody is expecting Mishra to run through the Aussie batting line up. However if the pitch is going to seam, i think we mght be better of hanging onto Ishant or vinay and bringing in just Unadkat for one of them
Ashwin had an off day but spinners did their job in the last game. Tambe as a leggie had good time in Jaipur, Mishra could turn out to be a good pick.

@rkt Don't you think Shami would be a good option here? Mohit, Shami and BK would be a really good attack on this wicket. Bhuvi and Shami could bowl with the new ball in tandem and both these guys swing the ball late. We are missing pace and experience in this line up. Its so darn weak that we have Ishant to lead us.

@rkt Don't you think Shami would be a good option here? Mohit, Shami and BK would be a really good attack on this wicket. Bhuvi and Shami could bowl with the new ball in tandem and both these guys swing the ball late. We are missing pace and experience in this line up. Its so darn weak that we have Ishant to lead us.
Shami is lacking wicket taking abilities till now in ODIs. He will swing the ball if conditions help him. Selectors should have given debut to Pandey in this series after how he did in SA on A tour. Our issue is inexperience. Most of our potential fast bowlers are young, raw, and inexperienced because we are continuing to select likes of Vinay and other no hopers. Every time, a young bowler does not do well, we go back to Vinay who has no future, no potential, IMO. We will have to identify a few guys who we can back and give long ropes. You cannot create a bowling attack like that. We will have to punt on youngsters because we do not have an established fast bowling attack like SA, England, and Australia. A balanced pool of seam-swing and genuine pace bowlers and if they have identified Vinay and Mithun who might again come back on the back of his 3-4 wickets in Duleep trophy then we are doomed.

If you ask me they should make every pitch pacy and bouncy for this series, we will then know which batsman is legit contender for overseas tours along with bowlers who are not in the team just to give other team batting records. Ishant will be out after third match for sure, this bugger is gone case.

One ODI loss and so much of wrist slitting? I have been away from ICF for sometime now having rejoined work after a break. Came back to the forum today and what do I see? From threads titled *****s to parasites to rubbish to doubts about almost every player in the ODI squad not to forget the BCCI and the commies being attacked as usual! Wow such fickle fans we have. Rohit, Raina, Ashwin, Ishant and Vinay - almost half the team has played its last match if we go by the popular opinion . At least in ODIs, the team has done well enough in last 12 months not to warrant so much of wrist slitting after one single loss. Go back to the Eng ODI series. Lost the 1st match after conceding 325+, came back to win the series including wins at Mohali and Ranchi, where we are supposedly going to get slaughtered in this series. Keep the faith guys and have fun.