Australia in India 2013-14

saneindian

BK - Very Good ODI bowler Yadav - Poor for the format , extremely erratic . Fast or not fast , dosent matter. Dint know we wer stopping the likes of marshall , Lille and steyn from playing for us .
Today, Hayden was saying that having extra pace, in the 140s or more, was really very important and it gave batsmen very little time to react. He also talked of McGrath who he said was difficult to play even in the 130s because he as really tall and in your face. Almost all players who have succeeded at international cricket, whether batters or bowlers, talk about how important pace is or height is for strike bowlers ( pacers ). There must be a reason. Players from countries who have actually produced GOOD pace bowlers are obsessed about pace. Why do you think that is the case ?
BK - Very Good ODI bowler Yadav - Poor for the format , extremely erratic . Fast or not fast , dosent matter. Dint know we wer stopping the likes of marshall , Lille and steyn from playing for us .
Vs Sri Lankans BK-7.14 Yadav-92.40 This is the only real difference between them ..
He was selected back because of a good domestic season and based on the A games' date=' plus his T20 game, he performed well above others.[/quote'] which A games he played? Many others also had good domestic season better than him then why only he was selected and not others and which T20 game, even in IPL, he is always thrashed over 8-9 runs an over. He only gets wickets when batsmen attack him. Same way he got wickets in that T20 match against Aus. There was a reason he was dropped halfway through Zim ODIs when he was not able to trouble batsmen even on seaming tracks.
Below 6 ? Must be some bowling at 160kph ..
Even Ishant conceded below 5 in his first 5 overs, but alas Ishant had to bowl in PP and death too to ruin his stats while BK finished 8 overs up front when Aussies were not going berserk. BK only got 2 overs in death and conceded 22.
Whether you take wickets or our economy is sky high doesn't matter as long as you clok 150 kms.....:hysterical:
BK bowled 8 of his overs in first 15 when even had a great economy and there was some help for the problems. As soon as he bowled in death overs, he too went for 22 in 2 overs. Wont take credit of those 8 overs away from him but have some perspective. Johnson too had the same fate, good earlier for his first 5 overs. Dew also made it difficult for Aussie bowlers.
BK bowled 8 of his overs in first 15 when even had a great economy and there was some help for the problems. As soon as he bowled in death overs' date=' he to went for 22 in 2 overs. Wont take credit of those 8 overs away from him but have some perspective. Johnson too had the same fate, good earlier for his first 5 overs. Dew also made it difficult for Aussie bowlers.[/quote'] thats what iam saying... is only bowling fast considered .. or taking wkts and containing runnings even if its normal speed...
thats what iam saying... is only bowling fast considered .. or taking wkts and containing runnings even if its normal speed...
I am saying fast or not fast, every bowler was thrashed yesterday. You need a combination of everything. BK and Johnson both bowled well to start with but thrashed once batsmen got in and started to flex their muscles.
which A games he played? Many others also had good domestic season better than him then why only he was selected and not others and which T20 game, even in IPL, he is always thrashed over 8-9 runs an over. He only gets wickets when batsmen attack him. Same way he got wickets in that T20 match against Aus. There was a reason he was dropped halfway through Zim ODIs when he was not able to trouble batsmen even on seaming tracks.
Check his performance: India A vs WI A. Challenger Trophy T20 games against Aus. He has matched Bhuvaneshwari very well and was #2, outperformed Shami (Who was pale compared to even ZK), Unadkat etc. His ability might be below others, but given his performance, wickets, can't blame his selection. If the spearhead can be selected with no performance to back him up, there is no point crying about this poor fellow.
Check his performance: India A vs WI A. Challenger Trophy T20 games against Aus. .
the comedy of quixotic legend supporters has to be seen to be believed. :hysterical: As I already mentioned, I care two hoots for the data of domestic bullies as they are garbage at best. its not that even if he took 15 wickets in challengers, I think he deserves to be there.but since I left this childish "A did this in x game" stuff long long ago, let me regain some touch, did unadkat even play in challengers ? to say he did better than unadkat is wrong. unadkat has actually done better in the WI series. the above post claims that he has matched bhuvi very well. looking at the score cards reveals, his victims include top class batsmen like awana(twice) suyal,U yadav, S yadav,nadeem. the only top order batsmen are sehwag and uthappa.so I would guess sehwag == 5 victims? :giggle:
the comedy of quixotic legend supporters has to be seen to be believed. :hysterical: As I already mentioned, I care two hoots for the data of domestic bullies as they are garbage at best. its not that even if he took 15 wickets in challengers, I think he deserves to be there.but since I left this childish "A did this in x game" stuff long long ago, let me regain some touch, did unadkat even play in challengers ? to say he did better than unadkat is wrong. unadkat has actually done better in the WI series. the above post claims that he has matched bhuvi very well. looking at the score cards reveals, his victims include top class batsmen like awana(twice) suyal,U yadav, S yadav,nadeem. the only top order batsmen are sehwag and uthappa.so I would guess sehwag == 5 victims? :giggle:
I was only finding reasons why he was slected after a poor Zim series. People here believe that we are holding back very good bowlers who have outperformed current selection. In fact, given the chances, the bench has not performed much better. Since a known devil is better than an unknown stranger, IS and VK get selected again and again (TINA = There is no Alternative factor)
Check his performance: India A vs WI A. Challenger Trophy T20 games against Aus. He has matched Bhuvaneshwari very well and was #2, outperformed Shami (Who was pale compared to even ZK), Unadkat etc. His ability might be below others, but given his performance, wickets, can't blame his selection. If the spearhead can be selected with no performance to back him up, there is no point crying about this poor fellow.
Challenger trophy look at his ER. He only got wickets when batsmen attacked him, not because of great bowling. Even Nehra and Umesh Yadav tonked him for sixes easily. There is a reason he is averaging 70 this year. He was thrashed even by Zimbok on seaming tracks and was dropped from the team mid series. Where did he outperform Shami? Unadkat took 5-fer against WI A. He was our best bowler in Zimbabwe. Thing is this is his best and has no future and even his present is not better than Shami and Unadkat who are young and potential prospects and will improve as they play more. Rather than wasting these matches on a no-hoper like Vinay who himself is going for 8 runs per over, we can easily play young potential players who can learn and improve as I do not think they are going to do much worse. I Just do not understand how can selector pick him when we have already seen how he has been treated disdainfully by international batsmen time and time again and one or two good performance at lower level and he is again back when we know he is not good enough for the highest level and is already close to 30 years of age which should be his peak as a fast bowler.