Australia in India 2013-14

saneindian

Not a bad squad... With our lack of stand out bowlers we will always have some legends selected in the trundling quota. Ashwin and Bhuvi are the only proven bowlers in this line-up but hopefully someone else will raise their hand and give a good account of themselves. For the matches being played in India uv and sir will be solid bowling options as well so no big worry there. Hopefully we can give the aussies a nice pre-ashes shellacking in the ODIs. Dhawan-Nohit-Kohli-UV-Raina-Dhobi-Sir-Fatwin-Bhuvi-lambu/shami-natkhat

And all XI fielders cannot be swift. No team have that, not even Aussies when they were at their peak. Having said that a fit Yuvi is any day a better fielder that most player in the team - Ishant, Ashwin etc.
do u realy think that there were no better options than yuvraj.he is short minded throws his wicket away.could have tried unmukt chand . he also throws his wicket away but he is young .and can be a future prospect
Rayudu is the worst selection for me. He struggled in Zimbabwe series and showed no signs of improvement in CLT20. He is already 28, so not a youngster either. I would have loved to see a Zol, Juneja in place of Rayudu.
I am not too worried about Rayudu,like you said there are tons of young kids forming a big queue behind him and he needs to perform against the aussies or his international career will be very short.
The less that Virat bowls' date=' the better. Never seen such a poor bowling record from someone who bowls so regularly in ODIs.[/quote'] I don't get it either,His part-time bowling is very ordinary.......He is probably the worst part-time bowler for us...I mean guys like Sehwag,SRT etc were really good...Yuvi obviously is a little above a parttimer...Maybe lack of options that even Tiwary was used occasionally
Clarke ruled out of India tour Australia skipper Michael Clarke, who has been suffering from a back injury, has failed to recover and will miss the upcoming limited-overs tour of India in October-November, Cricket Australia said. Callum Ferguson, who did well in the Ryobi Cup, has been named Clarke's replacement while George Bailey will lead the side. The selectors also named the squad for the one-off T20I, which includes Nic Maddinson. The tour starts with the T20I in Rajkot on October 10, followed by seven One-Day matches. The opening ODI will be played at Pune on October 7 while the last game of the series will be held at Bangalore on November 2. National Selector John Inverarity said Clarke was keen to lead the side during the Indian tour, but he was unfortunate to miss out as he has not recovered from his long-standing back problem. "Michael was very keen to captain the ODI team to India but unfortunately he hasn't progressed enough to be available for selection." Speaking about the inclusion of Ferguson, Inverarity said the middle-order batsman was rewarded for showcasing fine form during the Ryobi Cup while the chief selector mentioned that Ferguson also did well for Australia A against the England Lions "His (Clarke's) replacement is Callum Ferguson, whose form in 50-over cricket during the last Australian summer was impressive, scoring 271 runs at an average of 45 and a strike rate of 70 in the RYOBI CUP, along with an additional three matches for Australia A against the England Lions in February scoring 149 runs in three innings at 49.66 with a strike rate of 91." Inverarity said Bailey will captain the Australian side in Clarke's absence while mentioning that Brad Haddin will handle the role of the deputy. "George Bailey will captain the ODI team in Michael's absence. Brad Haddin will be George's vice-captain." Inverarity also mentioned that Maddinson was included in the T20I squad because of his excellent showing during the Australia A tours and said he is likely to open with Aaron Finch in the lone T20I game. "In addition, The NSP has added Nic Maddinson to the squad for the T20 fixture. Nic showed some sparkling form on Australia A tours during the winter. He will be in strong contention to open the batting with Aaron Finch in this game," Inverarity said. Commenting on Clarke's injury, Australian Team Physiotherapist Alex Kountouris said: "Michael Clarke has a longstanding low back injury that requires ongoing management. During the recent England ODI series his injury flared up again and has been slow to improve with his regular treatment regime." "Michael will therefore not be available to play the upcoming India ODI series and will require a more extensive rehabilitation period before returning to competitive cricket," Kountouris added. ODI squad: George Bailey (Captain), Nathan Coulter-Nile, Xavier Doherty, James Faulkner, Aaron Finch, Brad Haddin, Moises Henriques, Mitchell Johnson, Nic Maddinson, Glenn Maxwell, Clint McKay, Adam Voges, Shane Watson. T20I squad: George Bailey (Captain), Nathan Coulter-Nile, Xavier Doherty, James Faulkner, Callum Ferguson, Aaron Finch, Brad Haddin, Moises Henriques, Phil Hughes, Mitchell Johnson, Glenn Maxwell, Clint McKay, Adam Voges, Shane Watson.
http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/58759/clarke-ruled-out-of-india-tour/?utm_source=ig&utm_medium=news&utm_campaign=gadget

We need Aaron in the ODI team.Bhuvi,Aaron,Ishant,Ashwin & Jaddu will be a decent attack plus a bit of Yuvi,Raina here & there.Our batting will always be stronger than our bowling,we,ve to live with it.Dhawan,Rohit,Virat,Yuvi,Raina,Dhoni this is our top 6 & anyone of them can win u a match, it's scary for the opposition plus we've a lower order upto no.9 where Bhuvi bats.Jaddu,Ashwin & Bhuvi at 7,8 & 9 gives great depth to our batting.

then how do Ishant' date='Mishra get in.even Unadkat doesnt seem a great fielder[/quote'] We've good batsman in abundance for LOIs,but limited options in bowling.Ishant, Mishra has taken wickets but Pujara missed his chances in the limited opportunities he got till now.