Australia in India 2013-14

saneindian

YOu can consider Yuvraj as a full time spinner. That gives us an option to have 3 seamers. One will be taken by Bhuvan. You could pick any 2 out of the remaining 4 pace bowlers and start praying.
but I dont want the option of 3 seamers with the seamers we have. I'd play 3 spinners+Yuvraj+BK and Ishant/Unadkat

What's with the attitude of some people calling any ODI series meaningless nowadays ? So only the Ashes series matters ? Why cant Eng and Aus quit playing other teams already and just stick to playing 4 Ashes series in a year as only this series seems to matter to them ? With the few countries that play cricket, there will be very little "meaningful" cricket if you think ODI series are meaningless. So are we supposed to only care about World Cup which comes around once every 4 years or a test series with England or Australia which we play once every 3 years or so ? Does Cricket have any chance of surviving if everyone thinks only WC or test series is worth watching ? Terrible attitude to have.

When was the last time an aussie (or anybody) criticized a 3 month tour to Australia ? Whats the logic to play so many tests followed by "useless" ODIs and T20s' date= all on the same tour ?
Quite a lot actually. That's why there isn't a tri-series anymore. The ODIs aren't the issue (7 of them are) but it is the timing which is just before the Ashes but they should arrive just in time for I think two Shield matches. Australia still needs to find a No.6/No.5. It is a battle between Hughes, Bailey, Voges, Wade and I guess Doolan to a certain extent. It will be two spots as Clarke is likely to be out for the first test.

I think Australia will be playing Finch Maddo Watson Bailey Haddin Maxwell Faulkner Johnson Coulter-Nile McKay Doherty Voges is injured and isn't going to be playing for the T20. ODIs I'm not sure. Spin on T20 will be overrated because Finch, Watson, Maxwell, Faulkner have played T20's a lot in India. Bailey and Haddin are good players of spin.

Quite a lot actually. That's why there isn't a tri-series anymore. The ODIs aren't the issue (7 of them are) but it is the timing which is just before the Ashes but they should arrive just in time for I think two Shield matches. Australia still needs to find a No.6/No.5. It is a battle between Hughes, Bailey, Voges, Wade and I guess Doolan to a certain extent. It will be two spots as Clarke is likely to be out for the first test.
Apart from Watson Faulkner and Hughes, rest everybody is playing shield cricket. I dont see the issue. Australia (especially after the Clarke injury) have two very separate ODI/T20 and Test teams Number 6 from various reports seems to be Steven Smith
Apart from Watson Faulkner and Hughes, rest everybody is playing shield cricket. I dont see the issue. Australia (especially after the Clarke injury) have two very separate ODI/T20 and Test teams Number 6 from various reports seems to be Steven Smith
I don't see the issue much either except it is 7 ODIs which is a tad overkill. People don't realize that it was part of the tour that got split up due to the Ashes and CLT. Smith will be No.5 So Australia will be likely Warner Rogers Watson Clarke/Bailey/Hughes/Voges Smith Hughes/Bailey/Voges Haddin Johnson/Starc/Bird Siddle Lyon Harris