Common names

Cricketics

i used to think Sandeep is an unique name....till i came to delhi... there were 3 sandeeps in my school...and i came to know more sandeeps as i grew up.. i really dislike those whose name is sandeep....can't they have some other name...? which is the most unique indian name you have heard.. i am yet to meet some one with name "ashwathama"

after staying in states for good enought time.. i noticed every 2nd hispanic has the name "Jose" Jose is pronounced as - HO SAY u know of any other comman name.. which is very very comman. i know every 2nd southi in usa has the name "Srinivas" m i rite on southi part..
not really. actually I have been quite amazed at the variety of indian names i have come across.

I remember reading this anecdote in Reader's Digest many years ago. A firm did some survey on how many Patels were there in different countries. They came across some obscure East European country and thought that there was no chance in hell they would find a Patel there. They were shocked when the person on the other side of the phone inquired "Which Patel you want, YB Patel or JB Patel or....?