ICC World T20 2014  

1. 1.

• Chandimal
    • Matthews
    • Malinga
    • Jaywardene
    • Flout Some Rule like WT20 2012

Curious case of Mohit Sharma

In Mirpur There is some mystery surrounding the matchfitness status of the seamer Mohit Sharma. The Haryana bowler, who plays for Chennai Super Kings in the IPL, hasn't taken part in the team's practice sessions after the first one at the BKSP ground on March 15. Yesterday he was seen nursing his groin. Or so it seemed. The fast bowler was seen putting an ice pack on the affected region on the right side. Sharma didn't take part in the football game nor did he bowl at the nets, instead spending a lot of time on the massage table. In fact, he had followed the same routine during the last two practice sessions held at Fatullah. The team management, when asked, wasn't too forthcoming on whether the bowler is injured or not. Thought it was out Two sixes on successive balls by Shahid Afridi pushed India out of the Asia Cup held in Bangladesh recently. MS Dhoni was not part of that Indian side but as he revealed yesterday, he was following the game closely. "I was watching that on television. The second six he hit, I thought it went to the fielder but I realized later it had crossed the boundary. It was an exciting game." Afridi himself had been nursing an injury but looked fit during Pakistan's practice session yesterday. So will that match and innings have any bearing on the game today? According to Dhoni, "NO." Too many, too little One aspect where Pakistan has a clear advantage over India today is the presence of allrounders. Pakistan have Mohammad Hafeez, Shahid Afridi, Shoaib Malik and Kamran Akmal while on the other hand India has none if you discount MS Dhoni who is a fabulous keeper-batsman and are trying to convert the likes of R Ashwin , Ravindra Jadeja and even Yuvraj Singh and Suresh Raina into one. While Hafeez is relishing this prospect, Dhoni has been left to rue their absence. As Hafeez said, "We do believe we have good all-rounders in our side. With Afridi, Malik, myself and Kamran as the wicketkeeperbatsman we are blessed to have players like that." Dhoni on the other hand sounded a bit sad when he said, "The more all-rounders you have the more difficult it gets for the opposition."
http://www.mumbaimirror.com/sport/cricket/Curious-case-of-Mohit-Sharma/articleshow/32394838.cms

Isnt Ireland's flag green in colour?

Are cats colour blind? No, they are not color blind. They see some colors, but not all colors. And they see colors differently than humans do. Cats seem to be able to distinguish between higher frequency colors, meaning cats respond to the colors purple, blue, green and possibly yellow range. Red, orange and brown colors appear to fall outside cats color range and are most likely seen as shades of grey or purple. Purple, blue and green appear to be the strongest colors perceived by cats. Tests suggest cats can distinguish between more shades or levels of gray than can humans.

The thing which impressed the most about nepal is the way they construct their innings. I think they are the only associate side to reach 140 odd on a regular basis batting first in their group. Afghanistan are probably more talented. But Nepal have more brains and better tactics.