India's Tour to South Africa, 2013

Well I feel humiliated that this guy can boast off like this. SHAMEFULL REALLY!! Is the BCCI reading this. ?? Is the team management reading this ??? Is Yuvi / Raina reading this ??? I feel like hitting someone really hard after reading this, wonder what the timid team members like mohit / Bhuvi would do?? The guy says " we blew them away" now this is the 1st time I've seen them playing mind games, saffers need to be given a punishment, but who is capable to dish it out to them. UTTERLY SHAMEFUL. More so because I saw the Pakistan / SA series and at the award ceremony every time ABD mentioned what a world class bowling Pakistan has. Not denying that they don't have, but shameful that the Team management did not have the knowledge of what kind of skill set is required to succeed in SA. India should have Pankaj Singh / Ishwar Pandey instead of the insipid Mohit Sharma & Rahane / pujara in place of Yuvi / Raina. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/cricketnext/firedup-dale-steyn-warns-india-to-expect-more-aggression/438291-78.html Nothing fires up Dhoni but lets see how Rohit, Dhawan, Virat and Raina take it. Great interview, calling it as it is. No diplomacy. :hatsoff:
No worries. Indians neither have the technique nor the balls to stand up to this hostility. It will be fun to see them get pummeled tomorrow. 2014 is mostly overseas tours....it will be deja vu again....kings at home.....beggars away.

It may be so that Indian team is getting hammered but one thing is at least now the Indian team doesn't inspire pity and complacency from opposition, they are raring up to to their best against India and even though we only score 217 in the first game there is still some respect for India's top four in Steyn's words. I think this team will slowly evolve (would have been much better unit if it wasnt for Dhobi's mistakes in selecting the playing 11) and its good that there are more overseas tours lined up, even if they fail misearably (whiich they are likely todo) in this tour, lets lookout for some good performances from individual batters and bowlers. For one thing, its stupid from Dhoni to not open the bowling with his two most attacking bowlers Yadav and Shami, i felt surprised when Dhoni said at the toss that he was playing with the same 11 as the last game. Flaw in his thinking

For one thing Dhoni is somehow very reluctant to make quick changes when his team is getting belted and certain individuals are not performing. Its strange that a captain with so much reputation should fail to spot the obvious chinks in his team and try to fix that. We saw it in India with Ishant and Vnay Kumar and now we see it with Umesh being kept out of playing eleven. And we cant really balme selectors now becoz they only select the squad but captain selects the playing eleven.

Indian team should stop being PALS with SAFFERS, they should stand up and come out of the awe they stay in. I'm 100% sure with a bit more of planning & strategising they can bring SA down in their home, but it seems no planning was done what so ever. I felt Dhoni's field setting , bowling changes were not upto the mark. I felt the approach of Yuvi / Raina to batting is horrendous , wonder what's Fletcher doing and their Psychologists are good for nothing, as the whole world can see Yuvi is SCARED of short pitch bowling. Bhuvi can be given the exception of never experienced these conditions, would have to bring more accuracy than experiments in his game to be successful. Mohit just has to bring in drinks nothing more. I'm afraid there are no fast bowling all rounders as jadeja is no good in these conditions, neither in batting or bowling. Ashwin needs to stop bowling short and go for ripping turners, he should absolutely stop the pause start delivery, never seen any good coming from it !!!!! Shami is the silver lining, wonder till when :(. People vouching for ishant are desperate, he is going to be owned again since he's dropped pace from being 145+ to 130's that's a dramatic drop, looks clearly low on confidence, more focused on the hair style than the bowling style!!' Umesh, well the less said the better, even of he plays I doubt he would complete 10 overs. Overall no better options than what we have , all we can hope is that the bowlers somehow restrict them and the batting might overpowers their bowlers. But that wish even GOD would find it hard to fulfil. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pitch is green completely. Saw it on Aajtak.
and some were saying "slow track" :giggle: ..durban's pitch has been slowed over the last 3 seasons but the bounce is still there,it was obvious they would prepare a green pitch to suite their bowlers and negate indian batsmen..saf wont have the courage to prepare green tracks against nl,aus,pak,england
South Africa is so desperate. They are preparing green tracks even for ODIs. :hysterical: This is like India preparing rank turners for ODIs.
SA has prepared harsh conditions for tours by india in 2006 as well. the wickets were too lively for even local batsmen.in 2010, tsotsobe was looking like garner.wanderers always had bounce.but last ODI was something. in india, spinners mostly find help on fourth/fifth day of a test.preparing a helpful wicket for spinners on first day would mean mostly bad surfaces and that's precisely why Australia/sa don't struggle in ODI in india as viceversa.the spin we saw in the CT final was something.but I doubt it can be replicated

Fired-up Dale Steyn warns India to expect more aggression India should have bought in bowlers never or less seen by SA, the likes of Pankaj Singh, Pawan suyal, Rahul Shukla Complimenting Shami / Bhuvi. Pankaj has height would not have been easy hitting him the way they went after mohit, Bhuvi. Shukla brings pace to the table, can be expensive, but is a trier and puts in everything, would have preferred Varun AAron had e been available though. Suyal is an unknown entity with pace, would have bought in some surprise element. I'm sure they would have done better than this bunch. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good tests these ODIS are for this team, if this team is for real they should face this challenge head on and triumph it. No more home track bullies, if they need to get rid of that tag they need to bounce back. Steyn or anyone they all are beatable.Let us not make this SA team as some juggernaut which cannot be beat. It is sixth ranked team who have history of choking.