Aam Aadmi Party Thread

Stuge

Senior Congress leader Digvijaya Singh, who has been among the biggest critics of Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party (AAP), has said that the one-year-old party managed to do what Rahul Gandhi had set out to do. In remarks that could be controversial within his party, the Congress veteran also accepted in an interview to NDTV that the perceived battle of 2014 between Narendra Modi and Rahul Gandhi could turn into a triangular contest with Arvind Kejriwal's party fighting the national election. "Rahul has been saying this for the last two-three years, that people should have total access to party leaders so that we are able to take in ordinary people into the party. We haven't been able to do that because Congress is such a monolithic party,'' the Congress general secretary said. Mr Singh, who worked closely with Rahul Gandhi in recent state elections, pointed out how the AAP campaigned door-to-door, which worked very well, but has been stopped as a practice by the BJP and Congress. When asked whether the Congress could adopt AAP's practices by 2014, he said, "It will have to." The AAP's government will be a "case-study" to watch out for, the Congress leader said, as it would be based on 28 first-time MLAs. On December 8, after the Congress suffered a massive defeat in state polls and was decimated in Delhi by AAP, Rahul Gandhi had said, "AAP involved a lot of non-traditional people and we will learn from that and will better it in a way you cannot imagine." While Digvijay Singh praised AAP's spectacular political debut, he was skeptical about some of their ideas like rejecting security. "It is not up to the Chief Minister, but to the Union Home Ministry to decide the degree of security,'' he said recalling how LK Advani, as Home Minister, had offered him one of the highest levels of security when he was chief minister of Madhya Pradesh. "If (Mr Kejriwal) wants to get mobbed every day, that's his wish.''
http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/aap-did-what-rahul-gandhi-set-out-to-do-digvijaya-singh-to-ndtv-462641 Now you know why some existing seculars became aam aadmis

Seems like a non jaahil to me.
Amar Singh - Non-jaahil for sure. Concept of Decentralization(Empowering Graam Sabhas and Mohalla Sabhas) has potential to transform India. If implemented, the village or the mohalla people would be deciding how the money allocated to that area MLA should be spent. Regarding anti-corruption law - I am with the version passed by parliament, though that also has a few shortcomings probably. But AAP's version would have been a draconian law. Here's the full video (from around 8 months back)-
See how Mani Shankar almost dismisses him. Today, these guys have been forced to eat their words.

Amar Singh - Non-jaahil for sure. Concept of Decentralization(Empowering Graam Sabhas and Mohalla Sabhas) has potential to transform India. If implemented, the village or the mohalla people would be deciding how the money allocated to that area MLA should be spent. Regarding anti-corruption law - I am with the version passed by parliament, though that also has a few shortcomings probably. But AAP's version would have been a draconian law. Here's the full video (from around 8 months back)-
See how Mani Shankar almost dismisses him. Today, these guys have been forced to eat their words.
[ame=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_au4BU2ng1o]Clothesline - Episode 24 - News & Political Satire - YouTube[/ame] I think you ll enjoy the bit here on Mani Shankar. Again non jaahil to beat all non jaahils including the resident one. Loves peace but ll kill all those who he thinks don't.

nitially, you said you didn't want to take the support of Congress. But now you have. What changed? We don't have an alliance with Congress in Delhi. They have offered support and we are ready to take it, but it's not an alliance. When Congress suddenly claimed it would give us outside support, they also started criticizing us for not taking on responsibility, while claiming our promises can't be fulfilled. Many of our supporters started questioning us. Then we asked for 10 days' time and decided to go back to the people. We had no idea that there would be such overwhelming opinion for us to form the government. I personally did not want a tie-up and would have liked a re-election. But we respected what the people said. Our supporters feel that if Congress takes back support now, they will be the villains.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/delhi/Arvind-Kejriwal-We-have-called-Congresss-bluff-if-they-withdraw-support-theyll-be-the-villains/articleshow/27928547.cms :giggle:

If AAP is trying clean up the system then we should support it. I personally would change the camp in 6 months time if AK delivers even 10% of his promises. They will be worthy of our support. I am sure many from BJP will do the same, slowly but sure they will. GO AAP.