Aam Aadmi Party Thread

Stuge

Winning elections shouldn't be the criteria... What you've achieved as an anti-corruption crusader should be the criteria... He will keep on winning elections as the all the other opposition parties have joined hands and Congress has transferred its votes to AÀP and in the process has been decimated in Delhi & NCR...

I'm proud of BJP as it has dissident leaders like Shatru Sinha, Kirti Azad who can voice their views against the Party leaders without getting kicked out... Imagine what would've happened to these leaders in any other party...

yes but he did so well in Delhi. I don't think he will win close to 67 seats if elections were held today. And if allegations are found baseless against jaitley, he will suffer more credibility (and votes) loss. BTW jaitley happens to be from Delhi and has good support among educated people country wide and probably more support in Delhi.

yes but he did so well in Delhi. I don't think he will win close to 67 seats if elections were held today. And if allegations are found baseless against jaitley, he will suffer more credibility (and votes) loss. BTW jaitley happens to be from Delhi and has good support among educated people country wide and probably more support in Delhi.

Well they've to prove the allegations just like tey were asked in case of Gadkari. If they can't substantiate their allegations (Which I'm pretty sure of), they will either have to face the law or again "apologise"...

Is that why he was scared of contesting in Delhi ?

Good support among educated people country wide lol

The letter nobody's talking about: When BJP MP Kirti Azad wrote to Arun Jaitley about corruption in DDCA
This is a five-month old letter, and yet it has, for some reason, failed to generate any vigorous discussions on prime time television. Media coverage of this letter has been conspicuous by its absence.
When an MP of the ruling party writes a letter to an all-powerful Union Minister of his own party's government, levelling some serious allegations, it is hard to fathom why the media would give it a miss.
This is the same media that runs hour-long prime time television shows titled 'Who killed Sunanda Pushkar' - named in a way that suggests that the killer(s) would be uncovered in the show. Yes, the veracity of the allegations have to be independently verified and the writer of the letter only seems too happy to furnish 'proof'. He has, after all, attached the 'proofs' with the letter.
The letter has been written by BJP MP Kirti Azad. Azad is a former cricketer and a former senior functionary of The Delhi and District Cricket Association (DDCA).
The letter addressed to Union Minister Arun Jaitley - who was the president of the DDCA for 14 years before he ended his association in December - seeks to remind him of the 'scores of letters' written to him to draw attention to 'scores of infraction of rules, procedure, fiscal indiscipline, misgovernance, maladminstration, and siphoning away of funds from the coffers of DDCA.'
The writer of the letter accuses Jaitley of 'calling me names' and 'running down my family members,' implying that he was targeted for his letters to the then DDCA chief.
The writer further accuses Jaitley of trying to 'mislead us' and finds 'shocking' his 'personal interest in defending' his 'valuable colleagues.'

I have seen the unimaginable rot in DDCA under your misrule for 14 consecutive years. I am literally numbed at your actions and inactions to control/manage the affairs of a small association like DDCA," says the letter.
The writer further says that 'time has come to seek accountability' from Jaitley.
Now that action has to be taken against all office bearers, you own role has to naturally come in sharp focus, since the Ministry under your charge is supposed to take action against the key Management Personnel and all office bearers at that time - yourself included."
Inevitably, the letter next mentions money and some numbers - some big numbers, in fact.
"The dubious role of certain office bearers who have been defalcating at least Rs 25 crores every year, and the cover up provided by the auditors should wake you and Finance Ministry officials to the massive fraud that has perpetrated in DDCA every year."
The letter then goes on to name the President of India Hockey Federation, Narinder Batra as one who enjoys Jaitley's 'total backing and protection.' It insinuates that Batra has been abusing Azad in e-mails, copies of which the former has been forwarding to Jaitley.
I understand that you are also a Director in their HI (Hockey India) League, which shows your political patronage has resulted in the unauthorized in the takeover of a sports organization that had been running hockey since 1935."
Next, the letter goes on to make some other allegations before signing off with a 'suggestion' to the minister to 'initiate action against DDCA.'
If you still have faith in the rule of law, I would suggest that you should initiate action against DDCA for recovering at least Rs. 150 crores which has ostensibly been defalcated by a few office bearers."
Our Government has begun to clean up the mess left behind by UPA. I only hope that the mess left by you in DDCA is also cleaned up in one fell swoop..."
The battle between Azad and the DDCA has been running for some time now. The DDCA had, in fact, sought a lifetime ban on Azad three years ago.
Very recently, members of the National Capital Territory (NCT) Cricket Association wrote to Prime Minister Narendra Modi on the issue of corruption in the DDCA.

https://www.saddahaq.com/the-letter-nobodys-talking-about-when-bjp-mla-kirti-azad-wrote-to-arun-jaitley-about-corruption-in-ddca

So Jaitley is not only the face of the corrupt DDCA but also one of the major factor behind the turmoil Hockey faced in the last few years acc to Azad.

Is that why he was scared of contesting in Delhi ?

Good support among educated people country wide lol

people didn't know what to expect of aap after blockbuster start in Delhi when kejri beat Sheila Dixit. Bjp decided to have jaitley lend support in Punjab where it was struggling. Eventually Bjp won all 7 seats in Delhi and jaitley lost in punj.

He enjoys good support among educated people country wide. I didn't say he can win elections from many places other than from North  India.

Edited by randomGuy

Yeah BJP lost its patience after 8 years of dissent... They should've followed Kejri's method of dealing with dissent of PB & YoYa... :giggle:

BJP lost patience the moment he went public .Not after 8 years .

Sure Kejri would have happily kept Yoya and co as well if they only continued writing letters to him in silence.

Sure Kejri would have happily kept Yoya and co as well if they only continued writing letters to him in silence.

not the first time. He is writing all these things in news papers and speaking on channels for years.

As usual half baked comments,Kirti Azad making noises from long time,even when UPA is ruling country nothing happened.

Heck the guy even sat in hunger strike for scrapping IPL,hope you support him on this as well.

I told PM Narendra Modi, I am like your child, please guide me. He remained silent': Arvind Kejriwal

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

http://zeenews.india.com/news/india/i-told-pm-narendra-modi-i-am-like-your-child-please-guide-me-he-remained-silent-arvind-kejriwal_1839501.html

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: