4 Indian fans thrown out for teasing Symonds

Gambit

[h1]4 Indian fans thrown out for teasing Symonds[/h1] Mumbai: Four Indian fans were detained at the Wankhede stadium in Mumbai on Wednesday for making monkey gestures at Australian player Andrew Symonds. An Australian photographer took pictures of some spectators making gestures at Symonds when he was dismissed for a duck. Police identified three men and four men and evicted them from the stadium. Symonds, Man of the Series in the Future Cup, has alleged that spectators heckled him with monkey chants during the Vadodara and Nagpur ODIs on October 11 and October 14. Indian authorities rejected his allegations but on Wednesday the BCCI decided to act on the International Cricket Councils (ICC) directive on fighting racism. BCCI President Sharad Pawar and Cricket Australia chief Creagh O'Connor issued a joint statement, vowing to stand by the ICC Anti-Racism Code. Pawar, in the joint statement, did not admit Symonds allegations were correct but agreed with O'Connor that racism has no place in cricket, on or off the field. They said racism was not confined to any particular country but was a global problem. "Cricket crowds in all cricket nations are often noisy and boisterous, which is part of the fun of cricket," they said. "But all cricket nations have to be on guard to ensure that the fun does not cross the boundary into unacceptable behaviour. "If it does, it is our expectation that the specifics of the ICC Anti Racism Code be enforced without fear or favour," the joint statement said. "Players of all countries have a right to expect they will be treated with respect wherever they play in the world. "Spectators, team officials or players who are concerned about inappropriate behaviour of other people at venues should draw that behaviour to the attention of venue authorities immediately so that it can be assessed on the spot and, if appropriate, addressed immediately rather than being reviewed via media reports published well after the crowd has gone home," it said. http://www.ibnlive.com/news/4-indian-fans-thrown-out-for-teasing-symonds/50687-5.html

All hecklers should be thrown out.... Not sure about it being racist...but I think they should include all the mother sister loving comments also in the offensive list. People should not be allowed to buy tickets and come to the stadium to heckle and humiliate players...Ifyou want to do that ..stay at home and do it. I think it is a good idea to click pictures of these idiots and shame them in front of the world. Same with eve teasers... Same for people who throw bottles and other stuff on the ground.

All hecklers should be thrown out.... Not sure about it being racist...but I think they should include all the mother sister loving comments also in the offensive list. People should not be allowed to buy tickets and come to the stadium to heckle and humiliate players...Ifyou want to do that ..stay at home and do it. I think it is a good idea to click pictures of these idiots and shame them in front of the world. Same with eve teasers... Same for people who throw bottles and other stuff on the ground.
Heckling and even humiliating the opponent players should be fine as long as the comments are to do with cricket.
If Brett Lee shouted BC & MC in public' date=' then he should be evicted as well and banned for a few TEST matches and ODIs.[/quote'] Why is to bad to shout back abuses at "hecklers"? Why are they off-limits? If I am being taunted in Public, I am going to give it back. A big chunk of the crowd calls the boundary players all kinds of names. Why is it bad to let some back at them. If he threatens physically, that is a different thing. Afridi, Aloo and S Clarke (who threw a brick at a pakistani heckler in Pak) were reprimanded for threatening to cause physical harm.
So my question was actually what became of the fans at that time? Were they chucked out as well? Must have been pretty funny to listen to him cuss them out in Hindi :haha:
:cantstop: Must be like Bob Christo mouthing "haram zaada" or "Kutte ka bachcha". He was this sidey white guy, a hit-man in the villian's den, used to feature in a lot of 80s movies (Mard, Mr. India etc.).
His name was Vermulin or anything of that sort.
Mark Vermeulen of Zimbabwe who was playnig league cricket in England. A bit of a nutcase. The ban was later reduced to three years though. Last year, Vermeulen set fire to the Zimbabwean cricket academy building. He was expected to get a decent term in the prison, when last heard.
Mark Vermeulen of Zimbabwe who was playnig league cricket in England. A bit of a nutcase. The ban was later reduced to three years though. Last year' date=' Vermeulen set fire to the Zimbabwean cricket academy building. He was expected to get a decent term in the prison, when last heard.[/quote'] Um yeah ok...not so harsh anymore! Who needs Shiv Sainiks around when there are dudes like him eh?