Nfl - The Superbowl

Cricketics

The weather is not -10C. It will be a real feel temperature of 11 degrees. I live 10 minutes away from the stadium. Take my word for it. Regarding saints receivers, they don't have any good ones. Colston was mediocre and graham was the only legitimate one. As far as Denver, they have the tight end thomas, receiver Thomas, Welker, and Decker. A roided Sherman isn't covering all of them at once. Manning is not as stupid as Kaerpernick throwing a straight pass to the defender or going to the endzone when you still had two timeouts left on First down. No doubt Wilson is a good runner, but he runs to get open. Hes not a runner like a RB. Russel Wilson was mediocre in the 2nd half against the Saints. And he was once again mediocre against the 49ers last week barring the hail mary catch by Baldwin. Seattles defense is number one because of their Cornerbacks. But Denver has more than one receiver to counter that. Sherman will be busy with Thomas all day. Decker and Welker will beast on the other cornerbacks. As I said before, Denver's offense > Seahwaks Offense D-Line > Seahawks D Line Cornerbacks < Seahawks Cornerbacks O-Line > Cornerbacks RB < than Lynch but not a whole lot of difference.
How did you come to the conclusion that Denver's defensive line is better than the Seahawks ? So basically you are saying that Seattle, which has been the #1 rated team for most of this season, is better than Denver, who's not been rated at #1 for more than a few weeks and fell out of top 5 rating in mid season, at only running backs and cornerbacks ? So better at cornerback+running back but worse at everything else = better rating, better record in the NFL ? Shows how much you 'know' football. :haha: Oh and saying there is not a 'whole lot of difference' between Lynch and Moreno is like saying there is not a whole lot of difference between Tendulkar and Saurav Ganguly.

How did you come to the conclusion that Denver's defensive line is better than the Seahawks ? So basically you are saying that Seattle, which has been the #1 rated team for most of this season, is better than Denver, who's not been rated at #1 for more than a few weeks and fell out of top 5 rating in mid season, at only running backs and cornerbacks ? So better at cornerback+running back but worse at everything else = better rating, better record in the NFL ? Shows how much you 'know' football. :haha: Oh and saying there is not a 'whole lot of difference' between Lynch and Moreno is like saying there is not a whole lot of difference between Tendulkar and Saurav Ganguly.
Denver's defensive line has been outstanding recently and are on a little momentum. Ratings change often. I would take them with a grain of salt especially in the playoffs. I said there is not a whole difference between Ball + Moreno and Lynch. Lynch is superior no doubt but the combination of Moreno and Ball can also hold their ends. It's not as one sided as you claim to be. Seattle's defense is great no doubt but Denver has the offensive weapons and the Genius at QB to neutralize the cornerbacks to some extent. As I said before, Sherman will have his hands full with D. Thomas and Earl Thomas will be busy with Decker. That leaves Julius Thomas and Welker to do all the work. Look for Decker and Thomas to take the seattle cornerbacks far away leaving dink and dunk offense with welker and julius thomas. Manning is not as dumb as Kaepernick. He will exploit it. P.S I may not know 'much' about football but I know just enough to prove people like you wrong.

Denver's defensive line has been outstanding recently and are on a little momentum. Ratings change often. I would take them with a grain of salt especially in the playoffs.
Seattle has been #1 or #2 team from the 3rd week of this season to now. Denver hasn't held #1 or #2 rating for more than 3 weeks. So again i ask you- how can there be such a huge gulf of difference in rating when you think Seatt;e's only better than Denver at corner back and running backs ?
I said there is not a whole difference between Ball + Moreno and Lynch. Lynch is superior no doubt but the combination of Moreno and Ball can also hold their ends. It's not as one sided as you claim to be.
Okay so Denver has two above average Running backs. Seattle has one allstar running back and one total newbie. You dont play two running backs at the same time, so what has Denver's better depth at RB gotto do with the picture ? Unless Lynch gets injured, the gulf of difference between Denver's running back on the field and Seattle's running back is the difference between Ganguly and Tendulkar. One is good, the other is great. We are not comparing total roster depth here, just the starting lineups. I am sure you realize that Lynch getting messed up is as big a hit for Seattle as Manning getting injured for Denver...
Seattle's defense is great no doubt but Denver has the offensive weapons and the Genius at QB to neutralize the cornerbacks to some extent. As I said before, Sherman will have his hands full with D. Thomas and Earl Thomas will be busy with Decker. That leaves Julius Thomas and Welker to do all the work. Look for Decker and Thomas to take the seattle cornerbacks far away leaving dink and dunk offense with welker and julius thomas. Manning is not as dumb as Kaepernick. He will exploit it.
Genius QBs dont neutralize corner-backs. They neutralize the defensive line. The job of neutralizing cornerbacks is for the recievers. Its the recievers job to get open or no amount of precision amazing pass is going to be caught, if the reciever is shadowed by a good cornerback. Genuis QBs is about finding openings in the defensive line so you can run the ball or run to create space and then throw. I seriously think you didnt watch Seattle much this season or Denver. Because if you had, you wouldn't be calling Manning a genius. Manning has amazing skills. But he is very linear in his thinking. He is about 'plant your foot, look,look, look, pass'. Thats all he does. Ever. He is wha Frew Breese will be in the future- an amazing pin-point passing QB who has no ground game. Genius is what Russell Wilson does. He is a QB with an ordinary arm. Yet, he has the genius to read the play so well from the opposition D-line that he runs the ball for yards gained, runs to get open and throws the ball. Russell Wilson is the most versatile QB I've seen in 10+ years of watching football. Kapernick is not 'dumb', its about finding an open guy and when you can't find an open guy, what do you do ? you throw the ball to the guy who CAN still get open. There are so many plays where the cornerback and reciever are running shoulder to shoulder, then the QB throws the ball to a pre-planned trajectory, the reciever breaks and turns left/right and suddenly finds seperation to catch the ball. You simply do not have that option on the side of the field that Sherman is posted on because you simply cannot break away from Sherman. He follows every move of the wide reciever, shoulder to shoulder. So when it becomes absolutely necessary to throw the ball to the guy that Sherman is guarding, more often than not, Sherman intercepts it. Thats what happened last game, thats also what happened vs New Orleans, where Breese is a better thrower than Manning. The things Denver have over seattle, are receiver, throwing game and better offensive line. What seattle has better than Denver is a running game, versatility from the QB and defence. Of them, the biggest difference is that they protect their QB better than Seattle's offensive line does and IMO, if Denver wins, it will not be because of Manning's throwing, it will be because Seattle failed to protect Wilson enough.

I so wanted him to be kicked and beaten bad' date=' but these guys have put up a good fight and are hard to beat.[/quote'] They're not just putting up a "good" fight ... they are flat-out dominating. I don't have a dog in this fight, but am not a fan of Pete Carroll (who got away with a lot of shady stuff at USC).