Nfl - The Superbowl

Cricketics

I never followed superbowl. I hate it actually. But most of the finals don't do justice to the hype. Is it true. Is it always one sided?
Not always, but more often than not it is. In the past NFC was owning the AFC (Niners vs anyone, Anyone vs Bills, Cowboys vs Anyone, etc), but there have a few close games as well.

True. So many commenting about Seahawks defence, but Manning and his offence have equally sucked in the first half. Hoping for a turn around, but it looks tough.
I hate to say 'I told you so' but I followed the Seahawks the whole season. This isn't about their offence sucking- Denver had the best overall offence in the league this year. This is about Seattle being an absolute beast against catching-play dominated teams. We annihilated the New Orleans Saints because Brees, like Manning, is a pin-point amazing passer with decent recievers. Broncos had an ATG passing QB and a very very good reciever lineup. Trouble is, Seattle's pass coverage is so bloody good that you *will* throw interceptions to Seattle defence if you attempt anything more than short passes. We intercepted 3 (or was it 4?) throws from Manning, before that we intercepted 3 throws from Brees in the QF. The 49-ers were doing well till Kaepernick threw the long bomb in the end zone for interception. Reality is, Seattle defence is built to dominate teams reliant on the long passes. What Seattle does not do so well, is cover a strong running play. This is why 49-ers gave us a much tougher time, because the 49-ers running back was not bad ( i told you folks that Moreno is nowhere near Lynch's class. Lynch, even with a bum ankle, had 3 awesome runs this Superbowl and got a TD. The other guy did nothing). I didnt think Seattle would totally annihilate the Broncos but I did think we would win this one comfortably. Football is actually such a finely tuned game of strategy, tactics and strengths that more often than not, the odds given are right. most times, when Vegas says the spread is 3 points, its not going to be more than 5 points either way. This was an abberration. For the next year, i think its going to be the 49ers and the NE Patriots that are going to be the biggest challenges for Seattle.

The bronocs receivers could not get any separation and they look intimidated. And that coin toss was absolute rubbish and the first play. Come on what the hell was I watching? It's not like I had anything invested in these two teams but it didnt look like a super bowl. Or maybe I felt a let down because I'm a Giants fan and we played in two of the greatest super bowls in recent times.

Could never understand this game
It's the most overhyped bag of shyte. How can anyone sit through 3 or 4 hours to watch less than 1/3 of that in actually action? American Football is not popular outside of America because it's absolute rubbish.
Average time the ball is in play is 11 minutes. This is one of the most commercial driven event.

Not always' date=' but more often than not it is. In the past NFC was owning the AFC (Niners vs anyone, Anyone vs Bills, Cowboys vs Anyone, etc), but there have a few close games as well.[/quote'] Average margin of victory in the SuperBowl is 15 points. Approximately a third of the games have been decided by < 7 points, and ~ 10% by more than 21 points. Anyone vs. Bills :-) That was cruelly funny!!

It's the most overhyped bag of shyte. How can anyone sit through 3 or 4 hours to watch less than 1/3 of that in actually action? American Football is not popular outside of America because it's absolute rubbish.
There's a saying in Tamizh "Kazhudaikku teriyumaa karpoora vaasanai?"

There's a saying in Tamizh "Kazhudaikku teriyumaa karpoora vaasanai?"
That is bunch of baloney. Just because one does not like this BS they don't become kazuthai. Basketball i agree.. Baseball and NFL .. never found a reason to care. Never had a reason to care for rugby.. so why NFL !!

That is bunch of baloney. Just because one does not like this BS they don't become kazuthai. Basketball i agree.. Baseball and NFL .. never found a reason to care. Never had a reason to care for rugby.. so why NFL !!
It's an analogy. *If* football were camphor, *then* the haters would be kazhudai. If you don't like a sport, there is no reason to disparage it. Every sport has a charm, something to enjoy. One may not like it, but that don't make it "shyte." I actually don't enjoy basketball, soccer and baseball much. They all require tremendous skill, strength, speed and athletic ability, but somehow, I don't enjoy them much. Cricket and football, each for very different reasons, are my passion!