Asia Cup 2014

StriKe

I repeat You guys are fools if think fletcher has any influence. Nothing will change if he goes Dhoni totally runs the show. Has absoloute power cos of srini. Fletcher just puts cones out. If tries to give opinion or direct dhoni, will be sacked in 5 mins! Fletcher well know for obsession with fast bowlers and hate for trundlers. yet under his tenure trundlers galore picked. Sums up how he has no say at all!

I repeat You guys are fools if think fletcher has any influence. Nothing will change if he goes Dhoni totally runs the show. Has absoloute power cos of srini. Fletcher just puts cones out. If tries to give opinion or direct dhoni, will be sacked in 5 mins! Fletcher well know for obsession with fast bowlers and hate for trundlers. yet under his tenure trundlers galore picked. Sums up how he has no say at all!
If he is happy to sit as a dummy we don't want a dummy. Fletcher was a sh** bag when he left England. We picked the sh** bag without doing any research.
What an emotional and passionate speech 2425156-therockclapping_zps4b1a30e7.gif
If he is happy to sit as a dummy we don't want a dummy. Fletcher was a sh** bag when he left England. We picked the sh** bag without doing any research.
Exactly. He is utterly useless and is probably getting paid more than any other cricket coach in the world :facepalm: I remember reading something by Jarrod Kimber when Fletcher was appointed three years ago in which he said that in every criteria Fletcher was the wrong coach for India. He was finished in England and ready to retire before the BCCI had a brainwave to supplement his pension. Kimber has been proven totally right. Fletcher has bought NOTHING to the table - zero thinking, zero strategies, zero appearances in press conferences, zero justification - just a big fat zero.

@gambhirfan lol you and your WWE references @KT Maybe we need somebody who is not a yes man. Lets be honest, fletcher is a good coach. He led England to away victories in South africa and Pakistan and beat a legendary Aussie side in 2005 at home. When he took over England were languishing at the bottom of the table in 1999. He took a side ranked 8th and made them a top 4 side in test cricket. He has the past qualifications and track record. But if he is ready to sit back and basically collect his pension then we dont want that. Clearly he has no input in selection issues. He is 65 and after this he is going to retire comfortably in England.

Sometimes I think that Garry trolled us by suggesting Fletcher's name as a coach :P plus our players met him during 2010 series in South Africa so after Garry's suggestion and after our players approval he was hired always had my reservations about him being the coach as he was already 62 at that time plus predicted it at that time that he will find it tough with 2 away tours during his first year as a coach.

The reason they selected Fletcher i think was (A) He had some track record with England (B) He did not like the media (a lesson from the chappel era) © He did not have a young family being 62 odd at the time. The reason being Kirsten left due to being away from his young family and Flemming of CSK saying no for the same reason. The problem with © was Fletcher had nothing to prove the India assignment. I think he pocketed a bonus of $500,000 when India won the champions trophy. He is going to retire. I do believe Justin Langer too was in the running for the Indian job. In hindsight you cant hire coaches who are towards the end of retirement. You need somebody is young enough and hungry enough to prove his name.

Sometimes I think that Garry trolled us by suggesting Fletcher's name as a coach :P plus our players met him during 2010 series in South Africa so after Garry's suggestion and after our players approval he was hired always had my reservations about him being the coach as he was already 62 at that time plus predicted it at that time that he will find it tough with 2 away tours during his first year as a coach.
Instead of going for a young and fit coach going for this bozo was one of the most shocking decision by BCCI. Remember they threw Desmond Haynes in the mix out of the blue. Not sure who makes these random calls.
Instead of going for a young and fit coach going for this bozo was one of the most shocking decision by BCCI. Remember they threw Desmond Haynes in the mix out of the blue. Not sure who makes these random calls.
I wanted Moody at that time he is a smart coach would have worked well or even now if we have to appoint a foreign coach should be either Moody or Langer wanted Ray Jennings but don't think he will fit in here.
Guys coach can't mess with Dhoni-Srini nexus...nothing will change until captain is changed. For the betterment of Indian cricket,Kohli has to do well in Asia Cup!
I would still say that he should take over the ODI captaincy next year after 2015 WC plus a guy like Langer or even if it has to be Indian then Robin Singh or Lalchand are good options for us.
Yeah I think for the most part these 'recommendations' hardly work - you have a strong/respected persona vouching for such appointments first up - right at the beginning of the selection process - and so precisely because of the recommenders strength everybody kind of sits back and herds the fellow in. You should ask people to send in their profiles and a panel should then sit together and pick a fellow. The 'starting point' should never be somebody else's recommendation. Post screening subjective opinions can be addressed. The chappell (ganguly wanted him in) and Duncan (kirsten's man) selections come to mind which to me weren't handled appropriately.
happened with Ganguly and Chappel. Ganguly basically vouched for Chappell. Then went through a **** phase and did not work hard enough to remedy it. Still expected to be picked no question for India without any issues. Chappell rightly called him up on it. This is just a repeat. Dhoni vouched for fletcher. Fletcher unlike chappell has no decency and does not question Dhoni.