Malaysian airlines mystery

Number

Going to India in sep.....need to check what airspace Indian airlines flies by :fear:....on topic shameful that this happens in this day and age
I never thought there would come a day where I considered myself lucky to consign myself to 20 hours of straight flying over the pacific and then spending a retarted amount of time sitting around and doing nothing in Singapore while going home.

I never thought there would come a day where I considered myself lucky to consign myself to 20 hours of straight flying over the pacific and then spending a retarted amount of time sitting around and doing nothing in Singapore while going home.
Assuming you fly in economy which is almost equivalent of traveling in a general compartment-the crowd lol. Anyways sad.....now watch militant groups use this as a new way to make a statement....I guess the boundary just had to be crossed once and the unwritten rule has been broken

Assuming you fly in economy which is almost equivalent of traveling in a general compartment-the crowd lol. Anyways sad.....now watch militant groups use this as a new way to make a statement....I guess the boundary just had to be crossed once and the unwritten rule has been broken
Yeah.. it is ironical that first we invent planes and then missiles to shoot down these planes.

Sad incident but not first time when a commercial jet has been shot down by missiles from surface. US had shot down Iranian plane in 89 (??). Russia (then USSR) had shot down Korean plane even after having confirmed knowledge that its a commercial plane. These are confirmed incidents. There were rumours that TWA plane that had exploded over pacific within 12 mins of taking off from SFO was actually shot down by American missile. Similar rumours are about MH 370.

so how is your flight schedule? how long and what cities?
Not decided on the flight yet man....when I used to fly from chcago,it pretty much was always 8 hrs to Europe 1-2 hrs stop and 8 hrs to Mumbai/Delhi from there and then further 1-2 hrs to hyd depending on mum/Delhi....pretty much the same type of iternary in the last many years was supposed to go in July originally bcoz of work I postponed :((,usually book through a travel agency,never book online....one month before is good enough to get a good rate....targeting end of sep. But from what i see most flights tech Singapore from here....I beleive Singapore allows like a on arrival tourist visa(icfrs with experience on this please advice) where they organize a free/paid city tour if there is a long enough overlay....so targeting for that as well. Saala California no benefit so far apart from the weather :banghead: even the tickets are expensive

maniac.. have u ever traveled in cathay pacific ?? SFC -> HK -> mumbai among the all long distant flights , economy class of cathay better than others ( tried delta , klm , air france , luftansa and cathay so far)

maniac.. have u ever traveled in cathay pacific ?? SFC -> HK -> mumbai among the all long distant flights , economy class of cathay better than others ( tried delta , klm , air france , luftansa and cathay so far)
I did Melbourne - HK - Delhi more than 10 years ago. It was good

y:

I used to fly out of Chicago so most times it either was air India or ethihad....these days Qatar has good deals too.jet is another airlines I have used. But yeah from sfo,I see Cathay has good deals via the hk route or Singapore airlines but since I want to take advantage of the Singapore tourism imitative as suggested by so,e friends would go with that. Airindia flights that I am seeing have almost 3 overlays,so the other 2 will probably be the option

Err, i always travel in econ class to India from North America. The Business class/First class is simply not worth the cash differential. I just plug in, say a prayer for my back and another one for no crying baby on board. 2 days later, the ordeal is over.

Err, i always travel in econ class to India from North America. The Business class/First class is simply not worth the cash differential. I just plug in, say a prayer for my back and another one for no crying baby on board. 2 days later, the ordeal is over.
Yeah even if I could afford business/economy- I know a lot of desi independent contractors travel in it so that they can get a tax write off(obviously these guys are minting money with whatever skill set they had)....it's totally not worth the price difference....might as well keep some dough for shopping in India :--D But now the products in India are comparable to their $ equivalent prices :fear:

AP: BREAKING: Dutch military plane carrying bodies from Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 crash lands in Eindhoven." Really tragic for the families.
AP :facepalm: The senstence was supposed to be "Dutch military plane carrying bodies from Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 crash, lands in Eindhoven". They forgot the comma....