speed and performance of indian pacers in ipl

vishalvirsingh

And he's clearly useful in India too. Certainly worth keeping a close eye on.
he is lucky to be playing in mohali most of time (not talking about ipl ) he has developed good swing bowling cos of conditions and very attacking intent

Yeah I agree' date=' I don't think he will Ever be a 140 Bowler but He could definately Bowl 135 in the future[/quote'] More importantly, he should retain the skid off the deck that he is getting for his indipping deliveries. Then, even at 130 k, he will be dangerous.

Wouldn't it be half of the time? I could be wrong here.
ofcourse but most of north indian teams had tracks which helped bowlers in last 2 seasons and he mostly played with some help so it helped him develop his bowling bit further you can tell my length he bowls that he is attacking unlike most other indian bowlers who tend to be defensive and bowl shorter

Who are these other bowlers ? Tell me more about their strengths...
These bowlers played in the under 19 world cup. Monu Kumar is a short skiddy pacer. Looks quick visually and hurries batsmen. Has a decent yorker. Bowls close to 140 k. Not bad for a 19 year old. Chama Milind is a 19 year old tallish left arm quick. Bowls close to 140 k. Gets left hander's out swing and inseam. Kuldeep Yadav is a chinaman bowler. Gets big spin and has a good wrong-un. Takes lots of wickets. He is very young.. 17 or 18. Gani is an off-spinner who turns the ball big.

ofcourse but most of north indian teams had tracks which helped bowlers in last 2 seasons and he mostly played with some help so it helped him develop his bowling bit further you can tell my length he bowls that he is attacking unlike most other indian bowlers who tend to be defensive and bowl shorter
Yes. I'd love to watch him bowl in First Class cricket. I'd just like to see how it is when the ball isn't swinging. I think he is one of the most promising bowlers we've had in years.

Yes. I'd love to watch him bowl in First Class cricket. I'd just like to see how it is when the ball isn't swinging. I think he is one of the most promising bowlers we've had in years.
he normally keeps it tight from what i have seen but is ineffective

More importantly' date=' he should retain the skid off the deck that he is getting for his indipping deliveries. Then, even at 130 k, he will be dangerous.[/quote'] Yeah Needs Too Bowl at least 130 though any lower he will be ineffective and he has troubled a lot of batmen with that Inswing abit like Bhuvi when he first burst on to scene but the only problem I have is He doesn't seem have an out swinger, so he could become predictable

Yeah Needs Too Bowl at least 130 though any lower he will be ineffective and he has troubled a lot of batmen with that Inswing abit like Bhuvi when he first burst on to scene but the only problem I have is He doesn't seem have an out swinger' date=' so he could become predictable[/quote'] he has an outswinger

Yeah I agree' date=' I don't think he will Ever be a 140 Bowler but He could definately Bowl 135 in the future[/quote'] He has to get to 133-135. Currently he is 126-129 - that is WAAAAYYY tooo slowwwww for Intl matches (Tests and ODIs). Intl batsmen have quality to tackle swing at this slow speed. Intl batsmen will :laugh: if he bowls a series of balls with 126-129. For now pack him to english county cricket for a couple of seasons. He has good potential, let him work on speed and skills in county cricket.

Sandeep Sharma is too slow....he barely touches 80 mph.....cant have multiple swing bowlers in the same team.Bhuvi is quicker and better
True. Can't have more than 1 swing bowler in the playing 11 unless we are playing in England. Already we have 3 in test team of 16 or 17. Bhuvi, Zak and Pandey. Shami is the only quick who has a realistic chance of playing in the 11. I ,personally , would prefer Shami, Aaron and Pandey / BK in the playing 11 with Umesh, BK/ Pandey and Bumrah as backup in England. Won't happen though... Zak and Ishant are the constants.

He has to get to 133-135. Currently he is 126-129 - that is WAAAAYYY tooo slowwwww for Intl matches (Tests and ODIs). Intl batsmen have quality to tackle swing at this slow speed. Intl batsmen will :laugh: if he bowls a series of balls with 126-129. For now pack him to english county cricket for a couple of seasons. He has good potential, let him work on speed and skills in county cricket.
He should play in County Cricket but he won't, that's how he will get better the more he bowls it will improve his stamina and pace and it will teach him how to plan dismissals and become more of a thinking bowler. The more he bowls at this age the better he will get this why I think county cricket wold be beneficial to a lot of young indian bowlers

Aaron didnt bowl well today.
I agree varun was not at his best but still was way better than Other indian medium pacers... Looks like umesh is hardly getting any chances so varun may Impress and make his way even to test team ahead of umesh. I guess in odi n t 20 varun was always ahead of umesh and umesh not getting opportunities means even in tests varun may Be preferred. He bowled upto 147k today.