speed and performance of indian pacers in ipl

vishalvirsingh

And 6 tests for a young bowler is enough? It is like judging him based on the australia series where he got carted around. IMO' date=' given enough chance he will be a great bowler in tests in India too.[/quote'] you are talking about BK who averaged 38 in India. Umesh averages 27 with 18 wickets in 5 tests in India, but even he cannot find a place. For me, IMO, BK will be better LOI bowler than test bowler because he lacks pace at this point, will do fine overseas. Regarding judging him, he struggled even in NZ ODIs, averaged 60. Other than that, BKs place was taken by Zak both in SA and NZ.

How does one develop test skills without playing? You are making it sound that we had loads of amazing bowlers who deserved a go in tests before him. When the reality is' date=' the guys keeping him out of the team were Ishant sahrma and an aging Zaheer. For a nation starving for bowling talent, we are so comfortable playing the same tried and tested failures like Ishant rather than giving a young bowler, who is willing to learn, a chance.[/quote'] Why do you get so aggressive and excited when talking about BK ? I am not responsible in any way for keeping him out of tests. :cantstop: Well .... test skills are developed by playing first class cricket, A tour games and working with coaches. Actually playing tests is not the only way. In case a bowler develops problems, like Ishant, playing tests without going back to practice and domestics, is actually detrimental. I think the whole of ICF have opposed the inclusion of Zak and Ishant. I was and still am especially vocal about this. You know that....so why do you raise this point ! You are raising the question of who should be included ? In tests played in India, BK played. I was of the opinion that he would not succeed in the subcontinent with the abilities he had in 2013. Umesh would be a better choice to partner Shami. Well ... BK did not do well. Outside the subcontinent, I wanted Shami, Umesh and either Pandey or BK. I would have preferred Pandey because of his height and form then. Now, I would prefer BK in the test team because he is in sublime form and we are playing in swing friendly England. How is the logic used wrong or biased ?

Why do you get so aggressive and excited when talking about BK ? I am not responsible in any way for keeping him out of tests. :cantstop: Well .... test skills are developed by playing first class cricket, A tour games and working with coaches. Actually playing tests is not the only way. In case a bowler develops problems, like Ishant, playing tests without going back to practice and domestics, is actually detrimental. I think the whole of ICF have opposed the inclusion of Zak and Ishant. I was and still am especially vocal about this. You know that....so why do you raise this point ! You are raising the question of who should be included ? In tests played in India, BK played. I was of the opinion that he would not succeed in the subcontinent with the abilities he had in 2013. Umesh would be a better choice to partner Shami. Outside the subcontinent, I wanted Shami, Umesh and either Pandey or BK. I would have preferred Pandey because of his height and form then. Now, I would prefer BK in the test team because he is in sublime form and we are playing in swing friendly England. How is the logic used wrong or biased ?
Err, I am being aggressive? Plus there were lots of people of the opinion that BK should not be in the test team at all and Ishant should.

Err, I am being aggressive? Plus there were lots of people of the opinion that BK should not be in the test team at all and Ishant should.
Such people are wrong. Ishant is a tried and tested failure who still has technical problems and an absolute inability to learn. BK is improving and I like that. But, BK should learn reverse swing and more frequent seam movement while maintaining 135 k pace If he wants to be a test success. I am sure you would like that too.

Selectors were not correct to play zak and a below par ishant play ahead of umesh n bk. Just watched zak..even now when he bowled for mi He used to stand n bowl while practice session between 2 games were on...he never wanted to stretch n bowl at full throttle...I agree his capability and skills are special but a fast bowler at 70 percent fitness cannot be played ahead of A 100 percent fit fast bowler. When zak was 100 percent fit he was better tham only munaf patel in fielding...so zak"s fielding is always below par. Playing zak ahead of bk was not correct. Umesh wud hv faired better than ishant.

Ishant in side ? Please find me that person ? Also don't talk about past when bhuvi struggled to hit even 135 regularly ..he improved and should be in team but that does not means he was always good enough to be in side He actually did not swung the ball much for major part of past year and only found that swing back during world t20

ESPNcricinfoVerified account ‏@ESPNcricinfo A tale of two IPLs - Varun Aaron in UAE: 8 for 84 in 14.5 overs. Varun Aaron in India: 4 for 150 in 14.5 overs. (via @rajeshstats
This proves indian pitches are made batsman friendly by design, nature has not very little to do with it. When UAE can have sporty pitches why cant India with mostly similar conditions.

ESPNcricinfoVerified account ‏@ESPNcricinfo A tale of two IPLs - Varun Aaron in UAE: 8 for 84 in 14.5 overs. Varun Aaron in India: 4 for 150 in 14.5 overs. (via @rajeshstats
This is what happens when you bowl at two of the big scoring grounds in India Wankhede and Chennai. Mixture of both bad bowling and high scoring grounds.

@rkt now this is called death bowling not what dinda does :rofl:
Dinda used to do the same 2 years back but he has regressed. Watch his bowling for PWI in 2012 before injury. He was a poor new ball bowler but good at death. He is good for nothing now.

Sandeep and Bhuveneshwar Kumar are doing well considering that medium pacers are supposed to be fodder on subcontinental pitches' date=' if some people are to be believed.[/quote'] Not when ball is swinging for them.

Bk & sandeep are being overrated here. Swing bowlers like them look world beaters in such conditions especially under lights. You guys should have seen anureet singhwl in similar conditions in duleep trophy. He single handedly wrecked the opposition. He averaged 18 in the tourney . I would like to see what bhuvi does in Bangladesh.

Bk & sandeep are being overrated here. Swing bowlers like them look world beaters in such conditions especially under lights. You guys should have seen anureet singhwl in similar conditions in duleep trophy. He single handedly wrecked the opposition. He averaged 18 in the tourney . I would like to see what bhuvi does in Bangladesh.
Most people are raving because of his awesome death bowling when there was a time he was not even allowed to bowl at death. At death he has contained the likes of AB, Smith, Duminy and other big hitters, going at less than 7 per over when other foreign bowlers were carted around. Who will not rave at this particularly since death bowling has been a big challenge for India?