India hint at five-bowler strategy

I am not getting it.. If he is lured. he should have given him a longer spell . Not one or two over spell. It is about Dhoni trying to tell the selectors "I don't want Binny. I will hurt other bowlers until you get rid of him"
If he wants to get rid of him, then he should have bowled more. He is rubbish anyways and he wasnt picking up a wicket. Now since he is underbowled, he might get a chance next match.
If he wants to get rid of him' date=' then he should have bowled more. He is rubbish anyways and he wasnt picking up a wicket. Now since he is underbowled, he might get a chance next match.[/quote'] As a comparison. Moeen Ali a rank part timer bowler more overs for England than Binny for India who was picked as 5th bowler. Not like Moeen Ali was super. His Economy rate was 5.38. They had to use him to relieve others after Stoke was injured.
youngindia, this is not about the greatest team. we are not the greatest team so why are we supposed to be structured like one ? Great teams have 2 decisively incisive bowlers and 1 more bowler who can hold his end up very well at the very least. Do we have that ? No. That is why we need a 5th bowler because the reality of the situation is, Indian bowlers currently available wont take 10 wickets an innings sooner than in 120-130 overs or so per innings and that is too much of a workload for the bowlers to survive in a 4 bowler format. When you don't have bowlers who can effectively dismiss sides for 80 overs per innings average, its no point in going with 4 bowler model unless you got atleast two spinners in the frey who can be relied upon to give 40-45 overs and not be totally dead after. This is why teams include bits-n-pieces players sometimes in hope that they can hold a bat a bit and bowl 10-15 overs unnoticed, just to share the workload. We have an ideal candidate in Ravi Ashwin for that.
first have a decent 4th bowler who can take wickets before thinking about 5th. If 5th bowler is so good then play him in place of 4th bowler.
Dhoni must have been lured watching binny bowl in Bangladesh. Even I thought he could chip in with couple of wickets. I was wrong. No shame in accepting that I was wrong. Binny is a joke.
Those were extreme conditions. Sometimes, conditions can make average player look great. There you hit seam in rights areas and you were rewarded. That isnt the case here.
I am tired of seeing s-hit bowling; we have a decent leg spinner yet we dont have balls to play him against england. I want to see aaron can no longer watch 130-135 bowler who depends on conditions.
What conditions? BK took a 5 wicket haul on the flattest of flat deck and something which bowlers of neither side could do. Which proves your point wrong. We need bowlers who are capable of taking wickets regardless of speed gun readings. And in tests Yadav>>>>Aaron on this aspect
What conditions? BK took a 5 wicket haul on the flattest of flat deck and something which bowlers of neither side could do. Which proves your point wrong. We need bowlers who are capable of taking wickets regardless of speed gun readings. And in tests Yadav>>>>Aaron on this aspect
stop quoting some sporadic examples , tell me if you actually believe that our pace bowlers as a unit arent condition dependent to excel ? Also Aaron is in the squad yadav isnt.
Aaron has only played 1 test, so cannot compare, but yes Yadav was better when he last played a test with both old and new ball.
Replace ishanth with Aaron. Rest of the bowling attack is fine. You need 5 bowlers. Period. I don't know why anyone should pick rohit. Binny's batting is more than good enough compared to Nohit. . Lol.
You were spot on in saying binny is better than Rohit . Rohit wouldn't have saved this test match. Wait. Are you being banned here?

It does matter what order you bat them in Binny Jadeja and Dhoni. If they are the numbers 6, 7 or 8 we are heading for a massive disaster. That's an almighty, god dammn mother of them all collapses. It will lose us much more test matches then it win. If we replace binny with genuine bowler like aaron, it will make us even more vulnerable. This strategy simply wont work, unless one of those 5 bowlers is a genuine all rounder like a Kapil Dev, Botham, Kallis or a Sobers

It does matter what order you bat them in Binny Jadeja and Dhoni. If they are the numbers 6, 7 or 8 we are heading for a massive disaster. That's an almighty, god dammn mother of them all collapses. It will lose us much more test matches then it win. If we replace binny with genuine bowler like aaron, it will make us even more vulnerable. This strategy simply wont work, unless one of those 5 bowlers is a genuine all rounder like a Kapil Dev, Botham, Kallis or a Sobers
problem is with Dhoni's batting. The minute ball starts to swing, he gets into extremely defensive mode and gets out without scoring. Hence we need to rely on filling up 7, 8 batting position with bowlers who can bat a bit. Jadeja and binny are assigned for this role. If Dhoni was a batsman like Gilly, we might play with 5 regular bowlers. Since dhobi sucks at swinging conditions, he is forced to fill the team with these half nuts to save his ass from embarrassment.
problem is with Dhoni's batting. The minute ball starts to swing' date=' he gets into extremely defensive mode and gets out without scoring. Hence we need to rely on filling up 7, 8 batting position with bowlers who can bat a bit. Jadeja and binny are assigned for this role. If Dhoni was a batsman like Gilly, we might play with 5 regular bowlers. Since dhobi sucks at swinging conditions, he is forced to fill the team with these half nuts to save his ass from embarrassment.[/quote'] Even the might gilly always batted 7 and all conquering aussies did not risk putting him 6 and going in with one less bat!

5 bowler theory works, and since our tail can wag a bit, keep it. we still made 800+ runs and batted it out many times. Say what you want about the pitch, england lost 6 for 60 odd runs. And cook couldnt cash in. I would say play ashwin and drop binny for the next test where seaming conditions are expected. Dont know if binny can get those wickets and id rather have bhuvi at 8 and then play pankaj or aaron who can really utilise conditions and get some wickets.

Lets say rahane is at 5. IF dhoni plays, he is at 6. If you play ashwin, he is at 7. Thats still decent, considering ashwin is more than capable. Kumar at 8.. he is a fighter. I saw aaron batting at trent bridge practice and he is no mug, he is mature and can block em if needed. Point is, i dont think these guys will be pushed. We had runs in the first test but not 20 wickets. Same in SA and NZ. Play 5 proper bowlers who have some solidity instead of mindless slogging like jadeja. Ashwin, Kumar, Shami, Aaron/Pankaj and Ishant is my combo. Dont want or need rohit. We NEED 20 WICKETS. And 4 seamers and a proper test spinner is our best chance.
5 bowler theory works' date=' [b']and since our tail can wag a bit, keep it. we still made 800+ runs and batted it out many times. Say what you want about the pitch, england lost 6 for 60 odd runs. And cook couldnt cash in. I would say play ashwin and drop binny for the next test where seaming conditions are expected. Dont know if binny can get those wickets and id rather have bhuvi at 8 and then play pankaj or aaron who can really utilise conditions and get some wickets.
No it cant. We have the worst tail in international cricket, I thinks stats over last year show this. You think runs scored by our tail on this pathetic track prove anything???
No it cant. We have the worst tail in international cricket' date=' I thinks stats over last year show this. You think runs scored by our tail on this pathetic track prove anything???[/quote'] Did not knew bhuvi,shami,Binny were playing in last few years
Did not knew bhuvi' date='shami,Binny were playing in last few years[/quote'] How did our amazing tail which has Jadeja BK Ishant and Shami (same as now ) do in NZ and SA? One frigging match on a pitch were even Anderson was breaking batting records and suddenly we have awesome tail. You guys must have been watching different tests matches to me over last few years
How did our amazing tail which has Jadeja BK Ishant and Shami (same as now ) do in NZ and SA? One frigging match on a pitch were even Anderson was breaking batting records and suddenly we have awesome tail. You guys must have been watching different tests matches to me over last few years
They did better than some of so called batsmen and proved that in this match that we can go with 5 bowlers and replace Binny with ashwin if needed... Also bhuvi and Binny did not get to play in South Africa or New Zealand let's not fool anyone also ashwin has out batted away from home so I trust him