Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

Pacers all over the world were losing pace till 2010 or thereabouts.

But Indians were singled out.

One good thing this has done is that ... Indiana have worked really hard on retaining pace and improving stamina. It became a challenge for us.

Result... Now we have a pace attack which is the 2nd quickest in the world after Australia, bowling quickly in the last spells of the day while improving their skills too.

Great positives often come out of grossly unfair treatments.

Edited by express bowling
1 hour ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Yep, I'm Pakistani. There is no getting past your sixth sense O light of a thousand suns. :) And lmao Sreesanth bowled entire overs at 149ks? The odd delivery maybe. The current Indian fast bowling attack in tests is second only to OZ in terms of pace. That I can agree with. 

selective attention. wtf is sixth sense of thousand suns...sounds very lahori.

I will find the full  video there are three 148ks after this one in this over. And then there was a game against Srilanka.  But his pace is not the point. But why the bs about Indian bowlers usually loose pace etc, Sreesanth is not even know for his pace and he bowled fast, faster than most pakistani pacers when he played. Same is the trend i see always.

2zp8sqp.jpg

We should seriously think about trying out Bumrah in test matches...provided he can retain his pace and intensity throughout the day.

He is bowling with genine pace of 135 k to 146 k,  bounce, accuracy and seam movement...and bowling an excellent good length, off stump stock ball too. Has a good bouncer.

Did well in this Ranji season. 

Deserves a shot in the 5 day format.

33 minutes ago, Vilander said:

selective attention. wtf is sixth sense of thousand suns...sounds very lahori.

I will find the full  video there are three 148ks after this one in this over. And then there was a game against Srilanka.  But his pace is not the point. But why the bs about Indian bowlers usually loose pace etc, Sreesanth is not even know for his pace and he bowled fast, faster than most pakistani pacers when he played. Same is the trend i see always.

2zp8sqp.jpg

This @Nikhil_cric ! Its there for RP Singh too. I dont remember the series, but it was a long duration that he was bowling that kind of pace. And I agree with the post that Sreesanth was not even known for his pace, and still bowling express, bowled faster than Wasim did his entire life.

Btw @Vilander @Nikhil_cric is not a Pakistani. he is an Indian.

I don't think I saw this series but in 07/08 season, I saw the tri series and Sreesanth was consistently 140+ but he bowled only a couple of deliveries at 148/149 . Didn't hit 150 or bowl high 140's consistently. 

One thing I remember was that during this period I.e. 2007ish Venkatesh Prasad was the bowling coach IIRC correctly and all our bowlers were bowling at their quickest. RP,Ishant in Australia, Sreesanth . Even Irfan Pathan who had lost his pace was bowling like a medium pacer the previous year had regained most of it and was bowling 135 odd. Wonder why Venky was sacked back then. 

I think the best bowling coach was the guy who was coaching India in 2003. He actually turned quite a few bowlers into genuine quickies. I didnt notice this about Venky, but if he helped the bowlers bowl quicker, then he did a damn good job

Venky always focused on accuracy but he correct ishnat action and seam position in Aus after that he was diff bowler for next 2 years.Same with rp Singh and sree both improved under Venky their pace as well as accuracy.Sadly Venky was sacked after world T20 so that Gary could get his fellow Sa Eric Simmons.

5 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

I don't think I saw this series but in 07/08 season, I saw the tri series and Sreesanth was consistently 140+ but he bowled only a couple of deliveries at 148/149 . Didn't hit 150 or bowl high 140's consistently. 

One thing I remember was that during this period I.e. 2007ish Venkatesh Prasad was the bowling coach IIRC correctly and all our bowlers were bowling at their quickest. RP,Ishant in Australia, Sreesanth . Even Irfan Pathan who had lost his pace was bowling like a medium pacer the previous year had regained most of it and was bowling 135 odd. Wonder why Venky was sacked back then. 

Nikhil are you from karnataka ?

6 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Because of stupid theory that Venky being trundler would convert our bowlers into one too

He was our best bowling coach

19 minutes ago, Lord said:

Because of stupid theory that Venky being trundler would convert our bowlers into one too

He was our best bowling coach

Venkiprasadham was such a line and length trundler man..he was slow. Just a bit faster than Kumble lol no wonder people were scared even if unfairly at times to try and limit his pedagogy and fillers.

22 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

This @Nikhil_cric ! Its there for RP Singh too. I dont remember the series, but it was a long duration that he was bowling that kind of pace. And I agree with the post that Sreesanth was not even known for his pace, and still bowling express, bowled faster than Wasim did his entire life.

Btw @Vilander @Nikhil_cric is not a Pakistani. he is an Indian.

Sreesanth was a true fast bowler and i still trust him..i was at chennai airport inside about to fly,dressed in formals and sreesanth uthappa and ganguly and others went past me...i waved at all..nobody waved at me back, nobody wanted to distract themselves. only 1 person was waving back at practically most of his fans and that was Sreesanth, he waved at me back and i gave him a thumsup, he also acknowledged my thumbs Up. 

he looked a very true honest MAN..he has been tricked and cheated. he should have played for INDIA much longer. some body screwed his life and high flying career. he himself was a fool and some times lost his temper to screw himself but he was definitely a honest Man and exceptionally talented man who could bowl really fast, swing the ball very well and could dance as good as bollywood dancers.

Exceptional Talent- Sreesanth.

15 hours ago, Vilander said:

Venkiprasadham was such a line and length trundler man..he was slow. Just a bit faster than Kumble lol no wonder people were scared even if unfairly at times to try and limit his pedagogy and fillers.

venky was a trundler and an average bowler but he bowled with 2 or 3 great bowlers who were Srinath and Kumble.

batsman attacked venky as they felt a lot of pressure facing the Pace and bounce of Srinath and guile of Kumble...bcos they attacked venky , they played false strokes and gave away their wickets...venky was never an international level bowler.

he was never a Good bowling COach too. he supported Srinath arvind and even got him to play for india..srinath arvind was hit badly.

3 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Sreesanth was a true fast bowler and i still trust him..i was at chennai airport inside about to fly,dressed in formals and sreesanth uthappa and ganguly and others went past me...i waved at all..nobody waved at me back, nobody wanted to distract themselves. only 1 person was waving back at practically most of his fans and that was Sreesanth, he waved at me back and i gave him a thumsup, he also acknowledged my thumbs Up. 

he looked a very true honest MAN..he has been tricked and cheated. he should have played for INDIA much longer. some body screwed his life and high flying career. he himself was a fool and some times lost his temper to screw himself but he was definitely a honest Man and exceptionally talented man who could bowl really fast, swing the ball very well and could dance as good as bollywood dancers.

Exceptional Talent- Sreesanth.

I hope you know who fooled and tricked him? lolz, his captain sold him out! And then his political party. I saw him in Koshy's about 6-7 years ago. he came with 2 really attractive girls and was visibly calm.