Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

19 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Pandya's bowling has deteriorated in the last couple of months.

No accuracy, pace or  bounce.

Can't be the 5th bowler with this.

I think he needs to dropped or rested. He is finding it difficult to take the workload.

4 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

He should not be as he should be played as a batting alrounder at 6. We need to find someone else at 7.

This sort of logic is exactly what might hurt us at the World Cup I fear. Imagine if we come up against a team like England In a knockout. Their strength is undoubtedly their batting . To beat a team like that you either need 5 quality bowlers to rein in their powerful batting lineup(Australia can potentially do that) or you need a strong batting lineup upto 7 like we had in 2011 to match their firepower . No point in investing in all-rounders when they are not consistent in either if their skillsets. Our batting already looks fragile with a past it Dhoni. 

5 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

This sort of logic is exactly what might hurt us at the World Cup I fear. Imagine if we come up against a team like England In a knockout. Their strength is undoubtedly their batting . To beat a team like that you either need 5 quality bowlers to rein in their powerful batting lineup(Australia can potentially do that) or you need a strong batting lineup upto 7 like we had in 2011 to match their firepower . No point in investing in all-rounders when they are not consistent in either if their skillsets. Our batting already looks fragile with a past it Dhoni. 

Pandya is the batsman we need more than the bowler. He is the only hitter in middle order.

Edited by rkt.india

Too much is expected out of Pandya.We should play him at 6 as a batting allrounder.With the bat he can win u

games coz he has phenomenal hitting abilities.BK,Kuldeep,Bumrah and Chahal sre our first choice bowlers.So

ideally we need a hitter at 7 who can bowl and share the workload with Pandya.I'd wait for IPL to spot that ideal

option.For now Shankar/Krunal are best possible options.I think our batting strength will reduce if we think about 

Jaddu/Ash at no. 7.So the XI looks like this.

Rohit

Dhawan

Kohli (C)

Rahane/Iyer

Dhoni (Wk)

Hardik

Krunal/Shankar

BK

Kuldeep

Bumrah

Chahal.

3 minutes ago, ShebbySB said:

Too much is expected out of Pandya.We should play him at 6 as a batting allrounder.With the bat he can win u

games coz he has phenomenal hitting abilities.BK,Kuldeep,Bumrah and Chahal sre our first choice bowlers.So

ideally we need a hitter at 7 who can bowl and share the workload with Pandya.I'd wait for IPL to spot that ideal

option.For now Shankar/Krunal are best possible options.I think our batting strength will reduce if we think about 

Jaddu/Ash at no. 7.So the XI looks like this.

Rohit

Dhawan

Kohli (C)

Rahane/Iyer

Dhoni (Wk)

Hardik

Krunal/Shankar

BK

Kuldeep

Bumrah

Chahal.

For WC, we will need a better third seamer