Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

ishant was a must on Gabba wicket and that way DHONI got the right pace attack of aaron yadav and ishant along with a Ashwin who is bowling at his best. its just DHONI's bad luck that AARON and ishant are not at their best where as Umesh seems to be in rhythm... i wanted atleast 2 of the three pacers to be in full rhythm but it seems ishant is not in rhythm as he is too slow too( 129 to 138) with a lot of 131 to 134k balls..when he is in rhythm he balls at 138 k regularly. Umesh is in rhythm and he needs to not just get 5 wickets but get 6 or so... aaron will also get few wickets but he needs to reduce hit me balls.

You were unlucky to see his worst overs.
Yeah maybe but if this is his best it only shows how pathetic hes been. That much is expected specially when pitch is offering turn and bounce. He needs to figure out a way to atleast keep right handers quiet if not cause problems
I only saw later and he was getting smashed by Smith not causing a single problem :hmmm: Bowled well to Marsh I think.
You were unlucky to see his worst overs.
Smith is a very good player of Spin. Hopefully Ashwin will be able to use the rough towards the 4th and 5th days. It would have been good to give him a go against the leftie openers. I know it sounds ridiculous but might be worth the gamble. Ishanth needs to wake up tomorrow.
Aaron needs to get his act right' date=' get more consistent. Sometimes, was trying too much. He wont get a long rope like Ishant. :nervous:[/quote'] i definitely think AARON will Suceed ... he is a super Talent... i still repeat he is INDIA's Fastest and more talented than YADAV. if india has to win in this test .. he also needs to come back into full form. worst thing any captain would do would be to drop Varun... guy as fast as varun is a dangerous bowler and can feth wickets at any time..... he is india best fast bowler as on Today.
I was talking about short as well as short of good length deliveries with extra bounce. Not just bouncers. No point in pitching the ball up consistently here unless the ball starts reversing.
Yes but I call it just length as for every track its different ...when someome says short I think of it as bouncer ..obviously this is not track where you bowl full length but just length .. Umesh is best when he bowls fuller and worst of I have seen is when he bowls bouncers with no plan
Yes but I call it just length as for every track its different ...when someome says short I think of it as bouncer ..obviously this is not track where you bowl full length but just length .. Umesh is best when he bowls fuller and worst of I have seen is when he bowls bouncers with no plan
You may call it what you want .... generally short balls are any deliveries which are pitched short of good length. All short balls are not necessarily attempted bouncers. They could be just short of good length and sharply rising....can be very good deliveries on a hard track.
You may call it what you want .... generally short balls are any deliveries which are pitched short of good length. All short balls are not necessarily attempted bouncers. They could be just short of good length and sharply rising....can be very good deliveries on a hard track.
Short of good length is not called short balls only bouncers are called short balls What umesh was bowling length balls what you and I both don't want is him to bowl very full length where batsmen get to drive easily ...basically length you bowl in England as there is no real swing which I agree with .. What he needs to do is hit length where batsman is does not knows whether to pay on front or back foot and get extra bounce... Aaron should try bowling bouncers and make them pull
Short of good length is not called short balls only bouncers are called short balls What umesh was bowling length balls what you and I both don't want is him to bowl very full length where batsmen get to drive easily ...basically length you bowl in England as there is no real swing which I agree with .. What he needs to do is hit length where batsman is does not knows whether to pay on front or back foot and get extra bounce... Aaron should try bowling bouncers and make them pull
A bouncer is a probable effect of bowling short. All short balls are not bouncers. Almost all bouncers are short balls. Any ball that is even shorter than good length has to be called short. Unless the ball is actually reversing or otherwise swinging ... I want Umesh to bowl a high % of deliveries actually short at the Gabba ... Meaning combination of short of good length deliveries and bouncers. Just short of good length deliveries around the off stump... sharply rising ... can be very effective for Umesh here.Actually has been so. Good length deliveries can be the variation ball until the ball starts moving.

I do not agree bowling bouncers is actually effective for him even here he should bowl at good length but also let batsmen come to front foot as he he has moved ball even here but that does not mean I want him to bowl easy drive balls that is too full I want him to bowl length which batsmen play on frontnfoot but have to reach for ball and strech ..

Aaron was unlucky, he has a few drops esp the Watson one, he lost his mind a bit towards the end. Its sad Dhoni would be itching to drop one of Yadav or Aaron for Dhawal since he is slow bowler, now he will have a reason to drop Aaron and have both Ishant and Dhawal so only need to drop Yadav then..that would be easy when BK arrives.