Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

6 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

issue is bumrah and ishant are a bit slower than what they were earlier...

only shammi is touching 140k...very soon he will bag the MOST wickets out of Indian pacers..

Bumrah bowled 138 k to 144 k earlier in the day.

Hit the bat hard too.

His issue was lack of sufficient movement and shorter than needed length.

2 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

issue is bumrah and ishant are a bit slower than what they were earlier...

only shammi is touching 140k...very soon he will bag the MOST wickets out of Indian pacers..

Ishant is clearly unfit, look at his run up. He is basically just cruising up to the crease and delivering. But he is getting wickets through movement so the risk to pick him seems justified right now.

10 hours ago, Mosher said:

Bumrah 127 :((

i am confused and sad seeing Boomrah bowling so slow...his faster balls in this match were 137 to 140K...

bumrah in indian flat IPL pitches and in africa and australia was bowling 136 to 145 K and a rare ball touching 147k....

he has a rare awkward tough action to read and his 136K looks like a 140 K so even now batsman find him tough but they manage to save them selves in. He has to get back to his usual pace else he will struggle like he struggled in ODI's.

In odi's he bowled 133k to 141K and did not get a single wicket- i see him failing till he tries a bit harder and goes one notch up.

SHAMMI is bound to succeed soon..he did not get his rhythm much today but i don't see much wrong in him.

Ishant is very clever now and he manages right line and length and this wicket is tailor made for him, he should run through new zealand as this pitch has bounce.

shammi and ishant should bounce out new zealand tomorrow.

Edited by vishalvirsingh
7 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

i am confused and sad seeing Boomrah bowling so slow...his faster balls in this match were 137 to 140K...

From Bumrah in this match ... I have seen almost entire overs above 140 kph in his first spell  ....  Fastest of 144 kph, seen a 142 kph too.

bumrah in indian flat IPL pitches and in africa and australia was bowling 136 to 145 K and a rare ball touching 147k....

Bumrah bowled

In SA.             135 kph to 148 kph

In Australia.  137 kph to 153 kph

In the IPL.      137 kph to 151 kph

Bowled lots of 147 kph to 150 kph balls in both Australia and the IPL.

In odi's he bowled 133k to 141K and did not get a single wicket- i see him failing till he tries a bit harder and goes one notch up.

In ODIs in NZ, his fastest balls in the 3 matches were

145 k

146 k

146 k

Rarely bowled below 137 k.  In the first ODI, his most common delivery was 142 kph

You are under-estimating his pace.