Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

Contrary to what people are saying, I am of the opine that the bowlers are not looking fresh. All the fast bowlers which include Ishant Sharma, have looked jaded. The energy has been missing. Could be because of bizarre scheduling and selection.

Accepted that our bowlers may not be swinging the ball. However, my concern is they dont look like having a plan in place. They dont seem to have worked out a Plan A, B and C for the NZ'ers. They also dont seem to be bowling in tandem, what they did till last year. Every bowler seems to be a single unit and is bowling on his own. Whether it is the stress of working under someone as autocratic and egoistic like Kohli. or something else, we will not know.

The joy of bowling seems missing in all of them. And I can say the same about a few batsmen of ours!

4 hours ago, express bowling said:

He gets consistent outswing with the new ball.

Almost all our pacers had low averages and low SR in SA and England, barring Shami in England.

Prasidh is that pacer.  Gets consistent outswing.

Mavi too. Gets big inswing.

And both can bowl 145 kph.

Problem with Umesh is inconsistency. Does not bowl in right areas to effective with his swing overseas.

Indians fast bowlers have bowled with pace,  bounce and movement this morning.

Gave the NZ batters a torrid time. Hurried them and made them jump.

Reduced them to 142 for 5 from 63 without loss at stumps yesterday.

This is the aggressive fast bowling unit we know and love.

Saini in place of some top 8 guys would have been even better.  This pitch screams 4 fast bowlers.

Edited by express bowling