Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Nagarkoti to me is far from being an international material at the moment. Mavi is much more of it. Nagarkoti will have to try to become an alrounder. The biggest problem with Koti is he is too short and hardly gets bounce. Mavi isn't that tall to but has an high arm action.

Obviously Mavi is a better and matured/ measured bowler. Why I want Nagarkotti to bowl here is because he has pace. He cant do any worse than Natarajan. And this experience may perhaps help him become a better bowler.

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Mavi bowls very apt deliveries. Channel balls upfront and yorkers / slower balls at the end. Generally bowls an off stump line.

If he can bowl at his original pace and bounce, he will be very dangerous.

Hopefully Koti gets stronger and work on his batting. He can be useful as an all-round option.

4 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Obviously Mavi is a better and matured/ measured bowler. Why I want Nagarkotti to bowl here is because he has pace. He cant do any worse than Natarajan. And this experience may perhaps help him become a better bowler.

I would have instead like Prasidh here. He is at the right age to get picked. Mavi-Koti after coming back from injury need more time to get back into the groove. Prasidh could learn from Hazelwood. How to operate and maintain hard length and consistent lines. 

Just now, rkt.india said:

I would have instead like Prasidh here. He is at the right age to get picked. Mavi-Koti after coming back from injury need more time to get back into the groove. Prasidh could learn from Hazelwood. How to operate and maintain hard length and consistent lines. 

But Prasidh is not in Australi. Hence, I mentioned Nagarkotti.

4 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Hopefully Koti gets stronger and work on his batting. He can be useful as an all-round option.

Nagarkoti needs to get his skid off the deck back. That was his strength but has been largely missing this year.

His lack of natural bounce will always be a problem unless he is very skiddy at 90 mph +.

And he needs to practice bowling off stump lines only. He has been bowling random deliveries this year.

8 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Nagarkoti is not in Australia either.

He was picked as a practice bowler but was denied permission by someone in charge of his workload management.

Why Prasidh wasn't picked as net bowler. Now even porel has returned. Now Kartik is the only net bowler they have.

Edited by rkt.india
19 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Why Prasidh wasn't picked as net bowler. Now even porel has returned. Now Kartik is the only net bowler they have.

I have wanted Prasidh in the ODI squad too. Would  have been a good learning experience for him.

This is poor planning from us.

He should be flown as a net bowler even now.

13 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Bowled good lengths today, hitting that hard length. Good display of defensive bowling. :winky: I would want all indian pacers to bowl like Shardul did today or I might say how Hazelwood bowls, just replicate him. 

I think Wasim once said in ODI cricket he wasn't concerned with wickets, just keeping runs down. Unsure if I totally agree but it is an interesting thought, nonetheless. 

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Bowled good lengths today, hitting that hard length. Good display of defensive bowling. :winky: I would want all indian pacers to bowl like Shardul did today or I might say how Hazelwood bowls, just replicate him. 

Absolutely bro. Who would ever doubt Shardul Thakur is the closest to Glenn Mcgrath, if ever there was one?

1 hour ago, msb1991 said:

I think Wasim once said in ODI cricket he wasn't concerned with wickets, just keeping runs down. Unsure if I totally agree but it is an interesting thought, nonetheless. 

That's the best method to bowl in LOIs. Play on the mistakes of batsmen. Wasim has mentioned it several times on commentary. He Used to say look for swing early. It swings fine, bowl up. If it doesn't then he will pull his length back and bowl to contain batsman and wait for the ball to get older to get reverse.

Edited by rkt.india