Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

5 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

Not for the first time,after winning in Aus he concluded pace is out of vogue since Aus pacers  couldn't  pick enough wickets .

Not us only, technical issues are quite common with fast bowlers world over as it is very difficult to have balance from lot of things associated with fast bowling,they play they get highlighted ,iron out issues

You never play you never know

15 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

Why? And shami and bumrah aren't bowling that quickly either .if they are quick they should be bowling at least 140-150ks .

Bumrah is still bowling 133 k to 147 k / 149 k in tests and 137 k to 149 k in white ball cricket.

Shami was always 132 k to 146 k in tests. And 135 k to 147 k in white ball cricket.

Both bowl lots of 140 k+ balls.

That is quick enough.

Moreover, both get zip off the deck. 

And both can hit the deck hard for bounce and seam movement.

Most importantly, both Bumrah and Shami combine pace, bounce, zip, accuracy, movement with ability to set up batsmen and are low average and low SR bowlers at international level.

Edited by express bowling
Just now, MultiB48 said:

Odd balls don't matter ,most of the time he is bowling 135-145ks .

In tests, yes.

Bumrah was bowling quicker in the IPL and the ODI series vs Australia.

I think 135 k to 145 k is good speeds in tests. Even Cummins and Rabada bowl at these speeds only.  Cummins bowled a few 145 k+ balls in only 1 out of the 8 test innings he bowled against us.

1 hour ago, MultiB48 said:

Odd balls don't matter ,most of the time he is bowling 135-145ks .

I suppose You are talking about their average speed which is quite good

No bowler bowls more than that in a spell >6-8 overs in a test

It is quite wise to conserve your energy to up your pace with older ball

Steyn used to do that in his whole career

4 hours ago, express bowling said:

If we find a left arm quick who is of similar quality as Bumrah or Shami then he would definitely add value.

Gee, you think?  If we find someone similar to two of the current best fast bowlers in world cricket then he will add value.  Maybe if we find someone that can bat as good as Rohit he will add value too?

Gentlemen, it’s expert analysis such as this that makes icf so worthwhile. 

5 hours ago, MultiB48 said:

So they aren't that quick ,arzan may be 5ks slower, it's not as if they are 90mph bowlers.

135 k to 145 k is quite quick in test matches. Batsmen get hurried by this pace. Happens all the time. And hurrying batsmen is the main objective of pace.

Don't see many established bowlers bowl much quicker than that in test matches.

Apart from Starc and Johnson, show me a bowler who has bowled 140 k to 150 k in test matches over multiple years in the last 10 year span. 

At the end of 2020, Bumrah was averaging 139.2 kph in his entire test career. That is a very high speed for test matches.

Edited by express bowling
15 minutes ago, GeeGaw said:

Gee, you think?  If we find someone similar to two of the current best fast bowlers in world cricket then he will add value.  Maybe if we find someone that can bat as good as Rohit he will add value too?

Gentlemen, it’s expert analysis such as this that makes icf so worthwhile. 

Such " brilliant " posts seem to be your forte.

That statement was a part of a long discussion. What I was saying was we should not pick a pacer just because he is a left armer. He should have a certain quality which is close to our better pacers.

But why use your brain and and try to understand things when such " great "remarks can be made casually !!

1 hour ago, MultiB48 said:

speed got discussed because expressbowling said he isnt quick enough compared to shami and bumrah,to which i replied that shami and bumrah themselves arent that quick .if you have to hurry batsmen you must bowl 140 -150,else it comes down to skill.

First off, pacers can hurry batsmen at even 132 k to 142 k if they get zip off the deck or get steep bounce.

Secondly, I wasn't just referring to their release speeds only but their bowling styles and bowling quality too.

Both Bumrah and Shami can hit the deck hard, get bounce and both bowl a heavy ball.  They are more hit the deck seam bowlers whereas many of the newer pacers we see coming through are swing bowlers who dont hit the deck hard ... like Chahar and Natarajan. Nagaswalla maybe similar.

13 minutes ago, express bowling said:

First off, pacers can hurry batsmen at even 132 k to 142 k if they get zip off the deck or get steep bounce.

Secondly, I wasn't just referring to their release speeds only but their bowling styles and bowling quality too.

Both Bumrah and Shami can hit the deck hard, get bounce and both bowl a heavy ball.  They are more hit the deck seam bowlers whereas many of the newer pacers we see coming through are swing bowlers who dont hit the deck hard ... like Chahar and Natarajan. Nagaswalla maybe similar.

offtopic when you say hit the deck.. shoaib akthar comes to my mind.. he used to literally hit the deck