Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Shami too leaked runs in previous games. Only bowler who keeps pressure is Bumrah.

Shami is an aggressive and short pacer ... and such pacers can always go for a few runs on occasions. 

But he is a proper test match pacer who is challenging the batsmen in most spells. Batsmen feel pressure while playing Shami in test matches. 

1 hour ago, Forward Defence said:

Interesting numbers about height of release points being shown. The higher the release point the more difficult it has been for batsmen. Another point in favour of someone like Prasidh getting the nod.

In India, the moment the issues of height, release points and bounce come up ... we have picked Ishant Sharma for the last 13 years.

It is like Non-Ishant tall pacers are not allowed.

Good chance that we will see Ishant come back even if he is semi-fit.

Our TM seem to miss the point that Ishant does not get much bounce despite his height ... and among the regular Team India pacers, Bumrah is the only one who gets bounce off length balls.

We desperately need a couple of Prasidh kind of pacers who get steep bounce at 140 k+ from a high release point. 

Edited by express bowling
2 hours ago, New guy said:

Siraj can 100% bowl with sustained pressure, juat having couple off days. Shami has had many such days in matches too

Siraj definitely qualifies as a proper test match pacer. Which is why I have supported him so much.

He is semi-fit and not having off days.

But Bumrah and Shami have been the focal points of our pace bowling revolution in tests for the last 3.5 years. 

Having both of them bowling together add a lot of value. Pacers like Umesh and Shardul don't really look the part. 

23 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Oval always more suited to tall bouncy bowlers. Ishant is tall but not bouncy nor pacy. Prasidh has three ingredient pace, bounce, swing/seam but control is a question mark.

The data shown was not limited to Oval only. Agree about Prasidh. Ishant's release point is actually not as high as one would expect for a bowler of his height.

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Siraj definitely qualifies as a proper test match pacer. Which is why I have supported him so much.

He is semi-fit and not having off days.

But Bumrah and Shami have been the focal points of our pace bowling revolution in tests for the last 3.5 years. 

Having both of them bowling together add a lot of value. Pacers like Umesh and Shardul don't really look the part. 

Kartik can bat. I hope he keeps improving his batting to become a bowling alrounder.

1 hour ago, Vijy said:

he was very promising a while ago (even in ranjis), but has not played FC in a long time. he didn't look that great in last IPL

During IPL 2021, Gavaskar suggested that bouncers needed to be bowled at a particular batsman.

Mavi was bowling and Pietersen asked Gavaskar whether he had the pace to bowl bouncers, because it did not seem so.

From being one of the quickest pacers in the U19 World Cup to this doubt ... it was very disappointing to hear.

He has been bowling within himself for quite some time now and I hope it does not become a habit.

6 minutes ago, express bowling said:

During IPL 2021, Gavaskar suggested that bouncers needed to be bowled at a particular batsman.

Mavi was bowling and Pietersen asked Gavaskar whether he had the pace to bowl bouncers, because it did not seem so.

From being one of the quickest pacers in the U19 World Cup to this doubt ... it was very disappointing to hear.

He has been bowling within himself for quite some time now and I hope it does not become a habit.

For his height if he bowls within himself he won't even get into his franchise second xi in days to come, he is well aware of that,if that doesn't shake him up ,that is travesty

15 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

For his height if he bowls within himself he won't even get into his franchise second xi in days to come, he is well aware of that,if that doesn't shake him up ,that is travesty

Mavi has a lot of ability but I don't know whether he has the mindset to be a fast bowler. 

Tyagi And Nagarkoti have the mindset but Nagarkoti is too short.

1 hour ago, Suhaan said:

But Mavi is different than Nagarkoti. Even at 140, he is more effective than Koti because of his high arm action. He is hip dominant so he has a tall action and he gets more bounce than many other same height bowlers. He is also taller than Koti.

54 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

But Mavi is different than Nagarkoti. Even at 140, he is more effective than Koti because of his high arm action. He is hip dominant so he has a tall action and he gets more bounce than many other same height bowlers. He is also taller than Koti.

Point is ,most of the times he isn't generating 140 ,he has comeback from long injury layoff,but even if he has high release point if he stays below 140/136 ,he won't generate same amount of bounce,i believe he is same height of Shami

Nagarkoti too is hip dominant,but side on

Edited by Suhaan
2 hours ago, express bowling said:

Mavi has a lot of ability but I don't know whether he has the mindset to be a fast bowler. 

Tyagi And Nagarkoti have the mindset but Nagarkoti is too short.

Yes. We do not need to be unduly concerned about pace bowling - Tyagi, Avesh, Prasidh are all 25-26 or less and Boom is 27. the real issues in the future will be batting and spin bowling

7 hours ago, Suhaan said:

Point is ,most of the times he isn't generating 140 ,he has comeback from long injury layoff,but even if he has high release point if he stays below 140/136 ,he won't generate same amount of bounce,i believe he is same height of Shami

Nagarkoti too is hip dominant,but side on

Nagarkoti is knee dominant