Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

5 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Bumrah is a defensive bowler,i always felt that

I would have wanted him as first change, difficult to go after

But it would mean finding two very good new ball bowlers

Siraj can be tried in there alongwith Prasidh,who may take time to settle in there,that means he should be given opportunities as much as possible

Bumrah needs to bowl like he does in tests. Bowl more good length channel balls.

And not trying Siraj and Prasidh is becoming appalling.  

4 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Bumrah needs to bowl like he does in tests. Bowl more good length channel balls.

And not trying Siraj and Prasidh is becoming appalling.  

Channel bowling in ODIs work only when there is movement or extra bounce. Otherwise will be taken for runs. 

You forgot Siraj was injured and replaced by Saini.

Edited by rkt.india
Just now, rkt.india said:

Channel bowling in ODIs work only when there is movement or extra bounce. Otherwise will be taken for runs. 

supersport showed a graphic in 3rd test...  That among all seamers Shardul extracted more bounce from Indian pacers higher than Bumrah. 

Even Wiaan Mulder extracted more bounce than Indians. 

What do you think where is the zip & bounce gone from Bumrah @express bowling that even Shardul is getting more outta surface than him

1 minute ago, Lone Wolf said:

supersport showed a graphic in 3rd test...  That among all seamers Shardul extracted more bounce from Indian pacers higher than Bumrah. 

What do you think where is the zip & bounce gone from Bumrah @express bowling that even Shardul is getting more outta surface than him

Trying to swing the ball more than he did in earlier years must have affected his ball release. 

This is happening after the tour to England, when Bumrah focused a lot on swing. 

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

Trying to swing the ball more than he did in earlier years must have affected his ball release. 

This is happening after the tour to England, when Bumrah focused a lot on swing. 

Yeah he needs go back to his basics.  Probably trying too much.  Also attacking stumps a lot in ODIs.  Not needed I think.  Slower ball is also not visible & lack of accurate bouncer. 

Just now, rkt.india said:

He is limited. If ball doesn't swing, he is toast.

He swings the ball in the air and he does have that wobble seam similar to Anderson and Asif. Obviously not at their level. On top of that can bat, I can think of at least 6-7 names in the Indian side he can be picked ahead of 

11 minutes ago, maniac said:

Yes. Doesn’t deserve the new ball.

Give it to Deepak C. Yes I said it. Bite me :--D

The lure of the medium paced swing bowler must be avoided if we want a great pace attack.  : )

They never become great bowlers if they are Asians. (  playing 60% of the matches on low and slow tracks and conditions that don't aid swing )

Edited by express bowling
16 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

These nitpicking of stats isn't necessary for bowlers like him,if you zero in on these things ,you will find continous disparity in every bowler for each month

This will permanently ruin him

Edited by Suhaan
Just now, express bowling said:

The lure of the medium paced swing bowler must be avoided if we want a great pace attack.

They never become great bowlers if they are Asians.

I am looking at more from utility. England also plays David Willey who bowls the first 2-3

Overs only with new ball and bats at 9-10 even though opens for his county side in LOIs.

You can’t blindly have 4 seam bowlers who bowl at 140+ but don’t add anything else.

Deepak C kind of utility players are needed. Quick cameos and early wickets at the top and his job is done. Maybe can’t play both Thakur and Deepak together but I still think he is the best exponent with the new white ball in India. Bumrah, Shami are better with older ball.

Siraj comes the closest to what fits your profile and i agree he should be a regular.

3 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

These nitpicking of stats isn't necessary for bowlers like him,if you zero in on these things ,you will find continous disparity in every bowler for each month

This will permanently ruin him

Bumrah's wicket taking ability has greatly dipped in the last 2 years.

He is averaging 27+ from 15 tests in this period, while playing 13 of those tests in SENA.  If he had played say 35% of those tests in Asia, he could have averged over 30.

And it is not a small sample size either.

This part is worrying.

And partly attributable to his reduction in zip and bounce.

6 minutes ago, maniac said:

I am looking at more from utility. England also plays David Willey who bowls the first 2-3

Overs only with new ball and bats at 9-10 even though opens for his county side in LOIs.

You can’t blindly have 4 seam bowlers who bowl at 140+ but don’t add anything else.

4 seamers bowling 140 k + !!!!

I can't even see the 2nd one  !!

Can't fill the Team with utility players only.

We have Shardul and Venkatesh / Hardik doing just that.

Where are the strike bowlers ????

6 minutes ago, maniac said:

Deepak C kind of utility players are needed. Quick cameos and early wickets at the top and his job is done. Maybe can’t play both Thakur and Deepak together but I still think he is the best exponent with the new white ball in India. Bumrah, Shami are better with older ball.

Siraj comes the closest to what fits your profile and i agree he should be a regular.

The white ball does not swing for long.

Check out how Deepak's bowling performances have dipped in recent times in T20Is. ( once the novelty factor wears off )

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Bumrah's wicket taking ability has greatly dipped in the last 2 years.

He is averaging 27+ from 15 tests in this period, while playing 13 of those tests in SENA.  If he had played say 35% of those tests in Asia, he could have averged over 30.

And it is not a small sample size either.

This part is worrying.

And partly attributable to his reduction in zip and bounce.

He should only play tests and IPL,

His bounce was something extraordinary from him for his height

I don't think he will always be able to do that,and i m sure soon he will change his run up too

He won't be able to bowl like this with his short run up always or he has really someone to talk about this like Wood had done?

I really hope he does to maintain his sting