All eyes on Ishant as India aim to keep chin music on against England

A bouncer can be effective and threatening if the ball lands on the seam and it is directed at the head / neck region . Also, it is from a tall pacer and hence not pitched too short. A 135 k bouncer can be great then . A shorter pacer like Shami needs to have quicker bouncers as he would have to pitch it shorter to get it around the head.

Since the English might be somewhat psyched out by bouncers, I strongly feel that Pankaj Singh should be included in place of Binny. Pankaj Singh can bowl good bouncers if needed and , if the ball swings, he is a good exponent of that too. Would be a very versatile pacer in England and Infact most places.

Bouncers are always good if you can bowl at decent clip around 140 to keep batsman honest. It can also unsettle the footwork. So' date=' he needs to work on it. Being a tall bowler, he must use bouncers effectively.[/quote'] I think he bowled at really good pace, if not alarmingly fast. Even though the bouncers bowled to prior,stokes n root were not well directed one, but were bowled at good lively pace. Stamina has not been a problem with Ishant, it is his Rhythm that has been problematic. If he is on rhythm he can even crank it up to 90mph
But will it be smart enough to bowl short before 20overs.? Bowl will be new. England wasted the new ball by giving plunkett to bowl short in last matches.
This strategy should not be tried when the ball is new and swinging. Only a few bouncers then. It can work better when the ball is not moving and the pitch has been roughed up a bit later on in the test and there is some variable bounce. But the psychological pressure created by softening up the batsmen should always be kept in mind.
How about going all out and bringing in Pankaj AND Aaron for Binny and Shami. Pepper them with bouncers from dawn to dusk' date=' their innings won't last more than a day.[/quote'] I was suggesting the same thing in another thread. Bringing in both Pankaj and Aaron. Going for the jugular when the English are down. If the bouncer strategy does not work then we have Bhuvi and Pankaj who can swing the ball and Ishant can use his good length seaming deliveries. Ishant and Aaron can reverse the ball. Ishant, Aaron and Pankaj can all bowl good bouncers. We would have so many options. Plus, Aaron can bat a bit.
I was suggesting the same thing in another thread. Bringing in both Pankaj and Aaron. Going for the jugular when the English are down. If the bouncer strategy does not work then we have Bhuvi and Pankaj who can swing the ball and Ishant can use his good length seaming deliveries. We would have so many options. Plus, Aaron can bat a bit.
If only we had a proactive and attacking captain like Clarke, who'd put in place such an aggressive strategy. Hit the English where they're vulnerable.
If only we had a proactive and attacking captain like Clarke' date=' who'd put in place such an aggressive strategy. Hit the English where they're vulnerable.[/quote'] Dhoni: I don't want my bowlers to be too aggressive because they need to remain fit for next year's IPL
Since the English might be somewhat psyched out by bouncers, I strongly feel that Pankaj Singh should be included in place of Binny. Pankaj Singh can bowl good bouncers if needed and , if the ball swings, he is a good exponent of that too. Would be a very versatile pacer in England and Infact most places.
Pankaj doesnt have good bouncers.
Then what is he good for :giggle:....Obviously Indian bowlers are not good with Yorkers and he is not a LOI bowler from what I hear so no variations' date='Doesn't have the extra pace obviously....Just Kidding.[/quote'] It is not like he cant bowl bouncers. He can but that is not forte. He is a seam swing bowler and a work horse, can bowl spells in good areas, gets decent bounce at around 135 or so, but to bowl bouncers, you need a bit more pace.